Cisse worry?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:20 pm

According to PremierLeague.com, there is a slight possibility that Cisse may not be able to play tomorrow after picking up a muscle injury against West Brom.

Morientes is also unavailable for the game, which leaves us short in the striker department. Only Crouch, although we could play Garcia or Pongolle alongside him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:29 pm

He was hobbling a bit when he came off.

Good opportunity for Pongolle then - I just hope he has a good one.
ivor_the_injun

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:40 pm

Teletext mentioned this today as well, not good news obviously with Morientes also out.  We have options though.  Pongolle has looked lively lately so he could play up top.  Apart from that we could play Garcia or even Kewell up there with Crouch.

Although I am not a big fan of the 4-5-1/4-3-3 we used early in the season, I wonder whether Benitez might consider it away from home to Bolton, especially if both Cisse and Morientes are out.  They pack the midfield with 3 in the centre and I just wonder if Benitez might consider playing something like...

Reina

Finnan          Carra          Hyypia          Riise

Alonso       Sissoko

Garcia                Gerrard             Kewell

Crouch

I must stress that in general I don't like this formation, we're much better with 4-4-2.  But part of the reason this formation didn't work earlier in the season is because Garcia was in awful form and we didn't really have an out and out left winger with Kewell out.  With these 2 guys playing pretty well and Cisse/Morientes possibly out I think it's a decent option for this game.  Although Pongolle is possible, I still think he's much more effective as a sub than when he starts games.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:22 pm

id have said the same team as John Craig, if Cisse is injured.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm

i would imagine Rafa might play 5 in midfield tomorrow although i cant stand 4-5-1 he may just be forced into it.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kiwi-Kopite » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:29 pm

I wouldnt change the formation that has won us 10 matches on the bounce, i would do  a straight change for cisse with Pongole. Pongole has pace and could get to crouch's headers and is also a good runner.
Kiwi-Kopite

Postby Scottbot » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:50 pm

If cisse is unavailable i'd would hope the boss will give Pongo the rare start he deserves. The lad has looked sharp just about every time he gets on this season and i believe he could form a great 'little and large' partnership with Crouchy.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:11 am

He will most be available but i guess we should put flo up front with crouch otherwise and give him a chance
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:33 am

i would imagine Rafa might play 5 in midfield tomorrow although i cant stand 4-5-1 he may just be forced into it.

I think we will play 4-4-1-1  and i can't stand if garcia play . He like to lose the ball :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby laza » Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:24 am

If Cisse is unavailable then i rather Pongo be given a chance  rather then reverting to the 4.5.1 also.
It would also be unfortunate turn of events for Cisse considering how long he has been cooling his heels for before getting opportunity with Morientes injury to prove his worth
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion