Cisse wants out - He'll leave if he stays on the bench

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby josip84 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:27 pm

Tomorrow France are playing a very important game in Switzerland (if they win, they qualify for the World Cup in Germany/ If they lose, they're out/If they draw, they'll have one more chance).
As Henry and Trezeguet are injured, Cisse will probably be Domenech's choice as striker, in the best possible position for him, with Zidane behind him.
What I'm saying is : If Cisse does well tomorrow in such an important game with a lot of pressure, then IMO the question of Rafa's tactics and options will have to be raised once again.
josip84

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:02 pm

Good point Josip
76-1115222408

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:16 pm

What I'm saying is : If Cisse does well tomorrow in such an important game with a lot of pressure, then IMO the question of Rafa's tactics and options will have to be raised once again.

And if he doesn't, will we bury all the questions about the tactics? Until when? until the next lost match?

I don't think balances must be done after a match, but after a season.

Cisse is a good player, but hasn't done well in Liverpool, for whatever reason, not necessarily Rafa.
And if he does a bad game tomorrow , I'll still think he's a good player, but not necessarily for Liverpool

Sabre
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:28 pm

I think Rafa's already made up his mind. (Hope I'm wrong though)
He buys Crouch who he plays straight away, then brings Pongo on
in the Super Cup before Cisse, plays Pongo against Betis, and then brings Pongo on again before him vs Chelsea.
If you're behind Pongo in the pecking order, you worry.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:22 am

Djibril Cisse has moved to distance himself from stories suggesting he's about to give up on his Anfield career after failing to hold down a regular starting place in the Liverpool team so far this season.
Cisse, on international duty in France this week, moved quickly to clarify his position on his future and insisted he still believes he can make Anfield his long-term football home.

"Following rumours in some of the English press, I want to emphasise that I love being in England and at Liverpool - and I want to stay and fight for my place," he says.

"I have said all along I don't want to go. I want to stay and I want to play. I had a very bad injury and it has taken a long time to overcome that. Now I feel ready to show the fans what IU can really do. They have been great to me and I'd like to repay them. I enjoy myself here in Liverpool, I feel it is my home and I want my future to be here."

Another twist in the tale of Lord Frodsham.
66-1112520797

Postby rafazredz » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:16 am

i hope i dont see cisse go as hes a good attacker when he gets played there and also we dont have anyone else like him on the team
rafazredz

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:07 pm

Rafa might change his mind.

Cisse scores for France.
bring_back_biscan

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:13 pm

Rafa might change his mind.

Cisse scores for France.

Baros is a prolific scorer for Czech republic, he scored tons of goals for them whilst he played for us but where is Baros now?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:24 pm

Aston Villa.
bring_back_biscan

Postby L-type » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:32 pm

Cisse actually wants to stay
Liverpool ace Djibril Cisse has poured cold water on reports suggesting he is unhappy at Anfield, insisting he wants to fight for his place.

France international Cisse has been used mainly as a right winger by manager Rafel Benitez this season and has often cut a forlorn figure on the Liverpool bench.

He was quoted on Friday as saying that if the situation did not imporve he would seek pastures new, with Marseille a possible destination when the transfer window reopens.

However Cisse has now stressed that he does see his long-term future on Merseyside.

He told the club's website: "I want to emphasize that I love being in England and at Liverpool - and I want to stay and fight for my place.

"I have said all along I don't want to go. I want to stay and I want to play. I had a very bad injury and it has taken a long time to overcome that. Now I feel ready to show the fans what I can really do.

"They have been great to me and I'd like to repay them. I enjoy myself here in Liverpool, I feel it is my home and I want my future to be here."
_ ___

Great news!! he loves the club, and anyone who is producing teh goods, but is refused teh starting position should be unhappy. That is why Owen left Madrid, and Cisse has scored again, but he always comes on for teh last 10 minutes, and even then he's playing an unfamiliar position.

Crouch today played upfront with Owen, and Crouch was the stand out performer against Austria.  His knock down to the 2nd forward won England a penalty.  I sure hope benitez was watching. 

** I do think Benitez can acheive success with the 4-5-1 formation, but not with out current setup, and watching these matches you can tell  that our forwards are crying out for a 4-4-2.  PLEASE RAFA PLEASE !!  (sorry for rambling on, let's try and keep this focused on cisse not rafa)
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:32 pm

it was a rhetorical question
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:35 pm

hahaha :D
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:38 am

How was his goal? I've read in reports that France looked a lot more livelier when he came on, but I can't seem to find any highlights of the game or replays of his goal.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redland » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:20 am

are 4-5-1 is effective?
in europe, may be yes but in EPL?
with just 3 goal of 6 games i say nop......
y in europe we can score but blund in EPL?
just give to RB to find it out....
maybe the tactic or the starter eleven or ect?
or may be we must find back a real goal machine?
forget about owen. he may be available just next season...
no more experiment and please wake up.... :sleep
redland

Postby josip84 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:44 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:How was his goal? I've read in reports that France looked a lot more livelier when he came on, but I can't seem to find any highlights of the game or replays of his goal.

France were indeed a lot livelier and played much better when Cisse came in. Everybody wonders why France manager Raymond Domenech didn't include Cisse from the very start of the game.
Cisse scores in a typical Cissesque way ; he receives a lobbed pass from behind, outpaces the swiss defenders, performs an awful first touch, benefits from a swiss defender's hesitation, outpaces the defence a second time and finally scores with a fine cross shot on the righthand side of the goal-keeper.
josip84

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion