Cisse wants out - He'll leave if he stays on the bench

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby drummerphil » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:13 pm

Its the usual media rubbish.......rafa dosnt like Cisse and its obvious he will probably go in January......so shock horror.......Cisse says he will leave if not picked,hardly shock news he knows hes going January.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:34 pm

There's nothing new in this article about Cisse.  He'll go in January as long as a replacement can be brought in, the fact Benitez only brought him on with 10 mins to go when we were losing at home says it all really.  Benitez doesn't want him, for one reason or the other.  Whether Benitez just doesn't like him or feels he doesn't fit the tactics doesn't really matter, fact is he's on his way out.  It will take something of a miracle to save Cisse's Liverpool career now I feel.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:37 pm

seems like marseille are keeping tabs on cisse.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....n+Cisse
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:42 pm

stmichael wrote:seems like marseille are keeping tabs on cisse.

http://home.skysports.com/list.as....n+Cisse

I wouldn't loan him out, we need to recoup some of the money we wasted on him.

If Marseille want him they'll have to cough up at least half of what we bought him for.  He's a french international and still highly rated by many around europe, we're bound to be able to find a buyer rather than loaning him out surely.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Krory » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:55 pm

i agree
Krory

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:57 pm

Cisse is not doing himself any favours by talking to the press about what should be kept between himself and the manager.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:57 pm

Cisse is rubbish for starters but any hope of him putting any kind of performance together was dashed when Rafa tried to offload him pre season. Since then Cisse has seen his backside as has the Liverpool bench. Why the board continued with a deal Houllier manufactured whilst appointing Benitez is still a mystery. I would guess they had gone to far down the road to back out and its been a disaster since. We have no time to wait for £14m footballers to put something together. I know he bust his leg but hes not set Anfield alight has he. Im afraid I cannot stomach the whinging footballer and we are all looking for excuses for his :censored: performances. Thing is despite his gammy leg and being played on the flank,theres no excuse for his shoddy play. If he cannot hack it then he has to go and Ive no doubt he will sooner rather than later.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Krory » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:57 pm

amen to that
Krory

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:01 pm

He should save his taking for the pitch. He hasn't played very much lately but he should try to make an impact during the time he's on. Look at Robbie Keane, he's come on for Spurs late in the game for the past three games and has scored 2 important goals for them.

Cisse needs to keeps his mouth shut and try to make something happen when he plays. And by the way he's played more games than any other of our players [14] in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:01 pm

Krory mate, I saw somebody had added something to this already interesting thread and thought I must catch up on it. Further, yours wasn't a name I was familiar with so this only added to the intrigue as I scrolled down to read your observations, get a feel for the way you were seeing it and the type of fella/or girl you are.
While I'm all for not using ten words where one will do (yeah right!) you are either in a mad rush or reluctant to air your views. If it's the second one, don't be. Tell us what you agree with and why you agree with it. It makes the forum better mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:02 pm

I still think we should by Bastian Schweinsteiger. he has been fantastic for the last two seasons and is going to replace Ballack in the Muchen and German teams. We should get him know while he is young and cheap otherwise he will cost the earth.

How is Schweinsteigger going to replace Ballack? Bastian is a winger and Ballack is a central midfielder.

He's quality but Munich would never even consider selling him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:20 pm

I think we should move mountains to buy Scheweinsteiger on his name alone. And he is a right sided midfielder, so not a guy to step in for the mighty Ballack. Who wouldnt want a Schweinsteiger in their team? Heck he sounds fantastic, bring it on!   :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby DrTNT » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:20 pm

If cisse does go then a possible replacement that should fit in to Rafa's tactics is Udinese's Iaquinta. I have watched him a lot over the last year in Serie A and he has impressed me as he is a powerful striker both in the air and running at defenders but he is cup tied.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby The Manhattan Project » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:24 pm

I think Cisse is going to leave at the end of the year.

If Crouch and Morientes don't start scoring, we are going to seriously have to look at other options either in January or next year.

And the midfield and defence situations that Rafa was concerned about in the summer.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:36 pm

Ian Rush's Right foot wrote:The Cisse issue is particularly worrying/annoying me. Does he have a bad attitude in training or something?

:nod  his attitude to the press annoyed rafa IMO. i think what he said before the transfer window closed really ticked off benitez which made him not to trust him alot unless cisse can do something.

on regards for cisse leaving, i think he is staying but if he leaves i won't be dissapointed that much because we can get Kuiyt, which is a class player.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion