Cisse wants out - He'll leave if he stays on the bench

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:41 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:Sky Sports Article

Read this from yesterday, is he demanding a place or refusing to hang around?

I think not.

See I :censored:.ing knew it. Certain sections have chosen how they want to publish the words. Or maybe SCS just worded it like that??  ???
76-1115222408

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:52 am

As you know im a huge Rafa fan, however this is a problem of Rafa's own making.

You only have to go back to the supercup final and the few days before it and Rafa's after match comments when he won us the cup from certain defeat. Its fairly clear since that time that the relationship between those 2 had deteriated considerably.

Personally i saw enough in the little cameo of Crouch and Cisse to believe theyd be pretty close to unplayable in a 4-4-2 formation, however Cisse is not wanted by Rafa and that is clear to most people.

BTW if Cisse has actually said what has been quoted then his Liverpool career is as good as finished, Rafa wont give in to demands or ultamatiums. We all know what happened to Le Tallec.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:27 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Sky Sports Article

Read this from yesterday, is he demanding a place or refusing to hang around?

I think not.

See I :censored:.ing knew it. Certain sections have chosen how they want to publish the words. Or maybe SCS just worded it like that??  ???

Thats right it me all along!! Chump

I just copy and paste friend
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:40 pm

The Cisse issue is particularly worrying/annoying me. Does he have a bad attitude in training or something? If so, it's probably because he's not getting a game so really it's a vicious circle that needs to be broken. Getting 15 minutes at the end or playing from the start on the right wing is no use at all. Away to Kaunas earlier this season we scored a goal whereby Zenden crossed from the left, Crouch nodded down and Cisse fired home. I said to JB that it all makes sense now and this could become a typical Liverpool goal this season.... sadly not. For all Crouch's good work, someone still needs to put the ball in the net and Cisse is surely the obvious candidate

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:47 pm

i starting to think if rafa wants us to be successful using 4-5-1 he has to wait. I think the move to 4-5-1 has to be gradual. Start scoring and introduce some fluency to our game - then experiment with different formations.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:09 pm

i just cannot believe that Cisse is being left out as he is such an good player ten times the player Crouch is (no disrespect) but he is.

Cisse needs a run in the side as i don't think he has fully overcome the broken leg (mentally) and a decent run of games and a few goals will push those thoughts out of his mind and get him to score more goes for the club.

I still think we should by Bastian Schweinsteiger. he has been fantastic for the last two seasons and is going to replace Ballack in the Muchen and German teams. We should get him know while he is young and cheap otherwise he will cost the earth.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mramo » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:23 pm

I see this happening in January.

Out goes Cisse
In comes Sabrosa

Rafa can continue with 4-5-1 knowing Morientes & Crouch now officially compete for a starting lineup. Sabrosa would effectively replace Luis Garcia on the right.

Midfield is automatically strengthened with (left to right) Zenden, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Sabrosa

Up front is either Morientes or Crouch
mramo

Postby blind » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:27 pm

be that as it may Cisse pound for pound is a much better player than Crouch
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:57 pm

kazza wrote:
Chelsea forever. wrote:Its sad that a player of Cisse's quality is not given a chance. Its even more sad that after his fight back from injury he doesnt have a fair platform to prove himself, to regain his confidence and to do what he does best - play football.

I can understant Rafa' doesnt favour him, all managers have their choices and to some he might be useless while to others priceless. After Milan IMO he is the second striker at Lfc who can score goals, but it seems he is on the same path Milan was before he left - used as a Sub and kept in the dark.

Personally I feel he has shown great character in coming back from his broken leg and telling the press N number of times how he loves Liverpool, the fans and the club and how he is eager to show them why he was bought for 14M and to repay the faith and support they showed him during his injury.

I wont blame him at all if he leaves, infact I would expect Rafa to sell him if this continues. I wish him all the best at whichever club he goes, I hope he sticks around in the EPL or plays for a big club in La Liga ( I wouldnt like him to return to France).

Cheers

Did I wake up in a time warp?

smell pee forever, I thought you were going to Foxtrot Oscar? I myself had come to terms with your departure (do not take it personally, it is just your name)

Here to gloat are we?

wtf?  He's not gloating at all.
Red Red Tom

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:36 pm

Blind says it all! what have you been watching crouch is a totally different player to cisse, cisse has pace thats about it, crouch is more techinically better on the floor with ball at feet, he is quality in the air, and can score goals and will when he has a player to link up front with. As for cisse he knows he is not wanted by the manager and this is why he has come out with this statement now. Role on january. By the way blind get your self to "specsavers". Your blind as a bat.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:41 pm

I hope Cisse is given a chance and proves himself and stays!!

Silly boy though in my eyes!
Dont think he should have went public with his statement/interveiw as it could be interpreted as a threat to the club, play me or im off!!!
But i can understand his frustration and why he spoke out.
Cant see Raffa being to amused though :no
66-1120597113

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:42 pm

Red Red Tom wrote:Here to gloat are we?

wtf?  He's not gloating at all.[/quote]
Well I doubt he would be here had they lost 4-1. Just like when Moureen slaps you in the face smilingly and says good game after Chelsea wins (gloating has different faces).

I am sick of hearing what a Chelsea fan thinks of my team.

By the way, it was actually a question not a statement. I guess you know what is in his head since you are answering for him.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:00 pm

I can really see him gone by January, and Ive heard through the grapevine Rafa is going to put a bid in for Del Piero dont quote me just something Ive heard. I dont watch Italian footie maybe someone does here and would Del Piero fit into Rafa's system that he intending to play with our new wingers we are getting in January?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:09 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:I can really see him gone by January, and Ive heard through the grapevine Rafa is going to put a bid in for Del Piero dont quote me just something Ive heard. I dont watch Italian footie maybe someone does here and would Del Piero fit into Rafa's system that he intending to play with our new wingers we are getting in January?

I watch it on Bravo (and last year on Eurosport) and he has not been playing in the team much as of late but he would play well in behind the lone striker in Rafa's 4-5-1.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:56 pm

Playing Crouch up front on hiself in a 4-5-1 formation is crazy!!
To play a guy up front on hiself u need pace the one thing Crouch lacks.
Crouch is used for his size but against Chelsea every header he won no one was close enough. It got irratating as a fan. And not to bring Cisse (our best stiker imo) on till the last 15 min's was the stupidist thing ive ever seen in my life. Rafa has his fave's who he's scared to drop and its costing us point's. Then he say's he's sticking with this formation when its clearly not working. Rafa smell the coffee and grow some b***s play Cisse!!
*_Ruthless_*

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion