Cisse vs rafa - Personal issues?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby African-red » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:49 pm

I had a lot of thought before posting this e-mail. I am very upset for the points lost. It was really unnecessary to play for a draw and it was clear at the way the gaffer made his substitutions. Somethings are not right between the gaffer and Cisse and we all know it from the transfer season. I just don't want thier personal issues affect the whole team. This will be an alex-ferguson attitude. His is the one who likes personal issues with players. I know Garcia is good but by half time he had made enough mistakes to let someone replace him. In fact I really don't think he can play with Crouch because he cannot break he needs space to make his play. That is why I thought Cisse would have done better there. The changes were appaling. I love Rafa but today I was disappointed. Even Morientes who was good at his best but very slow now has an upper hand to Cisse. Garcia broke the mood of the team today so much effort from other players to get the ball but he just easily lost it. Then I felt Cisse should have come in. How in the world would I sell Cisse when I only have 2 all out an out strikers at my disposal? Was it the anticipation to the arrival of Owen? He can score but he has his dip of form. And how do you expect Cisse to perform when he's always a sub and even worse today only got 10 min of play. He surely needs better control skills but he has a good attitude. I still think he would have been able to break the Man U defence with Crouch supporting him and Pongolle. As much as I hate to see Cisse leave LFC it is almost certain he'll leave and I think he will be a better player wherever he goes. I think he would have been a good player for LFC in time. But Managers have preferences sometimes these edify them or they bring them down. We'll see the outcome
African-red

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:59 pm

I believe there are NO personal issues at all.

Rafa has always been known for rotating his teams, and big name players don't like it, i.e Aimar for example....

Just because we paid so much money for Cisse, it doesn't automatically make him a first team starter, though he probably feels that he should be.

Rafa isn't dumb, he trains with the players and can see who is best for the games, I can totally understand why he's not chosing Cisse.

Rafa is a proven champion, Cisse still ha s alot to prove, manager vs player? theres no contest.

Cheers.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:01 pm

Rotation rotation rotation rotation. Mourinho does it and so does Benitez. Cisse isn't going to start in every game and neither is any other striker in our squad. Mourinho rotates Crespo and Drogba every other game, and Benitez is going to do that for the most part with Crouch,Cisse and Morientes.

Cisse played in the last Premiership game [against Spurs] and he was ineffective. It all depends on the opposition and the tactics.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:07 pm

African-red wrote:I had a lot of thought before posting this e-mail. I am very upset for the points lost. It was really unnecessary to play for a draw and it was clear at the way the gaffer made his substitutions. Somethings are not right between the gaffer and Cisse and we all know it from the transfer season. I just don't want thier personal issues affect the whole team. This will be an alex-ferguson attitude. His is the one who likes personal issues with players. I know Garcia is good but by half time he had made enough mistakes to let someone replace him. In fact I really don't think he can play with Crouch because he cannot break he needs space to make his play. That is why I thought Cisse would have done better there. The changes were appaling. I love Rafa but today I was disappointed. Even Morientes who was good at his best but very slow now has an upper hand to Cisse. Garcia broke the mood of the team today so much effort from other players to get the ball but he just easily lost it. Then I felt Cisse should have come in. How in the world would I sell Cisse when I only have 2 all out an out strikers at my disposal? Was it the anticipation to the arrival of Owen? He can score but he has his dip of form. And how do you expect Cisse to perform when he's always a sub and even worse today only got 10 min of play. He surely needs better control skills but he has a good attitude. I still think he would have been able to break the Man U defence with Crouch supporting him and Pongolle. As much as I hate to see Cisse leave LFC it is almost certain he'll leave and I think he will be a better player wherever he goes. I think he would have been a good player for LFC in time. But Managers have preferences sometimes these edify them or they bring them down. We'll see the outcome

contrary to the other posts here....i think u hit the nail dude.

rafa just does not rate cisse.... (similar to baros). Cisse can score a hatrick against brimingham next week, but he will still play 2nd fiddle to moro once he returns from injury.

But in situations like this, rafa will have my support. (he does deliver as a manager).... As for Cisse, lets face the facts, he has not done himself any favours by giving a "prima donna" display just now (although i understand the reason why he is upset).

I would rather somewhat trust rafa ........ he seems to know what he is doing but is doing it in a wierd way in which i can't understand. But as long as the team seems to be improving, i can't really fault rafa.

Cisse will deffo leave in january.......... so guess we could forget about him.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:09 pm

I think Benitez has personal issues with Riise and Finnan. He benched them against Betis, there must be something wrong.[/sarcasm]

People think that whenever a player doesn't play if he isn't injured/suspended, then that there's a problem between the manager and player.

I don't think that there is a first choice striker. Crouch,Cisse, and Morientes are different options. Today Cisse wasn't that option. He was an option in the last Premiership game but was relatively poor.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:17 pm

Wrong wrong wrong. If you don;'t believe that Rafa and Cisse have bad blood between them then your deceiving yourselves. ???

Cisse is not and never will be Rafa's player. If and it's a big IF Michael Owen had been brought back (another player Rafa didn't want btw) then Cisse would be back in his native France now.

And for the record I believe Luis Garcia is Rafa's secret love child , how else do you explain a.) Why he keeps getting picked and b.) How he manages to stay on the pitch after an abject performance today. :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:20 pm

Next we play Birmingham and knowing that Dalglish the away jinx won't be there, we might win :D

It's vital that we win our first away fixture of the season. Birmingham haven't been exactly great at home so we need to take this opportunity to take three points from them.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:22 pm

I might go just to :censored: you off :D Now get back on subject young man ! :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:24 pm

Dalglish wrote:I might go just to :censored: you off :D Now get back on subject young man ! :p

You are willing to go after complaining about Birmingham's overpriced tickets?  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:24 pm

A.B. wrote:Next we play Birmingham and knowing that Dalglish the away jinx won't be there, we might win :D

It's vital that we win our first away fixture of the season. Birmingham haven't been exactly great at home so we need to take this opportunity to take three points from them.

in that case....i am predicting a 4-0 win  :p  (ie...gerrard (3) &
carra (1) )
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:29 pm

quote  Steve Bruce today.........

Heskey is better than Crouch........

with that i,m sure we will win next week :laugh:
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:35 pm

A.B. wrote:
Dalglish wrote:I might go just to :censored: you off :D Now get back on subject young man ! :p

You are willing to go after complaining about Birmingham's overpriced tickets?  :D

I'd rather go away and watch us lose than watch that drivel today at Anfield  ???

I think I may have inadvertantly found a cure for insomnia sat in my seat today such was the mundane and predictable football on offer.

It's difficult to know where to point the finger to be honest. Liverpool played 5 across the middle but United showed as much defensive intent by playing Keane as an extra centre back and Van De Saar as sweeper !!

You will probabbly gather I'm not a happy bunny at present and breaking my golden rule of not coming on here until at least 12 hours have passed after the game doesn;t help but there you go  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:54 pm

Mate you were the one that predicted a 0-0 draw. :D The irony
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:02 pm

I know ! I was commenting in my "blog" that i don;t know which was the most exciting moment . Stevie G's 50 yard chase back to tackle Fat Boy Rooney or the realisation that I had gained max points for predicting a  0-0 draw !!! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:09 pm

rafa has no obligation over Cisse.

he didn't buy but inherited him. if rafa chooses to rotate the fella or bring him on in the last 15 mins because the oppsition gets tired, he has to put up with it.
:laugh:
109-1093441336

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion