Cisse speculation to end. - New contract to be signed before 06!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Indian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:42 pm

Excellent point Scottbott.  I don't think i've ever seen Cisse bend his runs and the amount of times he runs offside is ridiculous.  With a bit more intelligence he could be a good player.
Red Indian

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:44 pm

Scottbot wrote:I remember Andy Cole was pretty much a one trick pony when the mancs bought him from Newcastle. There were goals in the lad but he couldn't offer much else to the team.

yeah but when andy cole went to the scum i don't think he scored for 21 games or something like that. however once he got off the mark he scored a hatful.

i'm not saying crouch will score a hatful but once he breaks his duck it'll be a huge weight off his shoulders.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Red Indian » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:50 pm

I agree St Mic, at the moment Crouch needs a goal and needs one fast.  Doesn't help when opposing fans are constantly barracking him though. We need to get behind him & suck the ball in.
Red Indian

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:06 pm

I dont know why everybody is knocking him. Milan Baros used to waste more chances than Cisse but i didnt see people ripping into him. Correct me if im wrong but in all competitions isnt Cisse our top scorer. Liek i always say you lot are impatient. For me he is a vital part of the team. He is always livley and willing to give it a go. You know when he comes on to the pitch he gonna have a go. In regerds to commenting on what sort of a footballer he is none of us have anything to say. Are anyof you professional coaches or former profession coaches or scouts for that matter....No i didnt think so, so what right do any of you to say he doenst have a footballing brain. If it wernt for Cisses goals this season we would not only be just floating above Everton but probabaly on the brink of European elimination aswell. So in short. can you lot shut your :censored: gobs for i second.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:30 pm

bavlondon wrote:Are anyof you professional coaches or former profession coaches or scouts for that matter....No i didnt think so, so what right do any of you to say he doenst have a footballing brain.

Sh.it your right Bev, none of us are professional footballers or managers. Maybe we should just wind this whole forum business down? i mean, what do we know?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:39 pm

Your here to sghow a view not to make comments that would indicate that your knowledge of the game is as fruitfull as a professional. I hear people on here that talk so much nonsence and once one person starts the rest of you lot all follow suit like a bunch or fricking ants in a line. Its pathetic.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:43 pm

bavlondon wrote:I dont know why everybody is knocking him. Milan Baros used to waste more chances than Cisse but i didnt see people ripping into him. Correct me if im wrong but in all competitions isnt Cisse our top scorer. Liek i always say you lot are impatient. For me he is a vital part of the team. He is always livley and willing to give it a go. You know when he comes on to the pitch he gonna have a go. In regerds to commenting on what sort of a footballer he is none of us have anything to say. Are anyof you professional coaches or former profession coaches or scouts for that matter....No i didnt think so, so what right do any of you to say he doenst have a footballing brain. If it wernt for Cisses goals this season we would not only be just floating above Everton but probabaly on the brink of European elimination aswell. So in short. can you lot shut your :censored: gobs for i second.

i really hope stu the red reads this post. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:56 pm

bavlondon wrote:Your here to sghow a view not to make comments that would indicate that your knowledge of the game is as fruitfull as a professional. I hear people on here that talk so much nonsence and once one person starts the rest of you lot all follow suit like a bunch or fricking ants in a line. Its pathetic.

That's what fans do pal. They always have. In many ways Footy forums aren't much different to the tabloids. If everyone on here talks so much nonsense then i have to ask you 'what the fu.ck are you doin here all the time?'

Now i'm not a professional footballer. Nothing more than Sunday league i'm afraid. I'm not a professional coach (i got my FA level 2) but any idiot can tell you that Cisse is far from the finished article. He was our worst player (for me) against West Ham last weekend. Absolutely enthuriating to watch. When 40,000 people were screaming shoot he passed the ball. When we all thought pass he'd shoot. I still believe the lad has potential but in my humble opinion (maybe you would prefer everyone to add this as a footnote after expressing a view?) he still has a way to go.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:09 pm

bavlondon wrote:I dont know why everybody is knocking him. Milan Baros used to waste more chances than Cisse but i didnt see people ripping into him. Correct me if im wrong but in all competitions isnt Cisse our top scorer. Liek i always say you lot are impatient. For me he is a vital part of the team. He is always livley and willing to give it a go. You know when he comes on to the pitch he gonna have a go. In regerds to commenting on what sort of a footballer he is none of us have anything to say. Are anyof you professional coaches or former profession coaches or scouts for that matter....No i didnt think so, so what right do any of you to say he doenst have a footballing brain. If it wernt for Cisses goals this season we would not only be just floating above Everton but probabaly on the brink of European elimination aswell. So in short. can you lot shut your :censored: gobs for i second.

Baros didn't get ripped into??  Stop talking bollox Bav, Baros took more stick than any other player on here last year.

Ok Baros wasted a lot of chances and we were probably right to let him go as he was letting his contract run down, but Cisse is no better than Baros in my opinion.  Both frustrating players. 

Baros had pace like Cisse, but had the ability to create chances for himself and did a lot more running for the team.  Cisse is a slightly better finisher and slightly quicker.  Baros was slightly better at linking up but both are greedy.  Both have a poor attitude to being dropped etc, but Baros showed a much better attitude on the pitch.  Overall there's not much between them as players, but the one thing that's more promising for Cisse is that he has had much less games in the premiership and isn't fully adapted yet, whereas Baros is probably as good as he's going to get in the premiership.

Cisse has to be in the team right now as he's our biggest goal threat on current form, but I've said it before I don't think he's good enough long term (although I'd be happy to be proved wrong).  And Bav, if you think Cisse has a good football brain then you've clearly never played the game at any sort of level, and it doesn't take a professional coach to tell you that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:02 am

stmichael wrote:

i really hope stu the red reads this post. :D

:laugh:

We'll leave it at that. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Effes » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:52 am

Scottbot wrote:Absolutely enthuriating

incredibly bad spelling
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:48 pm

Effes wrote:
Scottbot wrote:Absolutely enthuriating

incredibly bad spelling

Maybe you should post more often
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:49 pm

Or maybe not! :D
hawkmoon269