no but the goal was against portsmouth last season- brilliant
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iolsi » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:57 pm

i have a link for a streaming video but.... i'm looking fot the "complete" video, it's hard to find it
iolsi

Postby Zardoz » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:07 am

hmmmm Cissé is younger and faster, but Drogba is more powerfull and has proved he was able to play at more than 100% of his abilities on the big occasions.

my vote would go to Drogba. Still Cisse will score more goals in the PL imo.

Poor Drogba didn t seem so happy about coming to chelsea by the way, that might count too.

GL to the Scouses for this Premiership season  :;):
Zardoz

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:02 am

Zardoz wrote:Poor Drogba didn t seem so happy about coming to chelsea by the way,

I didn't see that , what's the story ?  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby iolsi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:25 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Zardoz wrote:Poor Drogba didn t seem so happy about coming to chelsea by the way,

drogba loves Marseille, he did'nt wanted to leave, fans waited 11 years to have a player like him, he's a messiah, it's diffucult for you to imagine the relashionship between didier and supporters, they're crazy. in june he said he wants to stay for 4-5 years but marseille had little money problemes (a 10M£ deficit) and they needed cash to bring lizarazu and good offensive midfielders, they were unable to refuse the 24M£ bid, he couldn' refuse to leave beceause chairman said "this money is important for us, we have a deficit and it's lots of money"
every french football fan loves drogba but we don't know if he will enjoy the english culture (way of live, mentality) for exemple he hates rough football, he's a good diver, wise is gone but i think he's gonna be very afraid of roy keane or gerrard
iolsi

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:13 pm

i dont think anyone is not afraid of keane.

i know drogba is from ivory coast but does he play for the french national side. i think henry and zidane are not from france either but they do...
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iolsi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:37 pm

stapo1000 wrote:i dont think anyone is not afraid of keane.

i know drogba is from ivory coast but does he play for the french national side. i think henry and zidane are not from france either but they do...

he left ivory coast when he was 5 but he plays that nation, they have an enormous team, with meité, aruna, akalé, kalou or yapi yapo and him
french law ar not the same as yours on that point, zidane is born in france (marseille) so he's french (his two parents are algerians), henry is born near paris but he has caribbean roots, vieira left senegal when he was very young, he chooses the french team, kanouté did the other decision, he plays for mali, cissé parents are ivoirian too but he never went
iolsi

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:57 pm

actually, im from ireland and its amazing how many players arent from ireland- holland, morrison, connoly, keily, mcateer, cascarino, mccarthy, houghton...the list goes on. the trend is changing now tho cos the standard of players is raising-we now have a starting 11 of irish born players- given, carr, o'shea, cunningham, finnan, reid, keane, miller, duff, keane, doherty... not bad
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:19 pm

iolsi wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

drogba loves Marseille, he did'nt wanted to leave, fans waited 11 years to have a player like him, he's a messiah, it's diffucult for you to imagine the relashionship between didier and supporters,

Sante iolsi,
I can imagine the situation,we have lost some of our heroes over the years but not because we needed the money, which in a way hurts more.
I hope Drogba has a terrible time at Chelsea and they send him back to Marseille on loan.
(understand ? )    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby iolsi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:41 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Sante iolsi,
I can imagine the situation,we have lost some of our heroes over the years but not because we needed the money, which in a way hurts more.
I hope Drogba has a terrible time at Chelsea and they send him back to Marseille on loan.
(understand ? )    :D

yes
mourinho seems to believe on him, kezman is maybe a little bit young, mutu is on a bad period so drogba has to take his chance, i hope one day he will return to marseille, he's at home
iolsi

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:44 pm

Ayala had Drogba in his back pocket in the Uefa cup final.
I think Drogba will quickly become disillusioned with the attention he will be afforded from no-nonsense defenders in the Premiership .

Drogba is a good player but i think he's reached his peak were as Cisse's potential is frightening  :D :grinning: :D
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:48 pm

Yeah i remember watching that final and Drogba was pretty ****** off because he didnt get any change off Ayala. I hope he receives that kind of hustle and bustle nearly every week.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby iolsi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:48 pm

drogba wad injured, against newcasle and your team he was good, at anfield he was everywhere
wait and see....
iolsi

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:50 pm

You could be right, but against us and Newcastle he looked well up for it. Almost a Shearer , determined, strong, hard to knock off the ball and knows where the goal is.
He could do well if his temprament holds up. Wish he wasn't with Chelski :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby iolsi » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:59 pm

wait and see, he's on a bad environnement in chelski but he's surprised everyone at each period of his career (he was unknown three years ago) so.... there's no doubt about cissé environnement and motivation
iolsi

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion