Cisse not worried

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:31 am

Its there for all to see when it comes to Cisse , out of five top qualities you'd you want a player to posses. Cisse only has two of them at most. Pace and power.

The other three main qualities he doesnt really have are skill (touch) , a good footballing brain and  workrate (for team). With Cisse these lack of qualities are so obvious as your average player would have these qualities evenly distributed across his game.

Rumours persist he will be off in January and this wouldnt suprise me in all honesty as I dont think he is Rafas sort of player.
Although the title of this thread says - Cisse isnt worried , I think that title could of easily been - Cisse should be worried.

But then again if it were me I would give him till the end of the season , because afterall strikers are rated on goals scored, at the moment on current form he's scoring goals.
Well , more than our other strikers are .
66-1112520797

Postby TheoRacle » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:11 am

A.B. wrote:I think Benitez is building a system in where we don't need a prolific striker. Once at Valencia, Baraja was the top goalscorer with 7 goals I believe. Mista did score 20 one season I think, but Rafa wants the goals to chip in from all over the place.

Just look at Chelsea. Their top goalscorer was Frank Lampard with 17 goals. He's the top goalscorer of the Premiership at the moment with 11 goals. It shows that a team doesn't need a prolific striker to play successfuly

11 goals in 14 games works out to nearly 30 over 38 games. That's prolific in my dictionary!!!  Of course I'm not saying he's going to go on and get thirty but by any definition 11 in 14 games is pretty good. Incidently Cisse (Liverpools top scorer) currently ranks equal 24th in the league this season on a whopping 3.
I'm with CGGY - we NEED and SHOULD have someone in the top 3 or 4 as belies our teams potential.  That means we're looking for someone who should have scored at least six by now given our fewer number of games played.

Its fair enough to say that Rafa's teams feature a number of players who will chip in with the odd goal or two but realistically, that MUST happen if you going to be at the pointy end of the table.  Look at Chelsea and Arsenal last year:
Henry goals - 25 , Arsenal goals  - 87
Lampard goals -13, Chelsea goals - 72

20-30% of your goals should come from the pivotal attack point with the secondary strikes from supporting players.

Without that focal point in front of goal working properly, we are creating a bottle neck that limits or goal scoring opportunities to set pieces, long range shots and edge of the box strikes through the crowd.

The sooner we get our current forwards firing and/or bring in additional fire power the better IMO.
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:09 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The 1978/79 season saw Bob Paisley celebrate 40 years at Liverpool with another Championship.  In that amazing season, the Reds conceded only 16 league goals and thrashed Spurs 7-0; their record league defeat.

I remember that game against spurs although I was young. Johnson (I think) scored an amazing goal. The ball was kicked by Clemence and it did not touch the ground (three passes)until it was in the Spurs net. I think it was 79/80 season though as it was my first year at boarding school.

That may well have been one of the best teams ever.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:18 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The writings on the wall for Djibril im afraid FFS Ill have to change me ID again :D

CGGY, it seems to be whoever you put in your id seems to go for bad luck (you were Owen's Gonna Get Ya weren't you) and well Cisse has hardly had the best of times.

Might I suggest AB's Gonna Get Ya (it's about killing two birds with one stone) I know he in not in the team but you would never know by talking to him. :;):
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:21 am

kazza wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The writings on the wall for Djibril im afraid FFS Ill have to change me ID again :D

CGGY, it seems to be whoever you put in your id seems to go for bad luck (you were Owen's Gonna Get Ya weren't you) and well Cisse has hardly had the best of times.

Might I suggest AB's Gonna Get Ya (it's about killing two birds with one stone) I know he in not in the team but you would never know by talking to him. :;):

:laugh: Awww A.B. alrite, plus Id miss his arguments with Stu if he left :nod
No my ID before was Unhappy red it was under Houlliers last days.
I better not pick a Rafa ID incase Real come knocking :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:28 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
kazza wrote:

:laugh: Awww A.B. alrite, plus Id miss his arguments with Stu if he left :nod
No my ID before was Unhappy red it was under Houlliers last days.
I better not pick a Rafa ID incase Real come knocking :;):

You are all about quality
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:53 am

kazza wrote:

:laugh:

can i suggest 'traore's gonna get ya' then?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:56 am

andy_g wrote:can i suggest 'traore's gonna get ya' then?

:D  How did you know I was going to type that  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:12 pm

Cisse should go.

He has no footballing brain. See him against Betis trying to volley from way out on the touchine - does he think?

he always goes for the flash.

his only asset is pace.

All those who raved about him before he arrived should hang your heads in shame and admit you know no more about football than GH :D
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:15 pm

Not having a proper striker (i.e. one who can score 20 PREMIERSHIP goals a season is really hurting us, we have a striker with skill but no pace, pace but no skill, and good touch but no finishing ability)

I can't understand why we didn't buy Owen. If you sold a ten pound note for one pound, and a year later the guy came back and offerred to sell it to you for two pounds would you say

A - no pi$$ off, that's twice as much as I sold it for

B - yes, I can't change the past and its a bargain.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:11 pm

Big Niall wrote:I can't understand why we didn't buy Owen. If you sold a ten pound note for one pound, and a year later the guy came back and offerred to sell it to you for two pounds would you say

It's probably more the case that having sold the ten pound note for one pound, they came back a year later and offered to sell it back to us for twenty. On this basis we were correct IMHO not to pay 17 million for Owen.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:17 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The players I see gone in January are Pongolle

I think it'd be a real shame if Sinama was sold, he is a really good young footballer, definitely the most talented out of the tow Le Havre lads GH signed (himself and Le Tallec).

He did very well when he got his chance last season, he even played well when stuck on the right wing.

For me, he's a betetr playe than Cisse, and will only get better. All Cisse has over him is pace and power (Pongolle is pretty quick anyway), other than that Sinama is superior in pretty much every aspect of the game, including his attitude. He's skillful, a good finisher, and has an excellent first touch, and I'm surprised Rafa has used him so sparingly this season.

It would be a real shame if we let such a good young talent go IMO. I'd like to see Rafa give him a run ahead of Cisse, if Rafa is going to sell Djib anyway.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:17 pm

I agree...  I think we should have paid the extra cash... but that is a whole different topic..   In my opinion if you need to fill a position and a world class player is available you spend the cash!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:20 pm

was listening to philip o clare on the radio the other day who is one of the most respected french football journalists around. he was convinced that cisse would be a marseille player come january.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:29 pm

Im not that concerned either way as long as if he does go then its abroad, if he stays he is an option and he is fast, but pace only causes so many problems, he lacks quality but whos to say he wont improve.

If he does go, how good is this Kuyt, is he worth the 12 mill he can go for? Ive only seen his goalscoring record which is impressive and a bit of him play but on the whole im a still a bit blind to his ability.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion