Cisse not worried

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:53 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
JBG wrote:
woof woof ! wrote::D  Kuyt like Fowler is not the quickest of players but over the first two feet he's like lightening
As for Cisse being subbed 6 mins into the second half ,I still don't understand a substitution at that stage of the game ,can someone explain ? did I miss something ? , was somebody injured ? surely the half time talk didn't include "btw Djib ,you play for another 6 mins and then we'll pull you off " ?
No wonder Cisse looked nonplussed .

It was actually only after 3 minutes. I suspect that Rafa wanted to make the change at half time but there was probably some silly problem with Kewell, like him having the wrong pair of boots on. It happens.

The worst thing of all is that you are probably right .  :laugh:   :laugh: 

At least he ain't Kevin Kilbane.

Anybody remember the game 2 or 3 years ago when Kilbane was playing for Sunderland where his shorts came off as he ran for a ball?  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:55 pm

:laugh: @ JBG.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:08 pm

What annoys you now though is our defence is looking solid as a rock, the midfield has the two most talented players in europe, Xabi and Gerrard, we are getting loads of crosses in the box if we had a natural goal scorer yesterdays result would have been 3-0, against Betis also 3-0.
You have to cast an envious eye on Arsenals attackers, Henry amazing he got his 100th goal for the gunners yesterday, Van Persie a young Bergkamp one of the new bright starletts that Wenger has the knack in finding.
We play our passing game fluently at home and I want us to destroy teams, and we should be but this is where the goal difference in the 3 points is costing us at the moment.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:11 pm

There's always something to nit-pick regardless of how we play eh? :p
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:12 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Cant agree with you on that one Stoney mate, kuijt has loads of pace Ive watched him alot for club and country he's a cracker, bags of talent he's scored 69 goals in 3 seasons.
Big problem though is Spurs want him and with Jol and Davids in the team they might just twist his arm plus they can outbid us :glare:

cggy I think is crazy to say that Kuyt has loads of pace. No he aint as slow as morientes but he isn't even as quick as horseface. Kuyt relies on his intelligence more than his pace.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:20 pm

Stoney, Kuyt's intelligence makes him a really good striker. His quick with his feet and he has good agility. he is very creative and has an amazing work rate. even though his pace isn't as high he still can make it into the premiership because he is a very illisturious striker!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:21 pm

A.B. wrote:There's always something to nit-pick regardless of how we play eh? :p

Its not nitpicking A.B. I only want the best for Liverpool and we have always had prolific goal scorers, but now we havent and every other position in the team is looking great, apart from the lack of goals from our strikers Morientes and Crouch.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:27 pm

how about fixing crouch's posture and vision a bit so he can find the net  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:28 pm

I honestly can't see anyone leaving in January part from if someone coughs up £8m+ for Cisse, if we do get rid of Cisse we really need someone with pace up front, I think someone proven in the prem would be a buy but it's finding the right player at the right price, I would like to see Kuyt at Anfield but then that pace comes into play but I suppose at the end of the day as long as we get a 20+ a season striker the pace isn't too much of an issue, we really have lacked a prolific goal scorer since you know who left and it would be nice to see someone fill his socks once and for all :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:30 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
A.B. wrote:There's always something to nit-pick regardless of how we play eh? :p

Its not nitpicking A.B. I only want the best for Liverpool and we have always had prolific goal scorers, but now we havent and every other position in the team is looking great, apart from the lack of goals from our strikers Morientes and Crouch.

I think Benitez is building a system in where we don't need a prolific striker. Once at Valencia, Baraja was the top goalscorer with 7 goals I believe. Mista did score 20 one season I think, but Rafa wants the goals to chip in from all over the place.

Just look at Chelsea. Their top goalscorer was Frank Lampard with 17 goals. He's the top goalscorer of the Premiership at the moment with 11 goals. It shows that a team doesn't need a prolific striker to play successfuly
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:32 pm

metalhead wrote:even though his pace isn't as high he still can make it into the premiership because he is a very illisturious striker!

If you had properly read my posts you would have seen that i said that Kuyt ws an intelligent player and all that, also don't be so sure that Kuyt can make it in the prem as he isn't even proven at the top level. What I'm saying is that I'd like Kuyt to come but not at the expense of our only striker who is getting the goals.
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:33 pm

i agree with you a.b all that matters is how well we do in the league and winning trophies
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:35 pm

stoney wrote:
metalhead wrote:even though his pace isn't as high he still can make it into the premiership because he is a very illisturious striker!

If you had properly read my posts you would have seen that i said that Kuyt ws an intelligent player and all that, also don't be so sure that Kuyt can make it in the prem as he isn't even proven at the top level. What I'm saying is that I'd like Kuyt to come but not at the expense of our only striker who is getting the goals.

i did read your post mate, but i was trying to say that his intelligence as you said would fit in the premiership

not proven at top level? he proved internationally for Holland that he is competitor
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:39 pm

Internationally it doesn't matter when it comes down to performing for the club. We had a prolific International goal scorer in Baros but he wasn't doing the business for us.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:05 pm

When I mean prolific goal scorers that we have always been famous for and I am sure we would all like to see the new Rush/Fowler/Owen at anfield.
Little bit of history.

Emile Heskey scored the Reds' 750th Premiership goal; it came against Blackburn Rovers on 4 April 2004.

The Reds 200th goal in the European Cup / Champions League came in the memorable 3-1 victory over Olympiacos in the final game of last season's Champion's League group stage.
Add more goals to this one :D

In 2003/04, Diouf 'the serial spitter' became the first No. 9 in LFC's history to go a whole season without scoring a goal. His scoring ratio of just 6 in 61 since joining the Reds was not much better than Marcus Babbel's 6 in 73 for Liverpool - and he was a defender!

Liverpool's 9-0 home win over Crystal Palace was the Club's biggest league win of the 20th century. Eight different players scored - a league record.

The 1978/79 season saw Bob Paisley celebrate 40 years at Liverpool with another Championship.  In that amazing season, the Reds conceded only 16 league goals and thrashed Spurs 7-0; their record league defeat.

In 1974/75, Liverpool beat Stromgodset 11-0 in the Cup Winners Cup; 9 of the 10 outfield players scored!

1. IAN RUSH -  record scorer with 335 LFC goals; 45 goals in 83/84 (32 in league). Picked-up a record 5 League Cup winners medals. Equal highest scorer in League Cup (49 goals), most post-war FA Cup goals (43) and equal highest scorer in FA Cup Finals (5).

2. ROBBIE FOWLER -  171 goals in just 330 appearances. Scored 5 goals in only his 4th game for the Reds. His stunning hat-trick in 4.5 minutes at home to Arsenal on 28 August 1994 is a Premiership record and has passed into folklore. On 1 March Fowler scored his 151st Premiership goal to overtake Les Ferdinand and become the third highest scorer of all time in the Premiership

4. JOHN BARNES - one of the most gifted players to wear a Liverpool shirt. Scored 108 goals in 409 games over 10 years.  The skillful winger netted an amazing 38 times in 1987/88 making him the obvious choice for PFA Player of the Year for 1988.

5. Michael Owen 1st team games: 297 
1st team goals: 158  International goals while with Liverpool: 26.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion