Cisse - Is it still too early?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spud » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:02 pm

It's too early to comment.  He needs time to adjust to a developing team under new managment.

Yes, I'm slightly concerned but maintain that more time is needed.

Jesus, Smicer has played (or turned up) for 160 games.  Let's be a bit more patient.
spud

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:50 pm

There is one thing that Cisse ****** needs and thats TIME. Do not forget that some of the best strikers in this league had a hard time in their first year in the Premiership.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:15 pm

I hope he does come good and that we get some return on our investment.
But if I were Rafa, I would be looking for an alternative PDQ, he only looks like a support player to me and he does not gell with Baros.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:33 pm

Cisse is going to have to improve significantly to justify a £14 million outlay. At present it looks like we have paid way over the odds. As some have mentioned already this is not unusual for our club. I really want this guy to prove me wrong but the initial signs are not promising. He admitted that his performances have not been good enough and last night his frustration boiled over. Its fingers crossed with him  :glare:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby adayinthelife » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:18 pm

If he works his bollox off every game instead of his half hearted displays so far then the fans wouldn't already be slagging him off. :cool:
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:29 am

"Give him time", "remember Reyes", remember the topic that's what I say. Is he worth what we paid for him? That really is the 14 million pound question and its a very simple one. See if you can spot the value, Cisse 14 mill, Alonso 10.5. Ermmm..... its not really that hard is it fellas?
Those of us who think we've overpaid though will continue to support him and hope that he improves and becomes worth the price tag. Just to repeat myself, he looks like a decent prospect to me. He didn't set the price either so it's not his fault. All that said, if he is worth 14 million quid in todays transfer market then I'm Dutch.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:33 am

maybe he aint worth 14 million  but thats what we paid for him and we arent going to get a refund
So im not sure what all this constant whining over his price tag really achieves
The new management looks to have bought themselves a better calculator then the old regime so for me its pretty much a null and void point
So Cisse might as well be judged on his performances rather then what previous manager paid for him and i still think its too early to be getting a definitive answer on him either way
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:58 am

im sure it'll come good
106-1093504160

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:26 am

Keep hopin' judge, he needs your support. he's not getting much from elsewhere.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redtribe » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:26 am

stmichael wrote:
Sean wrote:Cisse is beginning to look more and more like Diouf

Sigh

More and more numpties by the day. Cisse's the latest one who's 'not cutting the mustard' after 13 games.

Good thing Arsenal stuck with Henry after he failed to score any goals for 8 games, then didnt score his 2nd till November of that season.

Fecking knee-jerk reactions everywhere you go, lately. After Saturday we were class, now we're pants again.

How predictable. :angry:

Well said mate
Im sure that things are going to improve for him!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:34 am

any way back on topic and in answer to the original poser from the thread starter;

Yes it is far too early to judge and write the lad off
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:05 pm

Keep dreaming lad's.
As the Titanic slipped beneath the waves, the band played on !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:12 pm

people keep harping on a bout the price tag. i couldn't give a monkeys if he cost 14m or 14p at the end of the day, as long as he does the business. also, when people say that we were the only ones interested, that's rubbish aswell. barcelona and real madrid were also tracking him but cooled interest when cisse's manager at the time, guy roux, agreed a deal with houllier to sell him to us.

i admit that he has struggled so far (despite being ruled wrongly offside on several occassions). he looks like another player to me who is merely struggling to adapt to the pace and physical nature of the game over here. we're also not playing to his strengths. at auxerre he scored many of his goals when put in by a through-ball. i haven't seen one delivered to him yet.

he'll come good but we may not see the best of him till next season. but comparing him to the likes of heskey and diouf is just insulting.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:37 pm

I'll bet Rafa is concerned that the club wasted £14m of money that he could have used to better effect.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:45 pm

Redrider wrote:I'll bet Rafa is concerned that the club wasted £14m of money that he could have used to better effect.

Are you stupid enough to think that Rafa was not consulted ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion