Cisse.........is he another heskey? - He plays the same way as old emile.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:09 am

red marauder wrote:Was i watching a different game to everyone else ? Cisse had a few difficult chances and was v.unlucky on a couple of occasions,Nando's link play let him down, Momo was immense. Warnock was impressive.Not our best performance by any means in the first half,but the second was a huge improvement.Our strikeforce will come good        ,BELIEVE

Yes you were watching a different match  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maiffret » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:38 am

Dont' forget it. When Cisse and Drogba play in the same french league, Cisse was the best scorer (with 25 maches each).
If Mourinho play with Drogba, why Rafa don't play with Cisse ?

So Djibril have a lots of arguments to become THE STRIKER of Liverpool.

Sorry if my english is poor
maiffret

Postby JohnBull » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:18 am

I watched a lot of Cisse in the French league and although he came out as top scorer he was rarely the striker to score the goal in a 1-0 win. He would be the one to score a couple in a 4-0 or 3-0 win. Always played down the middle and often picked the goals up late in the game "on the break".
Would Benitez have signed him ? - I don't think so, although he did have him watched while at Valencia.
It looks like Raffa is going for a similar style as he used in Valencia with the main striker holding up the ball for fast breaking players to run on to. Hence the signing of Crouch and the potential of Mori (although I doubt that he'll live up to this promise).
The question now is whether Cisse can change his natural game or will Raffa change his game plan ?, while you're thinking about that, will MO fit in ? Baros didn't and he's gone.
I cannot see Raffa changing so we will end up with a team without an out and out goal scorer and the expectations that the midfielders/wingers will provide the fire power. The Boss won't need telling that the forward display last night was an absolute disgrace but there was little alternative with the players available and I'm sure that he still has plans to rectify this.
The year in Madrid has changed MO's style and I only hope he can prove this to Raffa and come back. Now if only Cisse could change a little !
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:13 pm

This doesn't sounds too good, especially the way he said "However I would not be surprised if the manager says I have to go. It is his choice, maybe they do not need me."

From Team Talk:

Cisse keen to stay at Anfield

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse wants to stay at the club until the end of his contract even though Michael Owen has expressed a wish to return to Anfield.

Owen has asked Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to help him try to return to Liverpool but has said if that is not possible he would go to Newcastle on a year's loan.

Under-pressure Cisse was hauled off during the Champions League third qualifying round second leg clash against CSKA Sofia, which Liverpool lost on the night but went through 3-2 on aggregate.

The pressure has clearly got to Cisse, who said: "Sometimes you are high, sometimes you are low. I have to live with it, it's part of a football career. But I do not have contact with other clubs. However I would not be surprised if the manager says I have to go. It is his choice, maybe they do not need me."

Cisse, who has just married a Liverpool girl and has bought a Cheshire mansion, made it clear he does not want to leave.

He added: "Liverpool is my club. I am here for four more seasons and I want to be here until the end of my contract. I feel good here and I do not want to go. It is my second season, I have had some difficult times, and not every time is good, but now I feel strong. If I have to go, I go, but I would like to stay. I want to show to the people I can do well for Liverpool."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:25 pm

Speculation linking Cisse with a return to France has grown in recent weeks and the striker's future will remain uncertain until the transfer deadline.

Cisse feels he's owed the opportunity to prove his worth after working so hard to recover from serious injury.

"I've been a little bit hurt by all the speculation," he revealed.

"I did my best to come back from injury so quickly, so when you hear stuff about possibly leaving, it's painful. But that's part of a footballer's career so I must be strong and deal with it.

"I don't feel I've been here long. It's just my second season. At Auxerre I also had difficult moments, but I'll live with this. You can't always have good times as a player.

"I'm not anxious about what's going to happen. I don't want to leave, but if I have to go, I'll go.

I'm under contract and I want to stay and show the people what I can do. It's up to the boss, but I don't think he wants me to go."

Marseilles have been strongly linked with Cisse, while Lyon are also believed to be monitoring his position.

He added: "I've not heard from Lyon or Marseilles, but this is the third season in a row Marseilles has been mentioned. They are the club near where I was born. It's not new to me.

"I asked the manager about the situation in the newspapers and he told me just to concentrate on my football and forget it."

Meanwhile, Benitez desperately searched for the positives last night.

The Reds boss admitted he was just relieved to be through, and pointed to last season's shock home defeat by AK Graz at the same third qualifying round stage as a possible good omen.

"Last season we lost like this but went on to win the trophy. Maybe we can do it again, why not?" he said.

"I want to look at the positives. I felt we created enough chances to have won, all that we lacked was luck."

This story has been reproduced from today's media and is not necessarily the position of Liverpool Football Club.  :hearts
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby NCRedFan7 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:21 pm

Gee, why would he not want to leave England?

1)  Manors aren't exactly cheap.
2)  He has title here (see #1).
3)  He married a Liverpool gal.

Not exactly the easiest thing to sell, a manor.  However, let it be said that in the Sunderland game, he moped a fair bit more than would be expected.  If you're upset, fine, be upset but channel it constructively.  If you think that a manager doesn't like you, then do your best to prove to him that you belong!  SCORE SOME GOALS!  Or, at the very least, give the appearance that you actually give a damn.

Truth be told, I'd like to see what Luis Garcia can do as a forward.  He works VERY hard for the ball and would give defenders a fair bit of trouble with marking him.  Also, he has TREMENDOUS pace.

Anyone agree?

-NCRedFan7

PS - Anyone thinking a 3-5-2 might be the answer?  We have a plethora of midfield options, I say we USE THEM.  Something like this:

------------------Reina--------------------
--Traore-------Hyppia----------Carragher---
-L. Garcia--Alonso---Gerrard---Zenden--Riise-
--------Cisse---------Morientes------------
NCRedFan7

Postby Luis Garcia » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:49 pm

Well what can I say after last nights performance!

I Refer to my original post- I hate being right all the time.

And Poor Baros, now gone forever!

But Cisse has no class whatsoever.

:angry:
Luis Garcia

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:08 pm

Cisse is a decent player but unfortunatly he is nowere near as reliable as we need. Not to mention Morientes.

BRING OWEN BACK NOW otherwise we are :censored:.

Out of 8 games morientes has two and cisse has two, with a whole load of easy chances missed. Not good enough at all. Both Nando and Cisse need to seriously book up there ideas.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:53 pm

Im pretty sure Heskey would have scored couple with his head in the Sunderland match. Cisse need to learn when to use his head and not stretching out his legs in front of goal, my blood was boiling when he missed 2 clear chances with this stupid stunt. :angry:
Houllier=LFC

Postby mistyred » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:14 pm

I give up :angry:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion