Cisse is are best striker

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby morientes_gerrard » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:23 pm

Djibril Cisse proved in the limited time he had on the pitch yesterday that he IS Liverpool FC best striker, he combines pace with power, vision with intelligence, and just a general willingness to pull on the famous red shirt.

Baros other than the header wasn't involved in the game at all. Cisse come on and had a shot after only 2 minutes of taking to the pitch, yes, it was wild, but it was only his 2nd touch. He was confident to take it on which is a good sign. He helped us on the counter, when he got fouled by Makelle he shown his pace was scaring them. He then gave Carvalho a 3-4 yard head start on him and tapped it past him and his pace was amazing considering the amount of time he has been out. His commitment is sheer class, he got tackled on the touchline, he thought it was a foul, it got awarded against him, he was up like a shot fighting the cause, he really wanted it. I know his work rate was criticised but since returning from injury it has improved. He was our most lively player against Palace, things ARE looking up.

I also believe that Ráfa prefers Djibs ahead of Milan.

OPINIONS!?!?!?!?!?!
morientes_gerrard

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:01 pm

Yep. That is definately the best iv seen him play since he came back from his injury. In recent games when he has come on Rafa has been playing him on the right wing. Playing up front yesterday he got straight into the action and was unlucky with his attempt even though I thought he should have crossed it. He also showed that he hasnt lost his brilliant pace while he was recovering. On the counter we looked strong with his pace and if he's up to it I would start him on tuesday and possibly against boro at the weekend.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:09 pm

we'll get the best out of him next season, and i believe that means he's better than baros
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:16 pm

must admit i thought he looked good when he came on, he closed their defenders down and seemed very pacey.
i`d start him against chelsea on tuesday if he has the same attitude as last night.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:24 pm

He did look good ,  im just wondering how long he will play for  in the second leg  and if he starts the game , maybe Raffa will start with 2 up front  now that Alonso is suspended for the game  ( gutted about that )
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:25 pm

Yes the only thing is...that Cisse misses the target with a lot of his shots too, just like baros.

that shot v chelsea, he should have crossed it, instead of trying to beat peter cheq from an impossible angle.

He still has a lot to prove, he aint another heskey
65-1114725958

Postby kopite » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:21 pm

The shot he took was close if you look at it from behind the goal angle it just curled away . He's first classs Favourite player at the club .
kopite

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:13 pm

I hardly think that 15 mins against chelsea proves cisse is our best striker.  He looked quick but his first touch is still dodgy and he loses possession a lot.  Cisse still has to prove himself as he did not exactly look brilliant before he got injured either for me.

I still think he and morientes will come good next season but baros is our best striker at this moment in time
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Baros & cisse are 2 different types of strikers.

Baros
1)creates his own chances...
2)takes on defenders.
3)Gets a lot of freekicks & penalities (if the refs had eyes).
4)Best suited for the lone striker role

Cisse
1)Power, Pace & Direct
2)Powerful shot.
3)Scores a lot of goals if he gets service.

They are different. At the moment, baros is our best striker...lets support him until we win the champions league will ya....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:32 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Yep. That is definately the best iv seen him play since he came back from his injury. In recent games when he has come on Rafa has been playing him on the right wing. Playing up front yesterday he got straight into the action and was unlucky with his attempt even though I thought he should have crossed it. He also showed that he hasnt lost his brilliant pace while he was recovering. On the counter we looked strong with his pace and if he's up to it I would start him on tuesday and possibly against boro at the weekend.

i agree. hes not a right winger
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:34 pm

morientes_gerrard wrote:Djibril Cisse proved in the limited time he had on the pitch yesterday that he IS Liverpool FC best striker, he combines pace with power, vision with intelligence, and just a general willingness to pull on the famous red shirt.

Baros other than the header wasn't involved in the game at all. Cisse come on and had a shot after only 2 minutes of taking to the pitch, yes, it was wild, but it was only his 2nd touch. He was confident to take it on which is a good sign. He helped us on the counter, when he got fouled by Makelle he shown his pace was scaring them. He then gave Carvalho a 3-4 yard head start on him and tapped it past him and his pace was amazing considering the amount of time he has been out. His commitment is sheer class, he got tackled on the touchline, he thought it was a foul, it got awarded against him, he was up like a shot fighting the cause, he really wanted it. I know his work rate was criticised but since returning from injury it has improved. He was our most lively player against Palace, things ARE looking up.

OPINIONS!?!?!?!?!?!

My opinion is that your English is awful.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby morientes_gerrard » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:46 pm

Leon your a TW*T face and you never say anything positive, what is wrong with it anyway?
morientes_gerrard

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:49 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
morientes_gerrard wrote:Djibril Cisse proved in the limited time he had on the pitch yesterday that he IS Liverpool FC best striker, he combines pace with power, vision with intelligence, and just a general willingness to pull on the famous red shirt.

OPINIONS!?!?!?!?!?!

My opinion is that your English is awful.

my opinion is that you are 70 yr old cross-dressing b1tch.
Last edited by The_Rock on Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby morientes_gerrard » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:03 pm

Me or leon?

Leon is a D**K
morientes_gerrard

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:06 pm

morientes_gerrard wrote:Me or leon?

Leon is a D**K

of course i am refering to that b1tch leon....

he is not only a d*ck... 'chick/b1tch with a d*ck'... That has to be the only explanation for his PMS ridden postings  :D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion