Cisse has to stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:50 am

"It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neilE » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:52 am

neil wrote:"It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

evil  :laugh:
neilE

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:54 am

neil wrote:"It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Don;t be hard on yourself  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:54 am

Yer Cisse must feel like cr@p now then, I imagine.
Last edited by Ciggy on Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:58 am

I was sarcastically referring to myself, otherwise I would've quoted your post first.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:01 am

This is getting really annoying. don't sell cisse!!!!

owen is not going to f@ck the club twice

who's best?

pace: cisse
strenght: cisse
shot: cisse
heading: cisse
determination: definately cisse

owen has one thing. one thing only. why? because he saves strenght and never take part in the build up or link with other players. that's why he will always be inside the box when the ball gets there. he scores goals, but he don't do no more. that is why he is 6th choice in madrid and why he shouldn't be signed by us.

we are killing the club if we sign a mercenary like owen and sacrifice a truly determined red like cisse
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:04 am

banana wrote:This is getting really annoying. don't sell cisse!!!!

owen is not going to f@ck the club twice

who's best?

owen has one thing. one thing only. why? because he saves strenght and never take part in the build up or link with other players. that's why he will always be inside the box when the ball gets there. he scores goals, but he don't do no more. that is why he is 6th choice in madrid and why he shouldn't be signed by us.

we are killing the club if we sign a mercenary like owen and sacrifice a truly determined red like cisse

What a surprise  Banana favours ANYONE over Owen !!!!  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:16 am

banana wrote:who's best?

he scores goals, but he don't do no more.

and what is a strikers job exactly? ??? so you're basically saying you'd rather have someone who works harder but never scores?

you also say cisse is a better header. when have you ever seen cisse head a ball because i must have missed it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby neilE » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:22 am

why do we have to choose one of them? We've still got 60 games to play this season. 30 starts for each, plus a few off the bench would keep them both busy. Can either of them produce the goods twice a week for the next 9 months?            ................No - we need them both!
neilE

Postby barnesrush » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:28 am

zenden- average player but great signing as he can do a job as cover for at least 3 positions- surely all he was brought for as rafa loves kewell, gonzales was also going to be coming so bolo surely wasnt supposed to be first choice left winger. hopefully rafa is just giving him a run there to have a good look at him before putting riise back (or one of the other two)

moro- has showed nice touches, potentially a good partner for cisse or owen but he really cant be judged until hes playing alongside 2 quality wingers consistently as this is the only way we will see the best of him (in build up and finishing).

and now to the original topic :D

cisse- never truely convinced me but is potentially awesome. deserves the chance to prove himself but maybe rafa has seen enough in training to believe he wont fit into his system. would be devastated if he doesnt get the chance to prove himself tho as he is class in terms of attitude, although a refusal to play right wing woul not go down well with rafa. the only way we would be justified in selling the lad would be if we got something like the 14 mil we paid and this was earmarked for a deal for a cb or winger with the class of a joaquin type level.

im sure we can fit crouch, nando, cisse and owen in our squad, with the 2 english guys used more in prem. the 4-2-3-1 is a fine system but it really doea rely on quality wingers, and until we have these, we should surely use 2 upfront more often. if we cant fit 4 in the squad we simply sell the one who hasnt proven their class by january. most likely nando at this moment in time.

if we get rid of cisse and get in owen, solano and distin (the last two just examples) i will be more than mildly displeased, and it may show some serious problems with the clubs finances. owen will cost an initial couple of mill with what real owe us ffs!!!

roll on september............
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby barnesrush » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:38 am

poll on koptalk after about 300 votes shows 96% in favour of keeping cisse. it would seem a very unpopular decision. im sure selling mendieta was aswell tho
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:44 am

Interesting reaction. Not long ago people were saying no matter what "In Rafa We Trust", now he's a fool. A certain individual has called him a "fat b@stard" and another has said that Rafa should f#ck off or something along those lines.

Cisse has shown great mental character by recovering quickly from his injury however on the pitch he has not shown that he's worth 14 million pounds we paid for him. People laugh at Chelsea because they paid 24 million pounds for Drogba and he hasn't justified that price, well neither has Cisse. Cisse has a great mentality but he's not shown that he's a striker worth 14 million pounds.

Who says that we are going to sell him? Most importantly who is going to buy him? Marseille are interested but even they have stated that they have no money to buy Cisse. Secondly if Benitez is inteding to sell Cisse like many on here insist, why wasn't Cisse benched during the Champions League qualifiers alongside Baros? No bid has been made for Cisse and people are reacting as if we already sold him.

It was mentioned in the original post that Benitez won't sell Morientes because Morientes is his "mate". Pellegrino was his "mate" and where is Pellegrino now at the moment? Newsflash, Cisse has made more appearances thus far than Morientes.

We will not see the best of Morientes if we don't make good crosses. Morientes was the reason Monaco played so well but Monaco had a good winger by the name of Giuly who knew how to cross a ball.

Now on to supposedly Riise being worried about his future. Why should Riise be worried? Benitez praised him to no end last season and encouraged Riise to get into the box more and to take more shots on goal. Riise even encouraged the signing of Zenden because he insisted that competition is good for the team. No place can be taken for granted. Riise isn't losing confidence because Zenden is played, he's losing confidence because he's playing poorely. Both played today, and both of them were poor.

Josemi wasn't chosen over Finnan, both played today. Finnan played on the wing because he's played ok there in the past, and he provides more on the wing than Garcia,Potter and Cisse. But it was one game, and because we do not have a right winger at the moment thus we're looking for one. Josemi played in the past two games like he did at the begining of last season during the time when many praised him. Finnan has been the main choice for the RB position so I do not understand what today's game has to do with Benitez supposedly always playing Josemi over Finnan ???

In conclusion this seems to be a knee-jerk reaction more than anything else.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:48 am

.. nice one AB.. you'd think we has just lost everything in this world.. :(

Respect the Boss .. Rafael Benitez.. the speacial one.. European and Super Cup champion
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:49 am

zarababe wrote:.. nice one AB.. you'd think we has just lost everything in this world.. :(

Respect the Boss .. Rafael Benitez.. the speacial one.. European and Super Cup champion

Creep  :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:50 am

Erm No Al, Carra is a world class defender for Liverpool he is NOT a world class defender for England hence the 4 goals when John Terry went off, hence the 3 goals in the CL final, as much as WE love him he is no Maldini and he will tell you that straight up and he never will be.
Neither is Sammi and boy them legs are tiring him out.
We need a pacey CH A.S.A.P

Who gives a f#ck how one performs for their country? You're stating that Carragher isn't class because he isn't class for England. Ok let's use that theory. Gerrard isn't world class then according to your theory. Because in reality he is quite poor for England, thus that must mean that he's not world class.

Henry hasn't been on fire for France as he is for Arsenal in recent years, he isn't world class then.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion