Cisse has to stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso14 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:28 am

Morientes would probably be deadly in the arsenal team, playin in a similaar position as bergkamp
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:28 am

Dalglish wrote:Opinions are cheap

Well my friend, thats all me & you have and mine differs from yours. No one wants to see us do well more than me, but I just feel Owen has his own agenda, which is'nt in our best interest.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:29 am

neil wrote:

Well my friend, thats all me & you have and mine differs from yours. No one wants to see us do well more than me, but I just feel Owen has his own agenda, which is'nt in our best interest.

correct
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:29 am

Bottom line - 4-4-1 isn't going to work unless we have two top class wide players.

Zenden's not beating people on the left to get crosses in, and I don't actually know who our current first choice right winger is. Any one of Garcia, Finnan, Cisse, Pongolle or Potter really, none of which are up to the job as a permanent solution.

I know he likes that formation, and I can totally see his thinking in bringing in Morientes and Crouch to facilitate it, but we're so narrow in the opposition's half at times that we will get absolutely crucified this season if we stick with it.

Agree totally. Rafa wasted 7m on Crouch, when he could've put it towards CB or RM.
bring_back_biscan

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:29 am

Woollyback wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The problem is Rafa wants to get this system working with 4-4-1 but I am afraid we dont have the right players to play like this.
We have no world class defenders, we have 2 world class midfielders and we have an ex world class striker.
He has to change his system we could not score against Bor for all our chances, nor could we score against Sunderland, we have an awful busy sqeduel in september.
Just keep Cisse and bring Owen back ffs, Cisse was going to be bought anyway when MO was here.
The deadwoods wage has almost gone apart from Diao.
Euro Champs and we havent bought one world class player.
Give me a break.
If we want to compete then Owen and Cisse upfront are not expensive TBH. They would cost as much as Drogba.
Morientes can go.

cigs you must be p!ssed, no world class defenders?  ???  I think you've made a glaringly obvious omission there

Erm No Al, Carra is a world class defender for Liverpool he is NOT a world class defender for England hence the 4 goals when John Terry went off, hence the 3 goals in the CL final, as much as WE love him he is no Maldini and he will tell you that straight up and he never will be.
Neither is Sammi and boy them legs are tiring him out.
We need a pacey CH A.S.A.P
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:31 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Woollyback wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The problem is Rafa wants to get this system working with 4-4-1 but I am afraid we dont have the right players to play like this.
We have no world class defenders, we have 2 world class midfielders and we have an ex world class striker.
He has to change his system we could not score against Bor for all our chances, nor could we score against Sunderland, we have an awful busy sqeduel in september.
Just keep Cisse and bring Owen back ffs, Cisse was going to be bought anyway when MO was here.
Give me a break.
If we want to compete then Owen and Cisse upfront are not expensive TBH. They would cost as much as Drogba.
Morientes can go.

cigs you must be p!ssed, no world class defenders?  ???  I think you've made a glaringly obvious omission there

Erm No Al, Carra is a world class defender for Liverpool he is NOT a world class defender for England hence the 4 goals when John Terry went off, hence the 3 goals in the CL final, as much as WE love him he is no Maldini and he will tell you that straight up and he never will be.

couldn't give a monkeys about england tbh :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:31 am

To be fair to Morientes, some of his link up play around the area in the first half tonight was pretty good. Some good touches which opened things up for Garcia in particular.

Our lack of quality crossing from the wings is making him look pretty ordinary though. He's fantastic in the air, but we just aren't finding him. And at times he's not exactly busting a lung to get on the end of it at either.
ivor_the_injun

Postby neilE » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:32 am

zarababe wrote:.. umm rumour that Cisse is leaving, all to do with them basket in France trying to unsettle the situation following the constant speculation over .. MO.. Cisse ain't goin no where .. clam down be happy we just won a cup.. :(

yeah but what about the "no eye contact" goal celebrations, and the emotional , "looks like I may have to leave" from Cisse in the interview after. Hope you're right, but I think you're wrong!
neilE

Postby bring_back_biscan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:34 am

Also 4411 needs pace, we've got zero pace when we try to counter on the right, and zero support from mid wen gerrard not playing. Our squad is just too slow.
bring_back_biscan

Postby Ciggy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:36 am

Woollyback wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
Woollyback wrote:
Give me a break.
Morientes can go.

couldn't give a monkeys about england tbh :D

Yes I know that, but Carra was well found out for England, thats why John Terry won that award yesterday.
As much as we love our Jamie and we know he is the best for us, he isnt and thats why we let so many goals in last season.
But hey we are getting there :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:44 am

neil wrote:

If you going to "Quote" me I'd prefer if you quote the WHOLE post please  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gas » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:46 am

What's with Rafa's persistence with Morientes?  Anyone can see he's not shown any indication he can still do the business at the highest level. As for keeping him and letting Cisse go its madness.  And Cisse's got more potential than Owen and offers more tactically.  If it's a choice between Cisse and Owen I'd keep Cisse and leave Owen in Madrid. Don't forget how ineffective Owen was in 03/04. Cisse is the future, Morientes and Owen the past.
gas

Postby neil » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:47 am

Dalglish wrote:
neil wrote:

If you going to "Quote" me I'd prefer if you quote the WHOLE post please  :Oo:

I only wanted to take issue with the "opinions are cheap" part but....whatever, we'll waste time, energy and text next time.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:48 am

And on the subject of "agenda" which player APART from Jamie Carragher doesn;t have his own agenda ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:50 am

neilE wrote:
zarababe wrote:.. umm rumour that Cisse is leaving, all to do with them basket in France trying to unsettle the situation following the constant speculation over .. MO.. Cisse ain't goin no where .. clam down be happy we just won a cup.. :(

yeah but what about the "no eye contact" goal celebrations, and the emotional , "looks like I may have to leave" from Cisse in the interview after. Hope you're right, but I think you're wrong!

.. well so much speculation whose right whose wrong.. the boss hardly ever shows emotion.. lets see what happens..  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion