Cisse has to stay

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:20 am

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
Chelsea forever. wrote:Fernando was a top player many years ago for Madrid. He played alongside Raul. At Monaco he peaked, he was arguably the most expensive player in the club which didnt have so many star players. He and Guily along with Rotthen were the heart of the team. Its easy to play well when you have 2 or 3 players who are known as the best in the team.

At Liverpool he isnt the star of the team, people will talk about Gerrard, Carra, Alonso, Hamman, Hyypia, Sisoko, Garcia and then about Fernando.

He doesnt have the pace for the English game, he doesnt have the muscle for the English defenders ... he doesnt have confidence at the moment - none at all. Once he scores a few he will be in good sync -- but im far from convinced that he will score 15+ goals.

You see this is why I always like reading your posts Chelsea forever, you are usually fair and make good points.

mmmmm, Morientes just seems to be suffering from depression or something similar, he looks so uncomfortable, he misses headers he would usually score with his eyes closed, clearly something is BADLY wrong with him, and the matter is not helped when he gets such poor service.

His mental state is affecting his game so badly, it's extremely sad to see such a great footballer become what he is at this moment in time.

Thing is, it's not just Morientes that's not playing well, I think most of the team is not playing all that hot right now and most of the focus is on el Moro because he is being picked as the main striker and not scoring.

When Morientes is ok, he plays best in a team that is compact and plays one touch football, with good crossers.

I diasgree with you regarding Morientes physical power, he is in fact a VERY strong and muscular player....having said that perhaps you are right when it comes to the speed of the premiership not suiting el Moro.

Deep down somwhere he's still gotta be that awesome player, that just doesn't disappear 12 months.

Even if Morientes was fully fit mentally, I am certain that he would encounter the same problems as Crespo in Chelsea.

Cheers :)

Apparently Nando  can get used  to  coffee machines in  garages  that charge a quid  a cup??
After  that he'll be  fine and score loads o goals for us for  sure as Raffa wud say!!
No Viva Coffee machines, Je n sais Pa !!
No milk and sugar ????
Non Comprehende ffs!! I want vodka said Sylvian Distin as he signed for a great team!!
Raffa said no! u will drink portugese wine at the bridge,believe me it tastes sooooo much better and this taste  u willl become in ur mind!!
And that taste will bring us great things said Raffa!  Some looked in awe as a great man spoke and wondered what exactly he meant?
And they were told! Cause Carra stood up and  shouted at the   top of his voice what exactly it means to play for the Pool and when he spoke they listened !
He told them about the Shankly days,when players played for the badge and had little pay!! He showed them all his arm,an Everton badge  and spoke of how sore it was and  how easy it was  to get removed  and they listened harder!!
Because now  they felt like the Everton badge on carras arm?
And it can  be removed,this our great manager has shown by keping every single member of our great squad on his/her toes(For Harry)
Hence they try harder and we progress!!  And  will continue to do so until Raffa says oherwise!
God save our king!! :bowdown
66-1120597113

Postby RedorDead » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:07 am

I havn't read every post on this thread so apologies if I repeat anyone elese's points but I feel I have to say something on this topic. I want to make it perfectly clear that I REALLY REALLY do not want to see Djibril Cisse leave Liverpool. Tonight for me showed exactly what he is about. He is very very quick and has an excellent attitude. With games, experience, coaching and confidence will come improved skill and ability too. I am not saying he lacks the ability but he is not a naturally gifted player like Henry for example.
What he does for us right now is try and try and at the end of the day if you get as many chances per game as he gets then you are going to score. His attitude and enthusiasm is unparalelled at this club, his fight back from injury last season was inspirational and this leads me to my next point. He inspires the team, not in the same "scruff of the neck" way that Gerrard does but did you see the after game celebrations last night? The players love him, it is clear and that team bonding and camaradery is something a lot of teams lack. Man Utd have been lacking it of late although they had it plenty in their successful years and while I hate Sh1tski Mourine has instilled that atmosphere in his team.
I am rambling now but point is simple. Keep Cisse. He is good for the team on the pitch and good for the team off it....and as someone mentioned, why on earth can we not have him and Owen and Nando and Crouch? We are the European Cup holders and want to win the Prem, a strike force of that size and quality is what is required as a minimum, it is not even a luxury in my book. We need to keep Cisse.....have I said that enough?
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:19 am

This thread is amazing!

We just won the European Super Cup, and all I have read (8 pages well to be honest I only read the first four) is negative bullsh1t about the manager,why? Because of rumour. We think Cisse might get sold for Owen to return, therefore Raffa is a "fat b@stard".WOW!

Lets break it down technically. There is a team (Moscow) who played very deep (10 behind the ball), and there is a player (Cisse) who loves space. Keep said player on the bench for 80 minutes, add rumour and speculation about said players future and more times than not the results will be the same (it is not rocket science).

CGGY Moro and Cisse are completely different players. I know you are a woman, and women are entitled to change their minds but geez!

I was so happy with Cisse's performance, but it does not change anything. He got very lucky yesterday and I wonder what all would be saying had the first ball not hit his arm and bounced favourably, or had the keeper held on on the second goal. You would all be saying sell Cisse bring in Owen.

Frankly there are people on this site that would not know football if it popped out of their a$$ (by the way, its the round thing).

:wwww

Bring on the wrath
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheRedass » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:25 am

cisse stays !! forever :P
TheRedass

Postby RedorDead » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:42 am

Frankly there are people on this site that would not know football if it popped out of their a$$ (by the way, its the round thing).

While I agree that there are some people whom this applies too I also find that there are some very intelligent well informed individuals on this site and it is from these persons that a lot of the posts on this thread have come so to criticise a thread without having read it in full is a little ill considered.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:07 am

There's nothing wrong with fans that have paid there hard earned money to go and see the team they love singing there's is only one micheal owen.  He was a great player for us and they are just reflecting the popular sentiment of wanting him back at the club.

If Cisse leaves then, then the pace that will trouble a lot of premiership and top european teams will leave as well.  I persoanlly think that Morientes is not good enough.  He has no pace and seems hell bent on taking one touch too much or trying to play too many intricate passes.  I dont blame Rafa on buying him as at the time I dont think there was many in disagreement especially after his spell in Monaco, however its not working and we should cut our losses.
Jari's mullet

Postby mistyred » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:16 am

A.B  why anti cisse for Owen mate ???
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ACOUTONPENS » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:20 am

CISSE!!!!!!!
he has to stay rafa obviousely has a problem with cisse,(for whateva reason)
he appears to have fitted nicely in the squad something that mori has yet to do,
pongy i dont rate and crouch is too big,
yes bring back owen and play him with cisse what a force to reckon with hey,

:D
ACOUTONPENS

Postby red or dead » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:20 am

got to keep the lad cisse 100%
red or dead

Postby 8 gerrard » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:22 am

i think that morientes should go because what has he done to deserve to stay,  cisse was the one that won us the game last night he scored 2 of the three goals and set up the other for garcia so i think morientes should go possibly for owen instea of cisse :bowdown
8 gerrard

Postby stmichael » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:34 am

chelsea forever, just admit it. you're really a liverpool fan.

why else would you be on here talking about liverpool at five in the morning? :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:44 am

Ideally we could bring in Owen without having to sell another player but if anyone has to go it should be Morientes not Cisse . Morientes despite has class and reputation ,has been a major disappointment in virtually every performance whilst wearing a Liverpool shirt.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:51 am

moro's goal per game are now (CMIIW) 5/23 (0.20%)
it's unlikely a typical profile of a proven goal scorer
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby YoungAdam » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:15 pm

I cant believe theyre even talking about selling a player as class as Cisse after one season which he missed msot of with injury! If they need room for Owen just chuck out a few deadwood players and reserves. We have the largest squad in the prem FFS.
YoungAdam

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:34 pm

RedorDead wrote:I havn't read every post on this thread so apologies if I repeat anyone elese's points but I feel I have to say something on this topic. I want to make it perfectly clear that I REALLY REALLY do not want to see Djibril Cisse leave Liverpool. Tonight for me showed exactly what he is about. He is very very quick and has an excellent attitude. With games, experience, coaching and confidence will come improved skill and ability too. I am not saying he lacks the ability but he is not a naturally gifted player like Henry for example.
What he does for us right now is try and try and at the end of the day if you get as many chances per game as he gets then you are going to score. His attitude and enthusiasm is unparalelled at this club, his fight back from injury last season was inspirational and this leads me to my next point. He inspires the team, not in the same "scruff of the neck" way that Gerrard does but did you see the after game celebrations last night? The players love him, it is clear and that team bonding and camaradery is something a lot of teams lack. Man Utd have been lacking it of late although they had it plenty in their successful years and while I hate Sh1tski Mourine has instilled that atmosphere in his team.
I am rambling now but point is simple. Keep Cisse. He is good for the team on the pitch and good for the team off it....and as someone mentioned, why on earth can we not have him and Owen and Nando and Crouch? We are the European Cup holders and want to win the Prem, a strike force of that size and quality is what is required as a minimum, it is not even a luxury in my book. We need to keep Cisse.....have I said that enough?

Well I'll agree with you here. For a team with our aspiration, size and involve in so many competition per season, we should be able to get Owen and retain Cisse. Many though we had enough cover in the centre yet Rafa bought Momo, and look at the energy he can bring to our game now and give us a different angle we might not get with Stevie/Xabi/Didi.

Oh BTW that Calvalho guy is really something huh? Gave some of our defender some real anxious time all night...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion