Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:20 am

For sure.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 109-1093441336 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:24 am

Did anyone notice when Senor Benitez got his medal and stood wth the team Cisse came out of the pack and starting doing a pray hand gesture to him whilst dancing.

It looked to me like he was asking for mercy

Afterwards Senor Benitez, said in the post-interview - "Cisse scored that shows him better for someone to buy him"

I hope you Owenites are happy!!! :angry:

Fot totally ruining Cisse Liverpool career for you whiny people wanting "little mickey come home"

Viva Don Benitez, Viva Espanya.
109-1093441336

Postby agoodmentality » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:37 am

was i the only one to see Zenden mouth the words "Micheal's :censored: man" to cisse as he celabrated his first goal?/?
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:54 am

Dalglish wrote:Economics my friends pure and simple ???

In the present money mad climate that is the Premier League its a sad reality that Cisse will generate a higher transfer value than Morientes.

I don't agree with it, I don;t like it but if we want Michael Owen back in a Liverpool shirt it's a choice we are going to have to make , it would appear that the board at LFC and Rafa Benitez have made that choice ???

so what u are saying is we would have to sell both baros & cisse to get back owen ?

2 players who were instrumental in our champs league win against a player who left us to win the champ league for another team ?

i want owen back because baros left. if baros had stayed...i would give a sh1t about owen. But if cisse goes, that's the end of this season......and rafa would have made a huge blunder.....

Juz because he won us the champ league does not mean he won't get the sack... More performance like this in the league, and the fans will turn on him too.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:59 am

A.B. wrote:Interesting reaction. Not long ago people were saying no matter what "In Rafa We Trust", now he's a fool. A certain individual has called him a "fat b@stard" and another has said that Rafa should f#ck off or something along those lines.

Yeah, you know what, that kind of statement is absolutely disgusting.

Hope those so-called Liverpool fans go to hell, stupid, moronic, uneducated idiots.  :angry:  :angry:
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:05 am

so what u are saying is we would have to sell both baros & cisse to get back owen ?

2 players who were instrumental in our champs league win against a player who left us to win the champ league for another team ?

Please explain to me how Cisse was "instrumental" in our Champions League success. Apart from taking one good penalty, what did Cisse do that helped us achieve what we did?

i want owen back because baros left. if baros had stayed...i would give a sh1t about owen. But if cisse goes, that's the end of this season......and rafa would have made a huge blunder.....

Juz because he won us the champ league does not mean he won't get the sack... More performance like this in the league, and the fans will turn on him too.

Why would the season end if Cisse is sold? Please once again explain how this would work out. I wasn't aware of Cisse Football Club or that we play revolving around Djibril Cisse. Apparently now we can only play well if Cisse is in the squad. Is this is the same Cisse who missed all those chances against Sunderland that should had killed the game off in the first half? Surely it must be him.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:10 am

neilE wrote:why do we have to choose one of them? We've still got 60 games to play this season. 30 starts for each, plus a few off the bench would keep them both busy. Can either of them produce the goods twice a week for the next 9 months?            ................No - we need them both!

Thats the thing..why do we have to choose between owen & cisse ? I mean, why don't we keep them both. Owen is not as fast as b4....but he all round game as improved. He can play in a slightly deeper role. With cisse playing further up-front, owen will have all the space to score goals.

We do people keep mentioning that Cisse/Owen partnership will not work (Juz becos rush/aldridge didn't ?).
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:17 am

What I don't understand is, why are so many people so excited and jumping up and down about Cissé?

He has no dribbling skills, his shots on target ratio is pretty poor, he is erratic and he only has proven record in a relatively average French league, if anyone watched him in the French league, he showed all of the above negative traits too.

If Rafa sells him, I absolutely understand it.

We need WORLD class strikers, Michael Owen is one of them and is far better than Cissé.

Don't get me wrong, I like Cissé, he seems like a good guy and is hard working on the pitch but he should go back to the French league....

Michael Owen is welcome back any day, he is proven in England, Spain and international football.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:22 am

A.B. wrote:

Please explain to me how Cisse was "instrumental" in our Champions League success. Apart from taking one good penalty, what did Cisse do that helped us achieve what we did?

Why would the season end if Cisse is sold? Please once again explain how this would work out. I wasn't aware of Cisse Football Club or that we play revolving around Djibril Cisse. Apparently now we can only play well if Cisse is in the squad. Is this is the same Cisse who missed all those chances against Sunderland that should had killed the game off in the first half? Surely it must be him.

i don't have to explain anything to you

i guess you must sleep with rafa...becos when i make any slight criticism on him...you come out with all your guns blazing ...protecting him   :no
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:28 am

i guess you must sleep with rafa

I'm sorry but I'm not like you. Save you're corny jokes for somebody else. If you can't back up statements then thats your problem.

i don't have to explain anything to you

I'm just trying to understand how without Cisse the season is over. Don't explain it, because it just proves to me that you don't know what the feck you're talking about.

Cisse hasn't proven that he's worth 7 million pounds let alone 14 million that we paid for him. He should be given time however I would understand why someone would sell him because thus far he hasn't shown anything special other than his pace. To say that our season would be over because we would get rid of Cisse is stupid imo especially when you don't have any arguements for it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby begintoend » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:45 am

Simply put it, what I have seen in Cisse deserves so much better than having to sacrifice him for a "Return of MO".

Cisse might have been injured and to some that do not have much of a impression of him "helping" LFC to last season's glory.  Let me tell you what I have seen during his comeback.

His strong determination on getting back on his feet running for the club.
His pleasure at being able to train with his teammates.
His contribution to the game was immense with all the running and chasing.
His touches are slowly cominh back. (Mind you the trauma of having a broken leg before. Not many will riak what he had put in)
His predatory sense is there, so much of hunger to prove to the fans, he wants to show everyone he deserves the RED jersey.

Well if you all can't see that, claims that he deserves to be shipped out... :(

Cisse has come with a heavy price tag but that I have seen him as a proven lethal striker for the REDS. What did you guys see? I dunno. I am happy with what Rafa has got in his team. Getting MO back would only become a board decision more than a football decision.

Couldn't Harry Kewell finance the comeback for you Owen fans?
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:47 am

A.B -

I agree with you that Cisse has not shown anything special (did not watch the game last night so talking about EPL), but you also have to remember he is playing out of position.

Now, Fernando on the other hand - who is playing in his favoured position, hasent scored a goal or shown anything special at all, infact what iv seen of him in the leage he has looked below average to be honest. Atleast Cisse has scored 2 and setup one.

From reports I understant Fernando played the full game + extra time, and he still did not get on the score sheet. So shouldnt Fernando be sold then ? I honestly think he will be one of the lowest scorers in the leage.
Chelsea forever.

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:50 am

Despite the fact that Cisse was played out of position in the last two Premiership games, he had clear chances to score goals and failed to do so. Now he shouldn't be sold just because of that but suggesting that without Cisse our season would be over is a bit over the top.

Not many clubs can afford his wages and not many clubs are interested in a player who is injury prone.
Last edited by A.B. on Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:54 am

A.B. wrote:Despite the fact that Cisse was played out of position in the last two Premiership games, he had clear chances to score goals and failed to do so. Now he shouldn't be sold just because of that but suggesting that without Cisse our season would be over is a bit over the top.

Not many clubs can afford his wages and not many clubs are interested in a player who is injury prone.

No!!  :no
66-1120597113

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:56 am

No what?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion