Cisse has signed

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed May 26, 2004 6:13 pm

I just saw it on eurosport news.

It says "Liverpool have announced the signing of Djibril Cisse despite the sacking of manager Gerrard Houllier who brokered the deal for the club"

Good news or bad?
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed May 26, 2004 6:14 pm

Bad.

Very bad.

We need a new manager. Not new players.
115-1073096938

Postby DrLiverpool » Wed May 26, 2004 6:22 pm

Yeah I think we should have let the new manager decide does he want him.

New manager wont be named for at least another 2 weeks. They are waiting for parry to come back from holiday because they dont wont to make any decisions without the "trustworthy" chief executive. He comes back in 12 days.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed May 26, 2004 6:27 pm

Rick Parry shouldn't have done that and he should have to wait to see if new manager want him but it is too late now. I hope new manager is happy with decision that we've got Cisse.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed May 26, 2004 6:39 pm

He's a natural goalscorer, I look forward to watching him next season.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed May 26, 2004 7:08 pm

I do not believe that the club will buy any new players before they sign a new manager.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 26, 2004 8:31 pm

it's true he's signed and sealed.  It's common practice, remember the guy who signed Beckham was sacked before he arrived.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 26, 2004 8:41 pm

DrLiverpool wrote:Yeah I think we should have let the new manager decide does he want him.

Fcuk1ng stupid move unless the new manager was ok with it. Haven't we wasted enough £ms on Houllier's transfers, is this one likely to be any more successful? How will the team cope with the new Henry, the new Zidane, the new Vieira, the new Pires etc
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Wed May 26, 2004 10:16 pm

Couldn't Parry have cancelled his holiday and taken it some other time with everything that's going on at the moment?! :angry:

Should sort out the manager's job first and then let him decide if Cisse was a player he wanted.
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed May 26, 2004 10:22 pm

Maybe he's holidaying in Spain........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed May 26, 2004 10:28 pm

Let's hope Cisse lives up to his billing. I'm 70/30 confident he will. Fingers crossed guys.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu May 27, 2004 5:19 am

Don't you think that 14 million pounds, for a young French striker yet to be really proven in another league or Europe, is a wee bit too expensive?
If the Tahi bid fails, this purchase by a previous manager, may have squeezed the next manager's budget to get new players who he would actually want?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby emmanuel » Thu May 27, 2004 12:47 pm

As I saw many games with cissé, I can tell you that you don't have to worry about cissé skills and potential.
As a young striker, he is already a tremendous scorer (one of the best rate goal per play in Europe, ok it is the french league but the football played there let very few space to the attackers and he still scores more than 20 goals a year), fast, powerfull and with a master shoot. Very few defenders can challenge his play.
With a lot of potential he has (and can) improve his technical skills and his teamwork.
With a good manager he surely become one of the top five striker in Europe.
I just wonder how he will deal with Houiller out.

A french guy supporting Liverpool (even if Fowler left, he made me like your team)
emmanuel

Postby bpm1976 » Thu May 27, 2004 1:07 pm

£14 million on him is a massive gamble,  I really hope it works out, with the build up he has had I think its fair to say he will have to get between 18-25 goals in his first season.
I wonder if the next manager who is yet to be announced approved this transfer, cos if not who is to say he will fit into his plans?  Defo think this move should of been put on ICE
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

bpm1976

Postby swiss_kopite » Thu May 27, 2004 1:37 pm

emmanuel wrote:As a young striker, he is already a tremendous scorer (one of the best rate goal per play in Europe, ok it is the french league but the football played there let very few space to the attackers and he still scores more than 20 goals a year), (...)

talking about goals per minute in the french league: if this is the main criteria we would have to buy frei from stades rennes! i think he scored 19 or 20 goals in much fewer games! (plus rennes is weaker than auxerre, so it was harder for him to score ...)

every striker has to fit to the other team members, everything else  are just stats !!!
swiss_kopite

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion