Cisse for defoe?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:37 pm

Defoe is a better footballer than Djbril Cisse, I can't see how there can be any arguement over that.

While Cisse is faster (not that you could ever describe Defoe as being slow) Defoe is smarter, has a far better touch and has exceptional skill on the ball.

Defoe has some attitude problems but I think he would thrive if he moved to a bigger club than Spurs.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:45 pm

A.B. wrote:
defoe is total world clas

Really? :D

i might have known you would reply a.b.  yes he is world class in my book when fully fit...and as far as premiership football goes he is better than cisse...  :alien:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:48 pm

matrix wrote:
A.B. wrote:

i might have known you would reply a.b.  yes he is world class in my book when fully fit...and as far as premiership football goes he is better than cisse...  :alien:

What makes him a world class player? Weren't you the one who questioned why I said Ibrahimovic is a world class player? If you did then, Ibrahimovic is ten times a better player than Defoe is.

Defoe is good but not world class by any means. He hasn't done anything to prove that he is.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:55 pm

A.B. wrote:
matrix wrote:
A.B. wrote:

What makes him a world class player? Weren't you the one who questioned why I said Ibrahimovic is a world class player? If you did then, Ibrahimovic is ten times a better player than Defoe is.

Defoe is good but not world class by any means. He hasn't done anything to prove that he is.

you have me mixed up with someone else pal,  you are missing the whole point listen im only going to say it once  defoe is better than cisse for liverpool ok mate   :oh:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:59 pm

you are missing the whole point listen im only going to say it once  defoe is better than cisse for liverpool ok mate 

No shit Sherlock, but thats not what I asked you. What makes Defoe world class? What has Jermaine Defoe done thus far in his career that makes him world class like the likes of Adriano,Ronaldo,Shevchenko,Henry,etc...?

Absolutely nothing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:08 pm

A.B. wrote:
you are missing the whole point listen im only going to say it once  defoe is better than cisse for liverpool ok mate 

No shit Sherlock, but thats not what I asked you. What makes Defoe world class? What has Jermaine Defoe done thus far in his career that makes him world class like the likes of Adriano,Ronaldo,Shevchenko,Henry,etc...?

Absolutely nothing.

a.b.  you are a fuc.king baby   you had to put him in a bracket with the best strikers on earth  there are a good number of world class players chump   :alien:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:12 pm

you had to put him in a bracket with the best strikers on earth  there are a good number of world class players chump

Of course, they're the best strikers on the planet because they're WORLD CLASS. Defoe is not one of the best strikers on the planet and therefore he isn't World Class. If he was World Class, then he would be rotting his ass on the Tottenham bench.

there are a good number of world class players chump

And Defoe isn't one of those world class players.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:18 pm

people must laugh at your posts :laugh:   i forgot your welsh aint you...anti english  :p

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:23 pm

matrix wrote:people must laugh at your posts :laugh:   i forgot your welsh aint you...anti english  :p

No I'm not Welsh, I'm not English, I'm not Irish, I'm not Scottish. I'm Croatian, but thats beside the point. If you think Jermaine Defoe is a World Class striker then you're deluding yourself.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:26 pm

A.B. wrote:
matrix wrote:people must laugh at your posts :laugh:   i forgot your welsh aint you...anti english  :p

No I'm not Welsh, I'm not English, I'm not Irish, I'm not Scottish. I'm Croatian, but thats beside the point. If you think Jermaine Defoe is a World Class striker then you're deluding yourself.

no probs  lets just leave it at that.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:31 pm

The thing is, for me anyway, is that if Rafa isn't going to play Cisse, I'd rather get the money for him and get a striker that is wanted by the management. If JD fits that role, I say we go for it. He's English, he's an international, we know he can score and he gives us a more all round option up front.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:33 pm

But I don't think JD fits that role. Can he hold up the ball? Can he link up well enough with his team mates?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:49 pm

RAFABENITEZ wrote:Defoe - played 187 scored - 72
Cisse -  played  157 scored 80
CISSE IS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Your stats clearly point to cisse being the better striker but i think the fact that the majority of those goals have come in a league that is technically inferior by a long way to the premier league has to be taken into account when comparing the two players.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:54 pm

But is he more of a complete player than Cisse. Cisse has the speed of The Flash but the Attention span of Paris Hilton in a shoe shop. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but he still doesn't seem complete. Benitez may well want a player who s more of a "Jack of All" than a "master of one" and Maybe JD fits that role. What's more, he still has bags of potential due to his youth and a natural instinct for goal. He may not be in Rafa's plans, but if Djibril does go, I'm sure we'll see someone turn up that isn't miles away from the likes of Defoe.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:59 pm

But is he more of a complete player than Cisse. Cisse has the speed of The Flash but the Attention span of Paris Hilton in a shoe shop. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, but he still doesn't seem complete. Benitez may well want a player who s more of a "Jack of All" than a "master of one" and Maybe JD fits that role. What's more, he still has bags of potential due to his youth and a natural instinct for goal. He may not be in Rafa's plans, but if Djibril does go, I'm sure we'll see someone turn up that isn't miles away from the likes of Defoe.

I'm not saying that Cisse is better than Defoe, but those Defoe suit Rafa's system. Probably not, and thats why I don't think we'll see him here.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion