Cisse coming to anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Tue May 18, 2004 12:30 pm

When will he actually be at Anfield to put pen to paper? he isn't going to the Euro's.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 18, 2004 12:33 pm

cisse will officially be unveiled as a liverpool player at a press conference on july 1st.  :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 18, 2004 12:45 pm

hopfully he will bring Mexes with him
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 18, 2004 12:47 pm

mexes stated a couple of months back that he had CHOSEN liverpool over all the other clubs who were interested in him at the time, including juve, roma etc. as long as he doesn't go back on his word i have every confidence we will see him in the great red shirt next season!
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Tue May 18, 2004 1:01 pm

Where did it say about Cisse at Anfield on July 1st?
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 18, 2004 1:04 pm

I don't know anything about Cisse other than its a given he's going to LFC but that begs two questions

why isn't he going to Euro championships?

How long will it take him to settle in, if he has a poor first season, LFC are ****** as Owen will miss half of it and Baros/Owen to similar up front.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 18, 2004 1:07 pm

Paul C wrote:Where did it say about Cisse at Anfield on July 1st?

www.myliverpool.org
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby SantaGiveHoullierTheSack » Tue May 18, 2004 1:09 pm

Big Niall wrote:I don't know anything about Cisse other than its a given he's going to LFC but that begs two questions

How long will it take him to settle in, if he has a poor first season, LFC are ****** as Owen will miss half of it and Baros/Owen to similar up front.

He's not going to Euro '04 coz he is suspended.

I hoped his first season is a success because with his speed and power, he's gonna catch a lot of team by surprise. If he can strike up a good link with Owen, we are in for an interesting season ahead.

Need to get a creative midfield to compliment Gerrard thou, and how about Malbranque on the right?
SantaGiveHoullierTheSack

Postby stmichael » Tue May 18, 2004 1:10 pm

Big Niall wrote:I don't know anything about Cisse other than its a given he's going to LFC but that begs two questions

cisse is suspended from euro 2004 because he got sent off in an under 21 international. nevermind- it gives him time to rest for the new season. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Tue May 18, 2004 1:12 pm

Big Niall wrote:why isn't he going to Euro championships?

How long will it take him to settle in,

Cissé is not going to the Euro Championships because he is suspended for getting set off for something stupid in an U21 match a while back. Who knows how lon it will take hime to settle in, he could be an instant hit or he may never settle in. thats why everyone is so wary of spending so much money on him
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue May 18, 2004 1:58 pm

He is banned from 5 international games, but it has been reduced to 4 games, so there is no point for Cisse to play in Euro 2004 for doing nothing and sitting down on the bench.

So, he will have a nice long break before coming to Liverpool, that will be massive boost for us, I am confident he will do great job for us, and just being positive.

I heard Mexes has been ommitted from the Squad for Euro 2004, but I don't give a sh1t about it, because Mexes might be coming to Liverpool, so he will be having long break too and he will be sharp if he come to Liverpool.

YNWA!!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue May 18, 2004 2:35 pm

Mexes has been left out of the squad.

But they have silvestre in there!!
Only reason i can think that they are playing him over Mexes is he can play full back as well!
Still i would of had Mexes in there ahead of Boumsong!

I was looking forward to watching him this summer never mind hopefully i'll get to see him all next season in red!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 18, 2004 2:39 pm

here is the france squad for the summer.

Goalkeepers: Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Mickael Landreau (Nantes)

Defenders: Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), William Gallas (Chelsea), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Mikael Silvestre (Manchester United), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich)

Midfielders: Ludovic Giuly (Monaco), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Olivier Dacourt (Roma), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Jerome Rothen (Monaco), Sylvain Wiltord (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Benoit Pedretti (Sochaux)

Strikers: Thierry Henry (Arsenal), David Trezeguet (Juventus), Louis Saha (Manchester United), Steve Marlet (Marseille).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 18, 2004 2:43 pm

There must be some mistake, they've left out Cheyrou !
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 18, 2004 2:45 pm

don't worry, he'll be in there for the next world cup to replace zidane, who'll of retired by then! :p
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion