Cisse coming to anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 18, 2004 2:46 pm

he'll be in there for the next world cup

probably as a ball boy
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue May 18, 2004 4:23 pm

What about Traore the next Desailly  :p  :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby long sleeved joe » Tue May 18, 2004 5:45 pm

If Cisse and Mexes sign then i'm glad they wont be in euro 2004.  our international players arent gonna get a good break at all with champs lge qualification games as well
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden i'd draw the curtains" Bill Shankly
long sleeved joe

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue May 18, 2004 9:14 pm

The qualifiers usually take place in the first month of the season, ie August, the first leg the Wednesday before the first weekend of the season, and the second or return leg is two weeks later. This means our first competitive game of the season will be the first leg and we will have played two league games before the second leg. The final of the Euro championships is in Lisbon on the 4th July, so Michael, Stevie, Carra etc ... and any other French or English Liverpool lads who contest the final will have around five weeks rest before the CL qualifiers.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zardoz » Tue May 18, 2004 10:58 pm

last news heared here in france were that Mexes would sign in Italy rather than in england. but there are always surprises  :;):
Zardoz

Postby Zardoz » Tue May 18, 2004 11:00 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:so Michael, Stevie, Carra etc ... and any other French or English Liverpool lads who contest the final will have around five weeks rest before the CL qualifiers.

well doing some heavy physical training all day to prepare a new championship season can hardly be considered as 'rest' in my book.
Zardoz

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion