Cisse breaks leg - May never play again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:13 am

s@int wrote:
We should not need to rely on selling players in order to sign new ones, the board should be able to supply effiecent funds that Rafa needs each season. We shouldn't have to pin our transfer hopes on one player going out the exit door.

I think your being a little unfair on the Liverpool board mate, they have always in my opinion done their best by Liverpool FC and their managers were money is concerned. Where I feel the club has been poor is in raising funds for the club. I dont mean selling the club out to sponsers etc as some other clubs have, but in using new technology and the Liverpool brand in the right way to raise funds i.e. A Liverpool Tv channel, monthly Dvd's for foreign supporters ( I am sure you will all have many more and much better ideas) Arsenal got over £150million for naming their stadium "Emirates" maybe thats a step too far, but think who we could buy with that sort of money! I believe the board at liverpool have backed all our managers (some perhaps too well) when it comes to the transfer market and I am sure Rafa will get the same backing. We cant compete with Abramovich's money but we can still get the players we need without risking "doing a Leeds". I KNOW it hurts to see crappy teams like Newcastle and Spurs seeming to have more money than us but even Chelsea cant buy Carragher or Gerrard and Rafa seems smart enough to get the players we need at a price thats right. :)

100% correct. (And yes, I am aware that it's you, S@int!)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:14 am

Igor Zidane wrote:On another note it might hamper Cisse's recouperation if he know's he's not wanted by Rafa, it's hardly a good incentive to get your head down and get yourself right.

Too late to worry about that.

He's known that for months!  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:54 am

I think its a bit fuc.king much starting a thread saying the lad wont play again, this is idle speculation and is well out of order. Mods - you should know better.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:57 am

Last edited by Judge on Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:01 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I think its a bit fuc.king much starting a thread saying the lad wont play again, this is idle speculation and is well out of order. Mods - you should know better.

and leonn you should know better the difference between the word 'may' and 'will' and therefore should know the difference between 'may not' and 'won't'

unfortunatley at the time kazza wrote this thread there were doubts but with hindsight it appears thankfully he will play again
112-1077774096

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:03 am

s@int wrote:
We should not need to rely on selling players in order to sign new ones, the board should be able to supply effiecent funds that Rafa needs each season. We shouldn't have to pin our transfer hopes on one player going out the exit door.

I think your being a little unfair on the Liverpool board mate, they have always in my opinion done their best by Liverpool FC and their managers were money is concerned. Where I feel the club has been poor is in raising funds for the club. I dont mean selling the club out to sponsers etc as some other clubs have, but in using new technology and the Liverpool brand in the right way to raise funds i.e. A Liverpool Tv channel, monthly Dvd's for foreign supporters ( I am sure you will all have many more and much better ideas) Arsenal got over £150million for naming their stadium "Emirates" maybe thats a step too far, but think who we could buy with that sort of money! I believe the board at liverpool have backed all our managers (some perhaps too well) when it comes to the transfer market and I am sure Rafa will get the same backing. We cant compete with Abramovich's money but we can still get the players we need without risking "doing a Leeds". I KNOW it hurts to see crappy teams like Newcastle and Spurs seeming to have more money than us but even Chelsea cant buy Carragher or Gerrard and Rafa seems smart enough to get the players we need at a price thats right. :)

I'm not saying the board do not care about this football club, beacsue if they didn't we wouldn't be Liverpool Football Club FC but Liverpool Football PLC. I have a lot of respect for Moores, Parry and the rest of the board, who could of made a hell of a lot of money out of changing Liverpool but have stuck by the traditions of the this great football club. And whilst they have and will always continue to back the manager 100% until the end, they may not be able to supply funds, not that I blame them, after all Houllier spent £125million then it must of cost the board a fortune to get rid of him and his coaching staff. Hiowever the board should be able at the start of every season to give the manager the much needed transfer funds. If they can't do that, then you seriously need to ask themselves the question of "Can we supply for the future of this Club".
48-1119859832

Postby red_guy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:03 am

oooouuuu...that's horrible. 2nd time , different leg. Something to do with weak bones..less calcium maybe? can't remember anybody suffered that kind of injury twice.  ???
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:10 am

ConnO'var wrote:
0asis wrote:No he's just an a.rse.

He even sent me a PM; thanking me for calling him an a.rse.

Really sad to see this Oasis. And on a LFC forum for crist sakes!
We have the best fans in the world IMO.

But it's sad sods like this that give us all a bad name.

SAve it wool
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Garymac » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:11 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Garymac wrote:Now that the dust has settled on this i would be absolutly gutted if we couldnt get the players it said in tonights Echo that Rafa has lined up to hopefully bring in.

Alves, Kuyt and one of Defoe/Bellamy would amount to an excellent bit of shopping in the summer and it would be a shame if rafa couldnt go through with these purchases because of what happened last night to Cisse.

I admit what happened to Cisse last night was terrible but i just hope it doesnt have to much affect on LFC, because that would be a double whammy.

Imagine what those reenforcements would bring i got excited for about 2 secs when i saw the names "Kuyt" and Bellamy" in the back of the echo and now that it might not happen im gutted, the 2 of them would give us so much upfront next season its frightening.

Oh well, here is to hoping GH is stupid enough to still buy him while hes injured  :D

Just reading your post Gary and then re-read the echo article and it's Darren Bent and not Defoe that is mentioned.

Seville's Daniel Alves - who Benitez hopes to sign imminently - and Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt are Benitez's prime targets, with another striker, likely to be either Darren Bent or Craig Bellamy, also in the manager's sights.

:rasp

Just thought i'd set the record straight   :p  :p :D

Ill let you have that one Rushie!  :D

What i dont get is people saying "We shouldnt be signing players because it shows Cisse he is not wanted and might halt his recovery" True in some respects but our future doesnt have Cisse in it and i think the lad knows that.

Truth be told he isnt wanted but he says his dream is to play for Marseille or Lyon now, so lets get are 2 strikers, hope cisse makes a full recovery and can seal his move to one of the french clubs and everyone is a winner  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:43 pm

Lots of players have suffered 2 broken legs in fairly quick succession with B Robson ex Manu probably being the most famous but I cant believe anyone has suffered 2 such horrendous breaks and in such innocuous circumstances. It will probably take him a month to recover from watching the video it is so horrifying.
         I doubt it will be lack of calcium or something of that nature as he has played football for years with no problems and will have had regular blood tests, (just very bad luck) although didnt he break his foot before he joined us?
account deleted by request

Postby 48-1119859832 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:46 pm

Didn't that happen to Stephen Warnock?
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:49 pm

yes he broke his leg twice but I have no Idea of circumstances surrounding breaks, how bad etc

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:24 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
0asis wrote:No he's just an a.rse.

He even sent me a PM; thanking me for calling him an a.rse.

Really sad to see this Oasis. And on a LFC forum for crist sakes!
We have the best fans in the world IMO.

But it's sad sods like this that give us all a bad name.

SAve it wool

Grow up or pis$ off. I don't have time for children.... or imbeciles for that matter.
ConnO'var

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:40 pm

Truth be told he isnt wanted but he says his dream is to play for Marseille or Lyon now, so lets get are 2 strikers, hope cisse makes a full recovery and can seal his move to one of the french clubs and everyone is a winner   

Hard but very true. As I have said before I think Cisse will be loaned out then sold (unfortunately for a lot less than the £8 million we hoped for)when he regains fitness. Rafa has to look to the future of liverpool now and that means 2 new quality strikers (hopefully 2)

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:23 pm

peewee wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:I think its a bit fuc.king much starting a thread saying the lad wont play again, this is idle speculation and is well out of order. Mods - you should know better.

and leonn you should know better the difference between the word 'may' and 'will' and therefore should know the difference between 'may not' and 'won't'

unfortunatley at the time kazza wrote this thread there were doubts but with hindsight it appears thankfully he will play again

Thanks for that peewee you are 100% correct.

Leon chill out dude, you do not always have to complain. Calling for mods, a bit extreme isn't it?

It is not unreasonable to see the video of the break on sky then come to this site, find that the topic had not been mentioned and start a new topic about it.

It seemed relevant at the time.  :;):
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion