Cisse breaks leg - May never play again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:33 pm

Oh man i hated seeing that last night ... Im a huge Cisse fan even thou he gets alot of stick! Hope he recovers from this!
*_Ruthless_*

Postby GOAT » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:33 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Image

Ouch!!

It gets worse everytime you see it  :sniffle

ooh thats nasty, poor guy
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GunGod » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:39 pm

Ouch!!

DAMN!
GunGod

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:41 pm

0asis wrote:

Ouch!!

I think his football boots are to blame, apprantely his studs got stuck in the turf and as he went down his leg buckled and as you can broke.

I think companies should make protecting the players from these type of injuries like this one their main priority and not worrying about being flashy, that's just my two cents tho.

I was thinking the same and bumped the football boot injuries thread from a few weeks ago.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:46 pm

It's either that or the turf they use on pitches today is the problem, then again I always thought turf was turf.

So the most logical theory would be that the boots are designed and made to protect, but made all flashy just to market and sell the product. :no
48-1119859832

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:57 pm

Djibril Cisse could be back playing in a Liverpool shirt by early November after the surgeon who carried out last night's operation on the striker's broken leg insisted the surgery had been a complete success. 
Djibril Cisse could be back playing in a Liverpool shirt by early November after the surgeon who carried out last night's operation on the striker's broken leg insisted the surgery had been a complete success.

While there were fears in the immediate aftermath of the horrific-looking injury that Cisse may not play again this year, Liverpool Club Doctor Mark Waller tonight stressed that the staff at Melwood expect to see Djibril back at the training ground in a matter of months.

Waller, who was in constant contact with the medical team dealing with the player in France both during the early hours of Thursday morning and also throughout the whole of today, told liverpoolfc.tv: "The latest news we've had is extremely positive. He's had the operation done and everything has gone in a very straightforward fashion.

"The fracture has been repaired with some metalwork in his leg in a similar way to what he had when he broke the other leg in 2004. This fracture is not as severe as the previous one.

"The last time he broke his leg, it took him just 164 days to recover completely - which was just over five months - but this time we're expecting him to recover even quicker. When we talk about him being back, we mean back playing first team football.

"He'll be flying back to England on Monday and we would expect to see him back training at Melwood in around four months. His recovery last time was so quick because Djibril himself remained positive and worked really hard and obviously he had appropriate management throughout the recovery process.

"Knowing Djibril, he'll show the same willingness to fight back from this new injury and I wouldn't be surprised to seeing him playing as early as November."
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:02 pm

Awesome news on the operation!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abjbpJddwf4&search=djibril%20cisse
Thats the video for the break..
*_Ruthless_*

Postby deejay-cgt » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:54 pm

Knowing Djibril, he'll show the same willingness to fight back from this new injury and I wouldn't be surprised to seeing him playing as early as November."

hope he is playing then because we prob wont have any forwards in by then
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby Garymac » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:57 pm

Now that the dust has settled on this i would be absolutly gutted if we couldnt get the players it said in tonights Echo that Rafa has lined up to hopefully bring in.

Alves, Kuyt and one of Defoe/Bellamy would amount to an excellent bit of shopping in the summer and it would be a shame if rafa couldnt go through with these purchases because of what happened last night to Cisse.

I admit what happened to Cisse last night was terrible but i just hope it doesnt have to much affect on LFC, because that would be a double whammy.

Imagine what those reenforcements would bring i got excited for about 2 secs when i saw the names "Kuyt" and Bellamy" in the back of the echo and now that it might not happen im gutted, the 2 of them would give us so much upfront next season its frightening.

Oh well, here is to hoping GH is stupid enough to still buy him while hes injured  :D
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:05 pm

I think the board need to take the bull by the horns and give Rafa the money to still get the players mentioned by Gary . On another note it might hamper Cisse's recouperation if he know's he's not wanted by Rafa, it's hardly a good incentive to get your head down and get yourself right.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby deejay-cgt » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:13 pm

if cisse knows he can have chance in team when he comes back then he will come back fighting but if he knows no chance he be :censored: for us still. we just need 1 forward really because we can use Sinama Pongolle. just 1 forward in to replace nando then when cisse returns give him a chance if he cant do out for us then we can sell. in the mean time i hope he recovers well and hope when he back we get to see the real reason why we brought him :) as u can guess im a cisse fan
CgT

deejay-cgt

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:18 pm

Garymac wrote:Now that the dust has settled on this i would be absolutly gutted if we couldnt get the players it said in tonights Echo that Rafa has lined up to hopefully bring in.

Alves, Kuyt and one of Defoe/Bellamy would amount to an excellent bit of shopping in the summer and it would be a shame if rafa couldnt go through with these purchases because of what happened last night to Cisse.

I admit what happened to Cisse last night was terrible but i just hope it doesnt have to much affect on LFC, because that would be a double whammy.

Imagine what those reenforcements would bring i got excited for about 2 secs when i saw the names "Kuyt" and Bellamy" in the back of the echo and now that it might not happen im gutted, the 2 of them would give us so much upfront next season its frightening.

Oh well, here is to hoping GH is stupid enough to still buy him while hes injured  :D

Just reading your post Gary and then re-read the echo article and it's Darren Bent and not Defoe that is mentioned.

Seville's Daniel Alves - who Benitez hopes to sign imminently - and Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt are Benitez's prime targets, with another striker, likely to be either Darren Bent or Craig Bellamy, also in the manager's sights.

:rasp

Just thought i'd set the record straight   :p  :p :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:25 pm

Garymac wrote:Now that the dust has settled on this i would be absolutly gutted if we couldnt get the players it said in tonights Echo that Rafa has lined up to hopefully bring in.

We should not need to rely on selling players in order to sign new ones, the board should be able to supply effiecent funds that Rafa needs each season. We shouldn't have to pin our transfer hopes on one player going out the exit door.

And it's our duty as a club to support Cisse through this tradgic time. After all he's still a Liverpool player and me must show him support to give him the confidence he needs to comeback from his injury and help him play again.

We shouldn't abandon him just becoz he's sed this and did that in the past. The buck shudn't stop with Cisse, it stops with the board of directors, who shud be able to supply the funds we need to make those much needed improvements and developments.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:07 pm

poor bloke, horrible picture, hope he gets back to fitness soon......
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:46 am

We should not need to rely on selling players in order to sign new ones, the board should be able to supply effiecent funds that Rafa needs each season. We shouldn't have to pin our transfer hopes on one player going out the exit door.

I think your being a little unfair on the Liverpool board mate, they have always in my opinion done their best by Liverpool FC and their managers were money is concerned. Where I feel the club has been poor is in raising funds for the club. I dont mean selling the club out to sponsers etc as some other clubs have, but in using new technology and the Liverpool brand in the right way to raise funds i.e. A Liverpool Tv channel, monthly Dvd's for foreign supporters ( I am sure you will all have many more and much better ideas) Arsenal got over £150million for naming their stadium "Emirates" maybe thats a step too far, but think who we could buy with that sort of money! I believe the board at liverpool have backed all our managers (some perhaps too well) when it comes to the transfer market and I am sure Rafa will get the same backing. We cant compete with Abramovich's money but we can still get the players we need without risking "doing a Leeds". I KNOW it hurts to see crappy teams like Newcastle and Spurs seeming to have more money than us but even Chelsea cant buy Carragher or Gerrard and Rafa seems smart enough to get the players we need at a price thats right. :)
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion