Cisse - a failure? - Exchange him for andy cole!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:29 am

If you look at all the strikers that/are played[ing] under Benitez, or that he's favoured. Crouch,Morientes,Carew and Mista. What do they all have in common? All four of them can hold up the ball, get the rest of the team into the game.

Does Cisse have that ability? No. His only  attribute is speed. He has nothing else. Poor first touch, poor ball control, poor dribbiling, poor decision making and poor passing.

When he shoots on goal, nine times out of ten he goes for power rather than accuracy.
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:29 am

A.B. wrote:
Ok if ya say so.
But me if we do sell Cisse like your all crying out for, and Rafa doesnt buy another striker, Id like to see your reactions come April when we arnt even in the wafer cup and in the bottom half of the table, plod along with your complaining. No he is not the greatest striker in the world but he has the most goals for Liverpool Football club this season and looks like the only striker we have at the moment of scoring.
But go on rip him to bits it will do his confidence the world of good.

So without Cisse we can't score goals? What a fecking joke. He's scored 2 goals in the Premiership, 8 in Europe. Putting Europe aside, he's the most likely player on the pitch in the Premiership on our squad to miss chance after chance.

We're not a one man team. If we can win games without Gerrard than we can win games without Djibril fecking Cisse. He will be sold, whether it's in January or in the summer he will not be a Liverpool player.

He's the perfect player for a counter-attacking team, a team that puts ten men behind the ball and depends on a player like Cisse to get on the end of the balls via his speed.

A.B. you can't say that to Lyndsey lad, she's female. You have to agree, nod and smile and praise her knowledge of the game. :)
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:30 am

stu_the_red wrote:
A.B. wrote:
Ok if ya say so.
But me if we do sell Cisse like your all crying out for, and Rafa doesnt buy another striker, Id like to see your reactions come April when we arnt even in the wafer cup and in the bottom half of the table, plod along with your complaining. No he is not the greatest striker in the world but he has the most goals for Liverpool Football club this season and looks like the only striker we have at the moment of scoring.

So without Cisse we can't score goals? What a fecking joke. He's scored 2 goals in the Premiership, 8 in Europe. Putting Europe aside, he's the most likely player on the pitch in the Premiership on our squad to miss chance after chance.

We're not a one man team. If we can win games without Gerrard than we can win games without Djibril fecking Cisse. He will be sold, whether it's in January or in the summer he will not be a Liverpool player.

He's the perfect player for a counter-attacking team, a team that puts ten men behind the ball and depends on a player like Cisse to get on the end of the balls via his speed.

A.B. you can't say that to Lyndsey lad, she's female. You have to agree, nod and smile and praise her knowledge of the game. :)

*nods* and  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:38 am

A.B. wrote:He's the perfect player for a counter-attacking team, a team that puts ten men behind the ball and depends on a player like Cisse to get on the end of the balls via his speed.

Spot on AB. His distribution, hold-up play and first touch are not good enough to be a top striker for a big club like ourselves.

I like Cisse, but other than his power and pace, his game is average.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:37 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Ok if ya say so.
But :censored: me if we do sell Cisse like your all crying out for, and Rafa doesnt buy another striker, Id like to see your reactions come April when we arnt even in the wafer cup and in the bottom half of the table, plod along with your complaining. No he is not the greatest striker in the world but he has the most goals for Liverpool Football club this season and looks like the only striker we have at the moment of scoring.
As it will Luis and Fernando's oh and for what its worth Cisse nor Morientes had no service what so ever today.
But go on blame them and not the players around them that should be providing them with balls to score.

B.u.ll.s.h.it. We don't need Cisse.

What makes you think that we would sell him and not buy another striker. So your arguments of Waffle cups and relegation battles is ludicrous.

Rather then having  :love:  :love:  :love:  :love: in your eyes when you see him play try and do something thats considered a bit illogical in your book. Count how many times he loses the ball, passes to no one, shots directly at the keeper and then MAYBE just maybe you will finally see what the rest of us are seeing, a farkin hack.

And no, silly girl, his confidence has nothing to do with scoring goals, because if his confidence-o-meter was at 100% he would still be making the same stupid mistakes he currently makes at the moment, why? Because he is useless, simple!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:55 pm

The fact that our strikers have only got two league goals between them is glaring. I know Rafa wants width and a centre-half in Jan, but I really think we need a goal scorer before we need another defender. I think Rafa is being a little disingenuous when he says he wants defensive cover as we've got it in the squad. What he really wants is a replacement for Sami; someone with more pace and mobility. Whilst I don't disagree with that view, it's not as pressing an issue as our lack of goals from the front men. I know he wants a system where the midfielders contribute significantly in the scoring stakes, but two league goals from our front men after ten games is just not good enough.

I've already come round to the view that Cisse is just not Liverpool quality. Certainly he is not a £14m player and that deal strikes me as very dodgy to say the least. He is so over-reliant on his physical attributes of pace and power that he seems to have entirely neglected to develop his touch, gain a little composure or learn to read the game. Guy Roux was always hailed as some sort of coaching genius. Well I don't see what he coached into His Lordship. It seems all he did at Auxerre was set up a team to give Djibril as many chances per game as possible, but that is never going to be the case here. I take no pleasure in saying that as I like him and hope he comes good, but he really has to improve tenfold if he wants to have a long term future at Liverpool.

The decision to let Owen go to Newcastle still makes financial sense to me, but the footballing sense of it completely eludes me. He would be close to double figures in this team with Gerrard and Xabi providing the ammo. Right now, a striker looks like our greatest priority in January, even before width.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:26 pm

eds wrote:And no, silly girl,

Just plain rude  :no
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:09 pm

Cisse was'nt that bad yesterday, he should have shot earlier when he was clean through, he gave the goaly the opportunity to position himself correctly and then made a good save, Cisse may regret trying to make sure he got a hard,low shot on target now, but thats only because he did'nt score.
I was dissapointed with Nando yesterday, Cisse created some excellent openings for him to make a run and get on the end of, however he kept hiding behind the defender, he looked dissinterested, he could've had a couple of goals if he really wanted to, I reckon he's homesick and he'll be gone soon. Thats my opinion.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:51 pm

cisse, seeing his stat this season (that is 0.5 of goal/match), is no way a bad striker. but sometimes frustrates you with his goal/chances. yes, he knocks and probes intensively on your defense, yet he rarely get orgasm, errr, i mean scoring -that is so frustrating and making you a headache.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:46 pm

The decision to let Owen go to Newcastle still makes financial sense to me, but the footballing sense of it completely eludes me. He would be close to double figures in this team with Gerrard and Xabi providing the ammo. Right now, a striker looks like our greatest priority in January, even before width.

The question is what striker can we sign in January? Kuyt? I can't really think of any strikers that will be available in January for the right price.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby oakton » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:07 pm

Cisse can't kick!
Using a clock system, not referring to his missed kicks, but does he ever kick beyond 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock? his kicks are always straight to the keeper or way out to the crowd.
oakton

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:51 pm

oakton wrote:Cisse can't kick!

Using a clock system, not referring to his missed kicks, but does he ever kick beyond 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock?

wtf are you on about? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:53 pm

stmichael wrote:
oakton wrote:Cisse can't kick!

Using a clock system, not referring to his missed kicks, but does he ever kick beyond 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock?

wtf are you on about? ???

i find that statement quite funny from oakton, stmike  :D

i think he's been drinking  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:09 pm

Cisse is a good player. If he can do it  France do it for he can do it Liverpool.
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:45 pm

From now on the standard for shots on target should be the clock system. Fact

:D  :D  :D
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion