Christian bolanos - Saprissa rm handed trial by liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:35 am

I juts read on teletext that Rafa was impressed with Christian Bolanos during theri match with Liverpool as well as his previous 1/4 final match against FC Sydney and has offered the player a trial for Jan.

I thought he seemed quite livley in both games and can score also. Perhaps a decent player found in our trip Japan. Its set for January so we wil know soon whats the outcome on this.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:07 am

i missed the siprissa game as i was working and forgot to tape it,is this guy any good and worthy of being in our squad
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:18 am

I thought he was Saprissa's best player on the night. He was the only player who gave our defence any real problems, he had good movement and pace and he also played well against Sydney FC, scoring the winning goal in that game. 

Defo worth giving him a trial as I think he has a lot of talent, and already plays for the Costa Rican national team so we should see him at the World Cup.

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:19 am

from BBC.

Costa Rican set for Anfield trial 

Costa Rica winger Christian Bolanos is reported to have secured a trial at Liverpool in January.
Bolanos plays on the right-hand side for Costa Rican side Saprissa and is set to represent his country in the World Cup next summer.

His club manager Jeaustin Campos said the player impressed Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez during this month's World Club Championship in Japan.

Liverpool defeated Saprissa 3-0 in the semi-final but Bolanos stood out.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gordy_123 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:30 am

saw him in both games, fast and skillfull, be good for lower premier league sides, dno if he'll be able to cut it with liverpool
gordy_123

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:41 am

He's good and fast but light weight ...
LiverpoolMadman

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:08 am

hmm looks a decent player, nothing special
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lionheart » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 am

Hey, most of us doubted Crouch...I for one will wait and see what evolves re. Bolanos. I have confidence that Rafa knows talent when he sees it. Bolanos might be a lightweight (so is Defoe and numerous others) but he seems to hold the ball reasonably well. As long as he can get a ball into the box from wide right and Nando can get on the end of it, with the added bonus of being relatively cheap...hey, could be the buy of the year!! But in all honesty I can't see him as a first choice winger for this season. :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:30 am

Rafa is constantly looking for RM to give the front two better service. I wanted gonzalez because of the pace and rafa bigging him up massively.

This lad looked the best of a bad bunch, but if rafa has seen something in him he is worth a trail.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:45 pm

He scored a really stunning free kick which turned ot to be the winner inthe 3rd place play of and was the only player against us that looked to create things. I think if he does turn out to be useful then mor money can be spent on bringing a better quality defender and possibly even a striker. You never know, this guy might turn out to be the one good thing about going to Japan. Either way we will know if he is to be ofered a full contract after the trial period which in ussually 1 or 2 weeks long at the most. I personally hope he makes the grade as he did score 2 or 3 times in the CWC which is not a bad rate for a midfielder and he looks a type of player like Garcia. Very silky and pacey. I think perhaps with some of Rafas soecial guidance he just could be a saving grace for us instaed of splashing out £12M on semi washed up players like Simao.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:48 pm

I was impressed by him and if we can get him signed before the world cup that will be a good bit of business, his value is sure to rise if he has a good tournament.
Jari's mullet

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:06 pm

He does look liem a lively player indeed and whata free kick in that 3rd place match for him. Apparently he wouldnt cost more than 500,000 anyway so Rafa could in theory still signa nother RM or put that money he had reserved into improving the squad in other areas such as up front or in defence. I think one position where we dont need more players is in the CM. With Hamman set to retire next year i would expect to see Beslan Idrizaj step into the first team. He was the Austrian player of the year and scored to great goals in the FA youth cup the other day.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:11 pm

bavlondon wrote:He does look liem a lively player indeed and whata free kick in that 3rd place match for him. Apparently he wouldnt cost more than 500,000 anyway so Rafa could in theory still signa nother RM or put that money he had reserved into improving the squad in other areas such as up front or in defence. I think one position where we dont need more players is in the CM. With Hamman set to retire next year i would expect to see Beslan Idrizaj step into the first team. He was the Austrian player of the year and scored to great goals in the FA youth cup the other day.

Worth a shot at £500k rather than be held to ransom for a top player and splashing out £10m+ I think fergie got carried away in spending big and while it may get you good players most of the time it is a very expensive way to do it and that's your budget gone in one go
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:14 pm

Yes even if we did sign him im sure hed be able to contribue something and if not after the world cup there maybe teams after him anyway.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yes even if we did sign him im sure hed be able to contribue something and if not after the world cup there maybe teams after him anyway.

He'd have to be really bad to be a waste of £500k, possibly worse than Nunez. Sometimes clubs don't look beyond the big leagues and other domestic leagues ie lower divisions and some of the best bargains will invariably come from co :censored:ries where £5m transfers are virtually unheard of if not altogether unheard of
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion