CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 30/04/08 7.45pm - Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:24 pm

a win will do
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:46 pm

LFC1982 wrote:Sami Hatrick!!!!

:laugh:  If that happens I'll give you my house.

Torres, Kuyt and Gerrard put together will get a hat trick and we'll win 3-0!

Tie. Over.
Seano Kop

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:24 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:grant is a wan.ker , he's a useless manager who deserves no respect even if he wins something cos , he inherited his team

didn't Benitez inherit Houllier's side? since Benitez has had his "own" side...what has he won in Europe?

silly statement to be fair mate. If Grant wins the european cup with chelsea then he deserves plenty of praise because with the same group of players Mourinho didn't win the european cup.

Firstly that team was not a championship winning team like chelsea's , spent alot and rafa only spent big on xabi in the summer so to compare rafa's team to them is pointless. It was GH team no wonder we won the cl eh , remind me again john hw many times did we win the cl with GH team? Secondly IF he wins it , it all boils down to his tatics and he deserves praise for that
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Number 9 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:prediction time and as we know I've not been bad with these of late.

obvious ones to start with...plenty of changes, at least five from the Fulham game. Torres and Gerrard both to start. Carra at right back.

not so obvious I've a sneaking feeling that Pennant will start on the right and Kuyt on the left. I can see Benitez being weary of Joe Cole or Wright-Phillips and will want Kuyt to help out over there. Probably feels Carra is a good enough defender to make do with Anelka/Kalou or any other of their left wingers.

Result...2-0. Torres within the first 20 minutes and a Fabio Aurelio free kick around the hour mark.

Now you know what's gonna happen are you more confident :D (can't wait for one of me predictions to be arse above tit so people can get on me back over it)

Yeah We will start our biggest game of the season with about 3 players out of their best positions!
You are right ................at being the wrongest poster ever!
Jesus on a sidecar,lad do you read what you write?
I was'nt here when you joined up but One can only prey for the poor folk that were present when u got out of your egg!!

:laugh: pmsl
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red H » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:45 pm

At the risk of being ridiculed how do people feel about playing Pennant, instead of Kuyt ?

My basic argument is attacking flair, over work rate.  Pennant put in a MOM performance on Saturday, and I feel at home we need to have a two goal buffer to take to Stamford Bridge, and I just see more chances of goals scored with Pennant on the pitch.  I know he has had some decidedly indiffernt performances this season, but I also think he was our best player in the Final last year.  He will give Asley Cole something to think about, and take a bit of creative pressure off Gerrard. Plus it wouldn't hurt to give us a bit of a surprise factor
Red H

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Why dump Kuyt? Other than Torres and maybe Gerrard, he's been our best player in the last month or two. If you're gonna be putting Pennant in, going ahead of Babel is the way to go - but he obviously doesnt play on the left.
Seano Kop

Postby username » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:40 pm

But Pennnt has played good on the left :D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Red H » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:45 pm

Hardest working maybe, not sure about best.
I suspect Pennant's got no chance of playing, Yossi will be first sub, on about 60/65mins. Unless we aren't at least 1-0 up
Red H

Postby destro » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:46 pm

Lee J wrote:i dont reckon it'll happen but I wonder what price i'd get for Torres to score his first champuions league hat trick?

Ladbrokes offer 33/1 for a Torres hat trick

9/2 First scorer
6/4 to score at any time
9/2 Last scorer
destro

Postby Seano Kop » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Torres is odds on favourite to get a hat trick if someone had to get one, if that helps (which it doesnt)
Seano Kop

Postby europian-kings » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:48 pm

i agree with what some people are saying baout pennant. i know he won't start but even if he just comes on for the final 30 minutes and has one of his better games he could make all the difference. He can beat players and put a decent ball in, so maybe bring on crouchy and pennant for the final 20/30 if we are struggling. Hope this isnt the case though :)
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby JBM » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:03 am

Red H wrote:At the risk of being ridiculed how do people feel about playing Pennant, instead of Kuyt ?

My basic argument is attacking flair, over work rate.  Pennant put in a MOM performance on Saturday, and I feel at home we need to have a two goal buffer to take to Stamford Bridge, and I just see more chances of goals scored with Pennant on the pitch.  I know he has had some decidedly indiffernt performances this season, but I also think he was our best player in the Final last year.  He will give Asley Cole something to think about, and take a bit of creative pressure off Gerrard. Plus it wouldn't hurt to give us a bit of a surprise factor

Could work provided we go 4-4-2 with Crouch Starting
JBM

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:40 am

Don't expect any surprises from Rafa this time around. It will be 4-2-3-1 with Carra at Right-Back and Kuyt and Babel on the flanks. I'm desperate to see Carra play at CB and would play Finnan but am still pretty happy with that line-up. I guess Babel will start but i do wonder if he would be more effective coming on as a sub when opposition legs are tiring a bit and if he doesn't start a game well he tends to dissapear all together.. Kuyt should play and fully deserves his spot in the team right now. His industry and work-rate will be much needed and his energy (along with Masch) is very important (and also underated) in terms of setting the type of tempo we play at when we lose the ball. We're an excellent side when we press the ball and play high, lousy the minute we start to drop off. It will be a big factor tomorrow (make that tonight) night.

I can't fookin wait. Am a mixture of nerves, excitement and jetlag! Can't bloody sleep!
Last edited by Scottbot on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:58 am

Scottbot wrote:Don't expect any surprises from Rafa this time around. It will be 4-2-3-1 with Carra at Right-Back and Kuyt and Babel on the flanks. I'm desperate to see Carra play at CB and would play Finnan but am still pretty happy with that line-up. I guess Babel will start but i do wonder if he would be more effective coming on as a sub when opposition legs are tiring a bit and if he doesn't start a game well he tends to dissapear all together.. Kuyt should play and fully deserves his spot in the team right now. His industry and work-rate will be much needed and his energy (along with Masch) is very important (and also underated) in terms of setting the type of tempo we play at when we lose the ball. We're an excellent side when we press the ball and play high, lousy the minute we start to drop off. It will be a big factor tomorrow (make that tonight) night.

I can't fookin wait. Am a mixture of nerves, excitement and jetlag! Can't bloody sleep!

How was the rest of the trip, Scott?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:07 am

Bad Bob wrote:How was the rest of the trip, Scott?

Had a great time thanks mate. Ten days in Whistler, stayed in a cracking chalet, had decent snow conditions and the mountain was awesome plus you Canadians seem to be a friendly bunch! Straight back to work today, got a seriously busy week ahead and another very late (and glorious!) night ahead of me tonight. Been walking around in a daze all day, guess it'll take a few days to get back in sink.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion