CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 30/04/08 7.45pm - Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:37 pm

I hope Grant's feelings about the prem and the CL are the exact oppo of Rafa's

:D

Note: that was a joke Sabre. :D  You Know I'm a PRO kinda guy :;):
JoeTerp

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:48 pm

Where are these comments about Gerrard from Grant?  I didn't read any papers over the weekend. 

Anything on the 'arl interweb about it?  Any linky?
jonnymac1979

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:00 pm

Was in a couple of papers that Grant wants Gerrard at Chelsea next season. Hopefully just the usual cr@p before a big game. Said Gerrard may go as he wants a League title and is unhappy with H&G etc.todays reaction to Grant - Telegraph
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:05 pm

uncle fester is completely clueless, and i doubt he will have the tactical know how to win this one!

he inherited a team that seems to win when they dont listen to him. When he made wholesale changes, his team come unstuck. I firmly believe that the occassion will be too much for Chelsea.

maybe next season for them
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby poolboyuk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:09 pm

Seems to me our team against Chelsea will likely be a physical back four, with Carragher, Srktel and Hyppia all playing and Aurelio. The rest of the team will be Rafa's favoured boys of Babel, Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard, Kuyt and Torres in his 4-2-3-1 formation.

Its no coincidence to me that our best results have come when we have got Alonso, Mascherano & Gerrard all in our midfield. Put them with Torres and we're cookin'!!
poolboyuk

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:14 pm

just seen on BBC that Gerrard trained today ok, which is good. Loved Rafa's quote on how to tell if he's fit or not ..

He added: "We will talk with the doctor. The player will say he wants to play but there's an easy way of finding out whether he's fit.

"I will come up and tap him on the left shoulder and if he turns to face me without any pain, we will know he can play."

rafa seems really laid back recently. :cool:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:23 pm

Really looking forward to this one. I was more fearful of Arsenal to be honest and I think Chelsea will have one eye on the game with Utd on Saturday.

2-0
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:31 pm

i dont reckon it'll happen but I wonder what price i'd get for Torres to score his first champuions league hat trick?
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Lee J wrote:just seen on BBC that Gerrard trained today ok, which is good. Loved Rafa's quote on how to tell if he's fit or not ..

He added: "We will talk with the doctor. The player will say he wants to play but there's an easy way of finding out whether he's fit.

"I will come up and tap him on the left shoulder and if he turns to face me without any pain, we will know he can play."

Rafa wouldn't be that laid back about it if he thought this injury would genuinely stop Gerrard from playing.  I think that's the biggest indicator that Gerrard will play.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:16 pm

Lee J wrote:just seen on BBC that Gerrard trained today ok, which is good. Loved Rafa's quote on how to tell if he's fit or not ..

lol great one from Rafa.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:23 pm

he's one coooooooooooollll  geeza  :cool:
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:33 pm

One more big night lads......just one more "big anfield night" and we should be to our 3rd final in 4 yours  :buttrock

If the crowd do their part and each of our players give 100%...it should be sufficient to see out chelsea..
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1982 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Sami Hatrick!!!!
LFC1982

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Sly-sports

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has confirmed Steven Gerrard is fit to face Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League.

The Reds welcome Chelsea to Anfield on Tuesday for the first leg of their semi-final meeting as the two domestic rivals prepare to cross swords in the final four in Europe for the third time.

It had been feared Liverpool skipper Gerrard could miss the encounter on Merseyside after sitting out his side's weekend victory away at Fulham in the Premier League with a neck injury.

However, Benitez has given Gerrard the all-clear to play and the midfielder will lead Liverpool out against Chelsea.

"He is fit," Benitez told Sky Sports News on Monday. "He was training this morning and so he is okay."

Speculation

Meanwhile, Benitez has played down speculation that Avram Grant will make a summer move for Gerrard after the Chelsea manager was recently quoted as saying he was eager to sign the England star.

Benitez claims he would praise Chelsea players Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard in a similar fashion if he was asked the same questions as Grant.

"When you have so much experience you know that normally these things can happen," said Benitez.

"If you ask me about Drogba or Lampard or someone, then I would say that they are very good players.

"But it is not really important. Everybody knows that Gerrard is a good player and is a key player for us.

Commitment

"At this stage we have enough experience and we know that if someone asked me, or someone asked Avram Grant, we will talk really well about a player.

"When we were playing against Internazionale (in the last 16) Gerrard was one of the names. People were saying, 'Inter want Gerrard'.

"Hopefully it will be the same in the final against Barcelona or United.

"Steven Gerrard is a fantastic, focused player. His commitment to Liverpool is 100 per cent."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:10 pm

kazza wrote:I feel more nervous for this one than the last two. I just hope the law of averages do not catch up with us this time. Not having Gerrard will hurt but if the truth be known he never really plays well against them but having said that we still need him as maybe this time he is due to play well against them.

We play better as underdogs and we are probably favourites to win this one so we cannot take this game for granted.I sense that Ballack will be the one to watch.

Dont want to be piccy mate but Gerrard at home to Chelsea this season was mom by a country mile, bossed the game from start to finish, one of his best performances against one of the top3.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion