CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 30/04/08 7.45pm - Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:58 pm

Number 9 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:prediction time and as we know I've not been bad with these of late.

obvious ones to start with...plenty of changes, at least five from the Fulham game. Torres and Gerrard both to start. Carra at right back.

not so obvious I've a sneaking feeling that Pennant will start on the right and Kuyt on the left. I can see Benitez being weary of Joe Cole or Wright-Phillips and will want Kuyt to help out over there. Probably feels Carra is a good enough defender to make do with Anelka/Kalou or any other of their left wingers.

Result...2-0. Torres within the first 20 minutes and a Fabio Aurelio free kick around the hour mark.

Now you know what's gonna happen are you more confident :D (can't wait for one of me predictions to be arse above tit so people can get on me back over it)

Yeah We will start our biggest game of the season with about 3 players out of their best positions!
You are right ................at being the wrongest poster ever!
Jesus on a sidecar,lad do you read what you write?
I was'nt here when you joined up but One can only prey for the poor folk that were present when u got out of your egg!!

did you see the Arsenal game at Anfield in the second leg of the champions league? Did you see Carra at right back? Did you see Kuyt at right mid? Did you see Gerrard left mid? Three players out of their best positions...we won 4-2.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:prediction time and as we know I've not been bad with these of late.

obvious ones to start with...plenty of changes, at least five from the Fulham game. Torres and Gerrard both to start. Carra at right back.

not so obvious I've a sneaking feeling that Pennant will start on the right and Kuyt on the left. I can see Benitez being weary of Joe Cole or Wright-Phillips and will want Kuyt to help out over there. Probably feels Carra is a good enough defender to make do with Anelka/Kalou or any other of their left wingers.

Result...2-0. Torres within the first 20 minutes and a Fabio Aurelio free kick around the hour mark.

Now you know what's gonna happen are you more confident :D (can't wait for one of me predictions to be arse above tit so people can get on me back over it)

Yeah We will start our biggest game of the season with about 3 players out of their best positions!
You are right ................at being the wrongest poster ever!
Jesus on a sidecar,lad do you read what you write?
I was'nt here when you joined up but One can only prey for the poor folk that were present when u got out of your egg!!

did you see the Arsenal game at Anfield in the second leg of the champions league? Did you see Carra at right back? Did you see Kuyt at right mid? Did you see Gerrard left mid? Three players out of their best positions...we won 4-2.

I think your monkey magic! :D

Firstly we wont play gerrard on the left,secondly we will not put Carra at right back!
Thirdly Pennant will be on the bench where he belongs!

And yes i did watch the game fella! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Press kit from UEFA.COM ahead of the game.

http://www.uefa.com/printou...._pk.pdf

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:04 am

Nice PDF! :D

So whats the latest on Stevie? It didnt seem to good this morning reading the Metro. Will he maybe take an injection to kill the pain so he can play?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:09 am

bavlondon wrote:Nice PDF! :D

So whats the latest on Stevie? It didnt seem to good this morning reading the Metro. Will he maybe take an injection to kill the pain so he can play?

An injection in his neck??  I doubt it

He will play, I think Benitez is deliberately making more of this injury than it really is just to play with Chelsea.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:16 am

Number 9 wrote:Thirdly Pennant will be on the bench where he belongs!

Pennant belongs on the pitch, just not in a Liverpool shirt. People whined and whined about rotation, but it's funny how consistent selection doesn't stop them wanting to put out a different team!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 am

Reina

Finnan    Skrtel     Hyypia   Carra

Kuyt  Masch   Gerrard  Alonso Babel

Torres

Play Carra left back as most of Chelsea's goals against us have tended to come from crosses from our left. I would have liked to play Riise instead of Babel but I thought he had a bit of a 'mare against Fulham so maybe stick with Babel or maybe bring Aurelio in as left mid.

If Gerrard is not fit I think we will go 4-4-2 rather than play Lucas with Crouch getting the nod.

A very tight game with few chances. 2-0 if Gerrard is fit, maybe only 1-0 if he doesn't play. 

Abramovich will be desperate to win this one with the final being in Moscow, so lets hope we put in a great performance an make the second leg a formality.
account deleted by request

Postby maguskwt » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:59 am

Gerrard will play... and he'll score... he told me that...  :eyebrow
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:22 am

i'm beginning to brick it a little bit to be honest. second leg at stamford bridge, drogba, ballack and lumpard all coming back, gerrard unable to look to his left :D

we absolutely have to keep a clean sheet at anfield, anything less than a 2-0 win is going to leave us a lot of work to do in the return.

there you go, absolutely nothing new to contribute

:laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:26 am

can you see a stiff neck stopping stevie G playing against chelsea in a huge game like this? i dont tink so, he'd be on that pitch with any injury given half the chance.

wont be easy, could be 0-0 to be honest. :(  but a 2 goal cushion would be as good as it gets

Who would play big Sammi in this game then? I would.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:27 am

i think he'll be fitted with mirrors

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:52 am

I'm honestly more confident about the semi's than i was about the quarters against the gooners. THe main thing is keeping a clean sheet in the first leg . Without wanting to sound overly confident (because we don't do bigging ourselves up do we) chelsea are not as good as they have been over the past couple of years and we are playing with alot of confidence. Liverpool in europe are the team to fear and our team and managers pedigree is second to none. If we keep our defensive discipline over the two legs ,the rest will take care of itself.

We'll be fine . COME ON REDMEN !!!!
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:06 pm

They will be without Essien in the first leg, very important to score a few, then get one at the Bridge and ride it out
JoeTerp

Postby Judge » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:14 pm

andy_g wrote:i'm beginning to brick it a little bit to be honest. second leg at stamford bridge, drogba, ballack and lumpard all coming back, gerrard unable to look to his left :D

we absolutely have to keep a clean sheet at anfield, anything less than a 2-0 win is going to leave us a lot of work to do in the return.

there you go, absolutely nothing new to contribute

:laugh:

last time you said you were bricking it, we won

as for stevie g, play him on the left touchline :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:29 pm

JoeTerp wrote:They will be without Essien in the first leg, very important to score a few, then get one at the Bridge and ride it out

Apparently Drogba is doubtful too but it could just be mind games.  Speaking of, how calm has this build up been without Jose?  Grant's trying to do his best with the comments about Gerrard but: (a) he won't even be there next season and (b) half of his own players don't want to play for him (including a fellow Israeli) so how's he going to sign Stevie? :D
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion