Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:10 am

Fu.ck all to be nervous about!!
Its only Chelsea:D :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:33 am

Radio 5 live

Gerrard rated as having only a 10% chance of playing on Tuesday.

not good news.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 pm

lakes10 wrote:Radio 5 live

not good news.

I wonder how they came to that conclusion though..
skatesy

Postby destro » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:47 pm

:laugh: I would put my life on Stevie playing, I remember the good old days when Kenny would come out and say Digger might not be able to play, fast forward to the next game and he would be there :D these mind games went on long before Ferguson started them. The physcological edge we have over them will play a big part, they have failed to beat us in three semi finals already, two of those in the Champions League I think we should get to keep them when we beat them this time :;):
destro

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:10 pm

skatesy wrote:

not good news.

Not sure mate, i just feel its a game that Rafa is playing.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:47 pm

lakes10 wrote:
skatesy wrote:

not good news.

Not sure mate, i just feel its a game that Rafa is playing.

Here have a hanky just in case!!!
LAKES FFS SAY SUMMIT GOOD!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:27 pm

bigmick wrote:I'll concede to any detractors that he's no Mourinho, but living over here and not getting the press coverage I must have missed what it is that makes people dislike him so much. His record is pretty good it seems to me and he doesn't seem too odious a personality either.

It's pretty much down to the media mate. They don't like him (so neither dot he fans), no doubt they miss Maureen. Even now they don't seem to really consider Chelsea a threat to the title despite the fact they are just 3 points off the top. You can guarantee if Maureen was still there they would be creaming themselves over his battle with Fergie and all the hyperbole that goes with it. I don't have a problem with the guy, you can't really knock his record this season and he's a gentlemen from what i can tell. His attempts at a bit of mind games re: Gerrard this morning are pretty out of character and really don't suit him. If anything it will have puzzled (and possibly pis.sed off) Lampard.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:38 pm

bigmick wrote:My main concern from a "match up" point of view, and I know I'll put a couple of noses out of joint here is that of Skyrtel and Drogba. The young fella has come into our team and aside from a truly awful performance at Old Trafford, has largely aquitted himself fairly well. He has looked strong and combative, which is kind of my worry. Drogba is as strong as an ox, as sly as a fox and as wily as something really wily in a box (couldn't think of the third part, ah well :D) and isn't one i don't think to be testing your strength against. Agger got much criticism for being outmuscled by Drogba a season or so ago, but in the main i think plays him very well. He doesn't try and fight fire with fire, he goes for kind of more of a mongoose and snake approach and relies on his quick mind and positional sense to nullify the Ivorian (not sure if that's right that iverian bit). Any magnetism which the ball might have to Skyrtels eyes, any tendency to sleep will be exposed if it happens. Hyppia probably stil has nightmares about the 1-4 game of a couple of years back (although it's probably possible to make him a video which suggests it was mostly Traore's fault) and Skyrtel is going to need to put in his best ever two performances in a Liverpool shirt for us to progress.

Am equally concerned mate. I don't like Carra at RB in big games and never will. He MUST play in the centre for me and i'd look to get Finnan back where he belongs. Carra's performance against Drogba in last years Semi-final at Anfield was the best (live) performance i've ever seen by a centre-half. He was absolutely awesome. Agger was very much the junior partner in that game with Carra getting tight and Agger dropping off spare and Riise tucking in everytime they looked for Drogba's head. Carra is a very clever player and everytime they hoofed it up to Drogba he did just enough to put the big man off-balance, often with a little push, or with the way he uses his body when the ball is in the air and the referees eyes are on the ball. I don't go the game often enough to appreciate this stuff but i've no doubt we will need him to look after Drogba (if he's fit) this time around.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:44 pm

I hope we can get a goal advantage as a minimum to take into the 2nd leg. A 0-0 wouldn't be too bad, but it'd be nice to have something we can look to hold onto, and possibly build upon for the 2nd leg.

I think playing the 1st leg at home will change the feel of the tie this time round. Chelsea don't play expansive football away from home, and under Grant they've often just absorbed the pressure then nicked a goal on the counter. I think they might try and play more aggressively on the counter in this game as they'll know how invaluable an away goal would be. Their home record his solid, which would make an away goal even more important.
LFC2007

Postby RedBlood » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:44 pm

reina

carra     skrtel     hyypia     auerillo

mascherano     alonso

kuyt             gerrard            babel

torres

stick to whats working i reckon

prediction: 1-0 to the reds :cool:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:46 pm

I'd rather have Mascherano on the other side since Babel ain't the best of defenders.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:14 pm

RedBlood wrote:reina

mascherano     alonso

torres

Im a greedy B.astard i dont think a 1-0 at Anfield will be good enough i wont feel safe with a 1-0 put it that way . We need to win at least 2-0 as long as we dont concede ill be made up.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:17 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
RedBlood wrote:reina

mascherano     alonso

torres

Im a greedy B.astard i dont think a 1-0 at Anfield will be good enough i wont feel safe with a 1-0 put it that way . We need to win at least 2-0 as long as we dont concede ill be made up.

i agree nanny i would love a 2goal cussion for the next leg but i wouldnt be dissapointed with a 1-0 victory, it would give us a good platform to build on at the bridge and would mean only one team could score an away goal  :D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:38 pm

prediction time and as we know I've not been bad with these of late.

obvious ones to start with...plenty of changes, at least five from the Fulham game. Torres and Gerrard both to start. Carra at right back.

not so obvious I've a sneaking feeling that Pennant will start on the right and Kuyt on the left. I can see Benitez being weary of Joe Cole or Wright-Phillips and will want Kuyt to help out over there. Probably feels Carra is a good enough defender to make do with Anelka/Kalou or any other of their left wingers.

Result...2-0. Torres within the first 20 minutes and a Fabio Aurelio free kick around the hour mark.

Now you know what's gonna happen are you more confident :D (can't wait for one of me predictions to be arse above tit so people can get on me back over it)
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Number 9 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:54 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:prediction time and as we know I've not been bad with these of late.

obvious ones to start with...plenty of changes, at least five from the Fulham game. Torres and Gerrard both to start. Carra at right back.

not so obvious I've a sneaking feeling that Pennant will start on the right and Kuyt on the left. I can see Benitez being weary of Joe Cole or Wright-Phillips and will want Kuyt to help out over there. Probably feels Carra is a good enough defender to make do with Anelka/Kalou or any other of their left wingers.

Result...2-0. Torres within the first 20 minutes and a Fabio Aurelio free kick around the hour mark.

Now you know what's gonna happen are you more confident :D (can't wait for one of me predictions to be arse above tit so people can get on me back over it)

Yeah We will start our biggest game of the season with about 3 players out of their best positions!
You are right ................at being the wrongest poster ever!
Jesus on a sidecar,lad do you read what you write?
I was'nt here when you joined up but One can only prey for the poor folk that were present when u got out of your egg!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion