CHELSEA vs LIVERPOOL: 30/04/08 7.45pm - Champions League Semi Final - 2nd Leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:04 am

Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
The_Rock wrote:4-3-2-1 is the way to go.......

But i prefer if benayoun played on the left instead of babel...even pennant will do fine there. Babel just can't start a game well...But as a sub....he does make a difference...

Reina
     Arbeloa    Carra    Skertel   Auerlio
                 Alonso   Mash
         Kuyt                      Benayoun/pennant
                     Gerrard
                      Torres

no sami, why is that rock?

Should be lack of pace against drogba , i don't think sami can handle drogba , he's fast and strong . Carra seems more ideal to take him and i think we'll see the return of finnan to right back or arbeloa

yeah but he is a tower in the air sami, good point on the pace though
112-1077774096

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:05 am

peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Just a brief exchange of pleasantries, ladies...no need to get your knickers in a twist.  :kungfu: Or maybe Peewee would like to run and complain to Supersub again.  :

:laugh: , here we go agai

seems like someone else can see where it all started as well, ho hum    :;):

Bad day pee wee?  :D

no mate i am having a great day as always, just getting a little bored being followed round by someone trying to pick holes in everything i write in an attempt to belittle me, gets a bit tedious after a while    :D

Well good news is that lando is back  :D and bob is currently online so you should be expecting a reply soon and mate i always believe it takes 2 hands to clap and the bigger man to end the arguement
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:06 am

peewee wrote:

But i prefer if benayoun played on the left instead of babel...even pennant will do fine there. Babel just can't start a game well...But as a sub....he does make a difference...

Reina
                 Alonso   Mash
                     Gerrard
                      Torres

Well hyppia always has a sh1t game against drogba... But i can see where you are going with this as chelsea will have a lots of aerial threat with drogba, ballack, terry and carvellho..

Not really a fan of carra as a RB.....but guess rafa will pick

carra  Skertel   Hyppia   auerlia as the back 4...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:07 am

peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:

Reina
                 Alonso   Mash
                     Gerrard
                      Torres

Should be lack of pace against drogba , i don't think sami can handle drogba , he's fast and strong . Carra seems more ideal to take him and i think we'll see the return of finnan to right back or arbeloa

yeah but he is a tower in the air sami, good point on the pace though

That could also be crucial for us his aerial ability as chelsea like to play the long ball up to drogba and sami's aerial ability would clearly be an assest there . Rafa has decisons to make and not easy ones , would hate to be him in this position and also i think sami will start  carra at right back , skrtel and sami in the middle with either aurelio or riise at left
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:09 am

Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Just a brief exchange of pleasantries, ladies...no need to get your knickers in a twist.  Or maybe Peewee would like to run and complain to Supersub again.  :

Bad day pee wee?

no mate i am having a great day as always, just getting a little bored being followed round by someone trying to pick holes in everything i write in an attempt to belittle me, gets a bit tedious after a while    :D

Well good news is that lando is back  :D and bob is currently online so you should be expecting a reply soon and mate i always believe it takes 2 hands to clap and the bigger man to end the arguement

well bob said he was going to bed on the previous page and he ended it at that point as he is the bigger man    :D  so i am not expecting a continuation

as for lando, i have no problems with him anymore mate, we reached and agreement and we have both stuck to it, fair play to him

anyway lets stick to the game
112-1077774096

Postby The_Rock » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:12 am

peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:

Reina
                 Alonso   Mash
                     Gerrard
                      Torres

Bolton , Manu , in the first half , Derby are just some games which i can recall that babel has started and played well , i fancy babel to start on the left as chelsea's right side is weak and i fancy him to have a good game today , yossi maybe coming on when its 60 minutes or so if babel has made no impact or if we are chasing / drawing the current game

babel also has that extra pace to use against the carthorse terry, I can't see yossi starting to be honest, and i think riise will get the nod over aurelio

Yeah..hope riise starts.....he always scores against chelsea in the big matches...(ie..league cup final, fa cup semi final, charity shield...well maybe not... :p). But i think with rafa not starting auerlio against fullham...he is almost virtually guarenteed to start....

But personally i prefer riise to auerlio....you can never know....his 30 ft long range missles might finally go in against chelsea....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muzodziwa » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:12 am

with chelsea pace is not their greatest asset apart from their left side with the coles, it is their aerial ability which poses a threat, and away from stamford bridge i see a lot of balls being hoofed into our box, also the absence of essien will increase the likelihood of projectiles into our box.
muzodziwa

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:17 am

peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Just a brief exchange of pleasantries, ladies...no need to get your knickers in a twist.  Or maybe Peewee would like to run and complain to Supersub again.  :

Bad day pee wee?

well bob said he was going to bed on the previous page and he ended it at that point as he is the bigger man    :D  so i am not expecting a continuation

as for lando, i have no problems with him anymore mate, we reached and agreement and we have both stuck to it, fair play to him

anyway lets stick to the game

I shud have made it clearer , i meant lando back in a good way as in for the forum , always good to have a dose of comedy in the forum .
Last edited by Toffeehater on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:20 am

Toffeehater wrote:i meant lando back in a good things as in for the forum , always good to have a dose of comedy in the forum .

i wouldn't go that far    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 am

Grant adds spice to semis with praise for Gerrard

LONDON: Avram Grant may have been almost monosyllabic after Chelsea beat Everton last week but his comments about Liverpool skipper Steven Gerrard are sure to add some spice to their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.

Liverpool meet Chelsea for the third time in four seasons with a place in the Champions League final at stake and the Chelsea coach was full of praise for Gerrard before the first leg against the five-time European champions.

"Gerrard is a great player and a great person," Grant was widely quoted as saying in British Sunday newspapers. "For me, he is the player of the year in England, and maybe in Europe because of the influence he has on the team.

"I like him as a player very much and I know him, he is a nice guy and an example to others. He plays against me but he is still my favorite player and if you can bring him to me, I would be very happy."

Chelsea made two attempts to sign Gerrard under Grant's predecessor Jose Mourinho and the England midfielder was close to signing, first for 20 million pounds ($40 million) in 2004 and for 32 million pounds the following summer.

Chelsea also failed in two attempts to beat Liverpool at this stage of the competition under Mourinho, in 2005 when it lost 1-0 on aggregate and again last year when it went out on penalties at Anfield after being locked at 1-1 on aggregate.

With just three goals scored in six Champions League meetings, another closely fought battle looks likely.

However, unlike the semis of 2005 and last year, Liverpool is at home in the first leg and will have to go for goals at Anfield because Chelsea is formidable at Stamford Bridge, where it has not lost to English opposition for over four years.

Going for goals at Anfield though, is one thing Liverpool do well, especially on European nights.

In November it set a Champions League record when beating Besiktas 8-0 in the group stage and two weeks ago it beat Arsenal 4-2 in one of the greatest European games played at the ground.

Another factor in Liverpool's favor is that it last lost at this stage in the hunt for the European Cup in 1965.

However, it will be up against Chelsea players who will be utterly determined not to suffer another semifinal defeat by Liverpool.

The London side gave a gritty, resolute performance on Merseyside on Thursday when it won 1-0 at Everton to keep alive its Premier League title hopes.

Captain Frank Lampard, whose possible departure in the summer could facilitate the arrival of Gerrard, said the team would not be motivated by revenge against Liverpool.

"The best thing we can take from those defeats is the memory of the feeling that hits you at the final whistle. It's the worst you can have," he said.

Chelsea will be without the suspended Michael Essien for the first leg with Michael Ballack expected to replace him in midfield.

Source: China Daily/Agencies
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:06 am

Muppet on SSN just said "Fabiano Aurelio". Knob head.

And this other :censored: keeps pronouncing his name as "Gillit"

I thought these people are supposed to be experts they cant even get the fecking names right.
Last edited by tubby on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:04 am

getting very nnnnneeeeerrrrvvvoooouuuusssssssssss

:sniffle

life is going to be unbearable until this tie is put to bed - i hope to god we win 4-0 tonight at least or i'm off to whistler. it sounds very nice.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:15 am

Yeah we need a really good performance but I dont think 4-0 will happen. We must not concede though. I think 2-0 would be a good result for us and one that we are more than capable of. I just hope Stevie will be at 100%.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Marcos » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:44 am

Come on chelsea ! :) :) :)
Marcos

Postby Seano Kop » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:52 am

I'm hoping Torres on song from the 1st second to the end of the game tonight and puts on an absolute blinder (again). I want this to be his best game of the season striker wise and give the scorers PLENTY of trouble.
Seano Kop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion