CHELSEA VS LIVERPOOL 19.45 BST - All the discussion for the CL game

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:22 pm

I just don't see the point in risking injury to any of our key-players for a match which rates far lower compared to our forthcoming premiership games and would also be silly to hinder the opportunity to win another piece of silverware in Japan
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:29 pm

me neither..

carson

finnan   carra    josemi  warnock

potter   sissoko  hamman   kewell

ping pong    cisse

Lets saunter in the bridge and have a kick around and show them we really aren't that bothered...  We're through!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Cisse2bking » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:30 pm

it would be nice to see flo and cisse up top.
They are expecting us to feild crouch or mo and play a ball up to them but i dont think either are good enough in the air to compete with Terry. would not suprise me if chelsea start robert huth to add some height.
The way to go is to not play the way they think we will. play with two quick front me and try and get down the channels and in behind
They have only 18 fit squad players to chose from tonight so there might be some weakness there
Cisse2bking

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:35 pm

Cisse2bking wrote:it would be nice to see flo and cisse up top.
They are expecting us to feild crouch or mo and play a ball up to them but i dont think either are good enough in the air to compete with Terry. would not suprise me if chelsea start robert huth to add some height.
The way to go is to not play the way they think we will. play with two quick front me and try and get down the channels and in behind
They have only 18 fit squad players to chose from tonight so there might be some weakness there

I thank you! :buttrock
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:37 pm

In the echo it says Carson, Josemi and Traore might be playing :sniffle
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:40 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:In the echo it says Carson, Josemi and Traore might be playing :sniffle

good god :O
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:42 pm

stmichael wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:In the echo it says Carson, Josemi and Traore might be playing :sniffle

:suspect:

Carson poised for Euro chance Dec 6 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is considering thrusting Scott Carson into Champions League duty against Chelsea tonight.

The Liverpool boss is mulling over the possibility of resting Pepe Reina, who is one booking away from suspension in Europe.

Benitez won't make a final decision on his goalkeeper until just before kick-off, but he was toying with the idea of leaving Reina on Merseyside with Xabi Alonso yesterday.

Only an illness to Jerzy Dudek ensured Reina travelled to London with the rest of team.

The indications are that Carson will get his chance. The 20-year-old hasn't featured since the Crystal Palace defeat in the Carling Cup, but Benitez is anxious for the youngster to get as much experience as possible.

The only concern Benitez has is Chelsea's route-one style. Reina has excelled so far in dealing with dangerous high balls into the Liverpool box.

Benitez clearly sees the fixture as 'a dead rubber' in qualification terms.

There are sure to be several changes from the side which has won six league games on the run and hasn't conceded a goal since the Carling Cup exit.

Fringe players like Josemi and Djimi Traore are in the frame to start, while Momo Sissoko's domestic ban doesn't apply in Europe.

One player desperate to be involved is Sami Hyypia, who is on the brink of a Liverpool honour tonight.

If selected, Hyypia breaks Chris Lawler's Liverpool record for an outfield player by starting his 56th consecutive European game.

It would also be his 48th game in this competition for the club, and only Phil Neal, with 57, has made more appearances for Liverpool in the European Cup.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:44 pm

i've got a fiver on us to win this game. i got 5/1 for us to win outright. if traore or josemi are anywhere near the team sheet i might as well tear up my betting slip now. :down:

by the way 5/1 for the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS to win a european cuptie must be some kind of record. :kungfu:
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:49 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
stmichael wrote:

:suspect:

Carson poised for Euro chance Dec 6 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ is considering thrusting Scott Carson into Champions League duty against Chelsea tonight.

The Liverpool boss is mulling over the possibility of resting Pepe Reina, who is one booking away from suspension in Europe.

Benitez won't make a final decision on his goalkeeper until just before kick-off, but he was toying with the idea of leaving Reina on Merseyside with Xabi Alonso yesterday.

Only an illness to Jerzy Dudek ensured Reina travelled to London with the rest of team.

The indications are that Carson will get his chance. The 20-year-old hasn't featured since the Crystal Palace defeat in the Carling Cup, but Benitez is anxious for the youngster to get as much experience as possible.

The only concern Benitez has is Chelsea's route-one style. Reina has excelled so far in dealing with dangerous high balls into the Liverpool box.

Benitez clearly sees the fixture as 'a dead rubber' in qualification terms.

There are sure to be several changes from the side which has won six league games on the run and hasn't conceded a goal since the Carling Cup exit.

Fringe players like Josemi and Djimi Traore are in the frame to start, while Momo Sissoko's domestic ban doesn't apply in Europe.

One player desperate to be involved is Sami Hyypia, who is on the brink of a Liverpool honour tonight.

If selected, Hyypia breaks Chris Lawler's Liverpool record for an outfield player by starting his 56th consecutive European game.

It would also be his 48th game in this competition for the club, and only Phil Neal, with 57, has made more appearances for Liverpool in the European Cup.

If reina and Alonso dont play are they still on 2 bookings in the ko stage ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:02 pm

Another downside of tonight is having to watch the game on ITV. Great!! We can look forward to an evening of -

Not concentrating on what Gaby's saying cos we're picturing her nude.

The Champion's League/European Cup winning knowledge and experience of Robbie Earle.

Andy Townsend and Ally McCoist climbing off each other for long enough to stand on the pitch at half time and talk nonsense.

Ally to say something unrelated to the game and very unfunny in a link back to Gaby who'll push out the worst fake laugh......since the last Ally's unfunny link.

Clive 'it's hard to tell where Manure's ar$e stops and I begin' Tyldesley and Jim Beglin (another ex red who doesn't have a good word to say about us anymore).

Adverts. :veryangry

Rant over, I can now breathe. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:10 pm

Gaby naked.............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   (Que Daydream music!)
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:15 pm

Let's see what our lineup could potentially be considering all the news provided:

Carson

Josemi  Carragher  Hyypia  Traore

Gerrard  Sissoko  Hamann  Kewell

Morientes  Pongolle

SUBS: Reina, Crouch, Cisse, Garcia, Warnock, Riise, Potter.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:17 pm

mmm, yea I would well pipe her!

On the game, you know my position on who we shud play! :;):
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:21 pm

wrighty (not mark!) wrote:mmm, yea I would well pipe her!

On the game, you know my position on who we shud play! :;):

Mark Wright doesn't play for us anymore? ???
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Garymac » Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:22 pm

Haha anyone hear Jose's interview about the game tonight on BBC sport haha, you will never guess which "Goal" he mentions again even though it doesnt bother him.

What a total c0ck he really must be, he goes on to say the best team will win the league but you can get luck in the champions league and thats what liverpool had.

I do care about tonight in all honesty and i want us to do these c*nts cos they embarrased us on are own patch last game.

COME ON YOU RED MEN  :buttrock
Garymac
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion