Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:06 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Benitez is resting Alonso
:D

???
jonnymac1979

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:14 pm

AlanHansen wrote:
wrighty (not mark!) wrote:who says we'll get hammered? You don't know what team Chelsea would put out. Neither do I but this is a good opportunity. no point risking key players in a match which is not dependent on us qualifying.

Great opportunity for the likes of Kewell, Barragan, Pongolle and cisse to shine. Team is not that weak.

You need to be firing on all cylinders to go against chelsea, I think Rafa will rest players - a bit of a risk because it might stop our moumentum, but there will be more important matches to come.

i do agree with you mate. That was my thinking as im sure a lot of people on here are thinking the same. Opportunities like this to rest key players are golden. We should take it.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:54 pm

The odds on a 3-2 win are 80-1, easy money my friends. I shall wager a tenner on it. We'll go 3-0 up no less and they'll pull 2 back when we've took a few of the 'big licks' off. No sponging on wednesday.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:01 pm

neil wrote:The odds on a 3-2 win are 80-1, easy money my friends. I shall wager a tenner on it. We'll go 3-0 up no less and they'll pull 2 back when we've took a few of the 'big licks' off. No sponging on wednesday.

That'd be a waste of money.
You might as well put it on Crouch to score first!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:35 pm

I cant wait to tomorrow night! Hopefully it will be a good game and we can get our revenge for that awful 4-1 defeat!
Its gonna be a hard game though and probably few goals!
A draw would be a good result,a win excellent and defeat unthinkable!

Id say both managers are desperate to win this game to avoid Barcelona! They are by far the best team in Europe this season and to draw them so early would be a tough challenge for us or Chelsea!
Im optomistic about the game,more so than the last time we played them!
Our teams on form and looking solid so its a good time to play them and the pressures kinda off! So hopefully the team can go out and enjoy the match and put the fu.ckers in their place!
How sweet if we beat them and they draw Barca and get put out 1st round in the knockouts!
66-1120597113

Postby redsince2001 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:53 pm

looking forward 2 a boring draw 2morow...............Again!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:18 pm

Didnt think this was worthy of a new thread , more applies to the build up  , and yes its a Chelski team member airing his views ,but i thought theyd be worth a read

Striker Didier Drogba has acknowledged Liverpool deserved to beat Chelsea and reach May's Champions League final.

Chelsea were beaten by a disputed goal from Luis Garcia in the second leg of their semi-final at Anfield.

The Premiership champions have always insisted Garcia's hooked shot did not cross the goalline before it was hacked clear by William Gallas.

But the goal was awarded and took Liverpool into the final where they dramatically beat AC Milan on penalties after coming back from a three-goal deficit.

"Let's not kid ourselves," said Drogba. "Why delude ourselves?

"Last season, Liverpool deserved their qualification. At Anfield we never found the flaw in their system, we couldn't break down their defensive lines.

"This season, logically speaking, the group favourites should be Liverpool, but realistically speaking, with the squad we've assembled over the last two seasons, we have to try to go further than the semi-finals again."

As fate would have it, the teams were drawn together again in the group stages of this season's Champions League.

"It was only a group stage game, the start of the competition," says Drogba in the latest Champions League magazine.

"So it was very different from last year's semi-final."

I wonder what Maureen thinks about the chink in solidarity this shows in the Chelsea team ?
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby liamac » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:22 pm

And another piece of news about Chelskis available players

Mourinho's options reduced
05 December 2005 20:21

Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho is down to his last 18 fully fit players for their final Champions League group game against Premiership rivals Liverpool tomorrow night.

Midfielders Claude Makelele (knee) and Joe Cole (calf) are out of the Group G encounter along with right-back Glen Johnson (ankle) and striker Hernan Crespo (rib).

Chelsea will rely on Didier Drogba or Eidur Gudjohnsen in attack while Dutch winger Arjen Robben is set to start following his return from injury against Middlesbrough on Saturday

So glad to see that little :censored: Cole out of action , i really cant stand the cheating diving little creap
:devil:
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:29 pm

All I want out of this game is a Clean Sheet, that would be excellent, keeps our run going and we would still top the group.

I dont think we should rest Carragher, Hyypia or Reina (i know he is suspended if he gets another yellow, but i doubt he will). There vitel so us and I know every ones banging on about squad rotation (understandable, I think everyone forgets we have already played 28 or 29 games this season already) but we cant afford to lose the momentemt.

Besides I doubt Mourinho will be resting the likes of Terry and Fat Frank. (I know they got a bigger squad).

We could do them in all, which would really give us a boost and really hammer there confidence. Makelele's out so this could really give Garcia and Gerrard the space to unlock them.

Crouchy for the winner!
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby nufc1986 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:29 am

I will be supporting liverpool tonight,i hope you lot get a win and top the group,it will show chelsea they are not the best! :D
nufc1986

Postby Ciggy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:40 am

Captions please.:D

Friggen hell Carra that stinks.

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:09 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Captions please.:D

I'm really amazed that he can get that tiny little thing in his mouth...let alone swallow!!!  :laugh:   :wwww

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:11 pm

I'd like to apologise for the above entry!!! :p  I don't know what came over me!!!!....

oops, I've done it again!!!   

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:12 pm

Here's my 2 cents:

Reina

Josemi  Carragher  Hyypia  Riise

Gerrard  Sissoko  Hamann  Kewell

Cisse  Pongolle

SUBS: Dudek, Potter, Garcia, Morientes, Finnan, Warnock, Crouch.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:08 pm

I can't see Rafa not playing Crouch, if we want to get a reasonable number of goals from him this season we're going to have to ride the wave! His confidence ain't going to last forever!

I reckon:

Reina

Josemi     Carragher     Hyypia     Warnock

Gerrard     Sissoko     Riise

Kewell

Crouch         Cisse
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion