Chelsea/gerrard - The plot thickens

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:32 pm

I'm not sure Cole, Duff, Parker & 20mill is realistic. Surely Chelsea couldn't be that desperate to sign the lad?

For me, i am almost tired of speculating. I know it's corny but there is usually a fire on the go when there is this much smoke in the media. However, i am not convinced the player has made up his mind what he wants to do. I'm sure Steven Gerrard wants to believe LFC will get back on track quick smart, but after carrying the team for an entire season is not so sure it will happen. More money and the belief he will definately win trophies at Chelsea is the temptation.

It is up to Benitez and Parry to convince him the future of Liverpool Football Club is a bright one. I wish Parry would grow the balls to fight for the player in public. His comments so far have done nothing but fuel the speculation.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:56 pm

If we got 20 million plus Duff, Parker and maybe Cole we'd have the most motivated players in the premiership.

Those three guys would feel like right idiots after being dumped by Chelsea after one year.  As well as that Chelsea are virtually stating that Gerrard is 3 or 4 times as good as each of them.  Point to prove is the term that comes to mind.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:18 pm

It is up to Benitez and Parry to convince him the future of Liverpool Football Club is a bright one. I wish Parry would grow the balls to fight for the player in public. His comments so far have done nothing but fuel the speculation.

Won't be at all surprised if it was Parry who wants to put Gerrard up for sale. With the Thai deal falling apart, LFC is in serious need of funds for rebuiding, and by playing hard to get (and adding fuel to the fire) they might just up Gerrard's price to £40~£50M mark (or £ plus players exchange). Why do you think he made his statement last week about possibility of Gerrard leaving? and why the silence all this while when the rumour mill is working overtime?

Look at all sides...don't just blame Gerrard for packing his bag. £40~50M is just too much for Parry to pass up! I smell rats...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:48 pm

Duff, Parker, JC + 20 millions? not a bad deal what! Would do it if he doesnt want to stay.....
whylongball?

Postby akumaface » Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:14 pm

I think one of the consideration is that SG is in top form and his value is never has been higher. So, if he doesn't take it, what happen if he get injured next year. He would never been able to command so much again. He is a fanstastic player but if we can get Duff, Parker and JC plue 20 to 40 millions back, I would it even if SG wanted to stay.:D
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:45 pm

Damien Duff's agent says that Duff doesn't want a move from Chelsea.

Kenyon said the other day that Mourinho fancies Joe Cole and he'll feature more for them next season.

I'd say Scott Parker is the most likely of the three in the event of a part exchange, although ultimately Benetiz must have the final say and not have Parry drop a player into his lap that he doesn't fancy.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:51 pm

All the speculation and conjecture will just increase your stress levels.Lets wait till the lad gets back from a well earned break and he and Benitez can sit down and sort it.I still have every expectation that SG will at least give it another season to see if we are on the up.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:56 pm

I'm still not convinced he's going (it could be Chelsea and his agent trying to engineer a move) although I wouldn't put my house on him staying either.

However, talk of us getting £20m for him PLUS Duff (signed last season for £17m and had a very good year) PLUS Parker (£10m signing only 6 months ago) PLUS Joe Cole (£6.5m signings) is WIDE off the mark. There may be some truth in Gerrard going but the above deal is classic newspaper talk.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby adayinthelife » Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:58 pm

Gerrard did more than his fair share of interviews in portugal and had plenty of opportunities to pledge his future to our club and yet he was too busy praising that fat little bluenose.

All he said was that all the transfer speculation was not affecting the squad.

Does that sound like a man who wants to stay and help us win the title? ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:21 am

All this talk about Deco dirty wee toe rag, should be going to Athens for the diving competition. He done nothing against england except play like a cheating diving Argentine midfielder and we all know where they go (Italy home of diving) Icould say a lot more about him but I leave the superlatives for you English fans out there.! :D
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:30 am

adayinthelife wrote:Gerrard did more than his fair share of interviews in portugal and had plenty of opportunities to pledge his future to our club and yet he was too busy praising that fat little bluenose.

All he said was that all the transfer speculation was not affecting the squad.

Does that sound like a man who wants to stay and help us win the title? ???

It wasn't the right place to talk about club football and if he wants to heap a bit of praise on Rooney,why not?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion