Chasing chelski - Can it be done?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:34 pm

i know this is all a little premature, but can Chelski be caught?  They arn't that far ahead and (despite the media claiming the race would be over by xmas) we could only be 9 points behind them if we win our game in hand. That might sound a lot, but imagine they lose 1 game....that brings it down to 6, a lot closer than Moreen would like and a lot better than this time last year.  I didn't think we'd do much in the league this year, but we're playing superb and, whilst i'd be content with a top 3 finish, giving the Chelski a run for their money would be far better.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sissoko » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:36 pm

I think it can be done easily, Chelsea still have to play us again, and they have to play Manure and arsenal. So you never know, but i think this is our best chance to win the premiership.
Sissoko

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:16 pm

4 me it cant be done....not this season.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby xd3vilx » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:19 pm

honestly...it is easier to say than to be done...i don't think it is possible this year and next season would the one i am rooting for...(but still i hope my prediction would be wrong :D )
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:20 pm

It can be done but the problem is any team trying to catch them would need other teams to beat Chelsea and that is not happening often enough. They've lost one and we've lost two, trouble is they have a wealth of resources and don't drop points often enough.

The World Club Championship could well be one competition too many, does this mean we're excused the FA Cup like the scum were?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:21 pm

though i wud LLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE it if that happens.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:24 pm

Just think how different the league would look if we'd beaten them at our place. We'd be second ahead of the mancs and the gap would be much closer........
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:38 pm

chelsea have this annoying habbit of clinching games by one goal, as did Man Usa and arsenal in the past. A game like yesterday against middlesborough could have easily of finished 0-0 for anyone else had it not been for a lucky header that just crossed the line from john terry.
But even chelsea drawing games would benefit us if we continue our form and carry on winning.

Shrimpy.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:39 pm

just think how different LFC would be if we had won all the EPL titles.............what has happened cannot be changed OWZAT....move on.
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:43 pm

No they can't. They're squad is far more deeper than ours and they have the ability to go on win 15-30 games in a row. We have no cover for our CB's and that make us vulnurable at some point of the season.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:49 pm

A.B. wrote:No they can't. They're squad is far more deeper than ours and they have the ability to go on win 15-30 games in a row. We have no cover for our CB's and that make us vulnurable at some point of the season.

very true AB, but as we all know anything can happen in football. We all know they have the ability to do this but doing this is another cup of tea. I honestly thought they were going to go through this season unbeaten again, but that turns out to be wrong, and im very rarely wrong ;)
i think my post above is more realistic, chelsea drawing games would help us alot, and is the reason we are so far behind right now because we have drawn to many.

Shrimpy.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:52 pm

To even stand a chance of winning the title, we would have to have this kind of run almost all the time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby oOShrimpyOo » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:56 pm

again very true, ive said on another thread that i hope this hype from everyone at the moment doesnt get to the players heads and they take their feet off the peddle as they have done so many times in the past. A definite test for the players mentality.
oOShrimpyOo

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:58 pm

Talking about getting on a run, it's a pity we have to leave for Japan just when we gathered momentum for one of our best runs in recent years. Not that I am uninterested with the World Club Cup, but to play well in the Premiership is always the top priority.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:08 pm

i too feel that the WCC will do us more harm than good .
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion