Charlton - Team selection predictions and thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:11 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:The fact that we beat Man City and they beat Chelsea is utterly irrelevant A.B.

I was simply pointing out that West Brom and Norwich are not the only ones we've defeated at home. Manchester City aren't a piece of cake compared to West Brom and Norwich.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:16 pm

True, and we also beat Monaco and lost to Graz.

Charlton are to be assessed on their own merits, and while I fancy us to beat them, their recent form against us has been good and they can sometimes be akward opponents.

Some people (and I'm not saying you AB) have been talking this week that the Charlton game will be a walk over due to our decent home form, but nothing can be taken for granted in football, especially when one supports Liverpool!!!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:21 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:True, and we also beat Monaco and lost to Graz.

Charlton are to be assessed on their own merits, and while I fancy us to beat them, their recent form against us has been good and they can sometimes be akward opponents.

Some people (and I'm not saying you AB) have been talking this week that the Charlton game will be a walk over due to our decent home form, but nothing can be taken for granted in football, especially when one supports Liverpool!!!  :D

I agree but after witnessing the Reds come back from 2-0 people are really confident about us beating Charlton so I really don't blame them.

True they beat us at Anfield last year however we are not the same side we were last year. New manager,new players, different tactics. Our players have gained an extreme amount of confidence and determination after playing Fulham and Deportivo[even though we had a draw].

However it will not be an easy game and I expect the Reds to put a fight and get a good result.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion