CHARLIE ADAM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:12 am

mistyred wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:What has Rafa got to do with anything ?

Yes we are trying to build a squad - but a balanced squad and we are nowhere near that currently . If Merieles doesn't go then Adam is just there to sit on the bench - it's a lot of money to spend on someone to warm the bench when we have such pressing needs elsewhere . By all means get another CM but sort other areas out first .

Still doesn't answer have people actually watched him and what he was like since Jan - what extra does he add to the squad - does he improve us ? No IMO .

As for Mata - wonderful player with a lot of intelligence and clever passing BUT he doesn't go out wide - he cuts inside all game long so that will be enough guy through the middle .

Benny you should support every club Rafa manages.

Never happy, need to find a bird mate  :;):

agreed misty :nod

:D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 am

Our team next season

Kenney is going for the 1-7-2 formation

Reina

Carra

Kuyt  Adam Meireless Lucas Aqua Gerrard Henderson

Carrol        Suarez
roberto green

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 am

some stats

LFCTransferSpec LFC Transfer Specs
Only Luka Modric has made more succesful dribblings than him 69 - Charlie has 59

Charlie Adam has created more chances than any other CM 72 - He's made more passes than any other CM 2091- 1408 of them accurate

Adam has made 8 goal assists last season only Fabregas has made more of CMs

Charlie Adam has attempted 196 crosses last season more than any other prem CM - 46 of them were accurate

I have watched enough of Charlie Adam to think that he is a good player who will add another dimension into the squad. He doesn't have an ''awful'' pass completion rate as benny the noon said, if you look at the stats above his pass completion rate is around 67%, its not ''awful'' its okay if you compare it with the attempted passes he made. He is the type of player who will always look for the ball and attempt to pass it and play the right pass. He is also an excellent set piece taker and its exciting to have Suarez and Adam next season shooting set pieces.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:22 am

mistyred wrote:

Yes we are trying to build a squad - but a balanced squad and we are nowhere near that currently . If Merieles doesn't go then Adam is just there to sit on the bench - it's a lot of money to spend on someone to warm the bench when we have such pressing needs elsewhere . By all means get another CM but sort other areas out first .

Still doesn't answer have people actually watched him and what he was like since Jan - what extra does he add to the squad - does he improve us ? No IMO .

As for Mata - wonderful player with a lot of intelligence and clever passing BUT he doesn't go out wide - he cuts inside all game long so that will be enough guy through the middle .

Why is there a constant need for people to still bring Rafa into the any discussion - this has nothing to do with Rafa .
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:30 am

metalhead wrote:some stats

Only Luka Modric has made more succesful dribblings than him 69 - Charlie has 59

Charlie Adam has created more chances than any other CM 72 - He's made more passes than any other CM 2091- 1408 of them accurate

Adam has made 8 goal assists last season only Fabregas has made more of CMs

Charlie Adam has attempted 196 crosses last season more than any other prem CM - 46 of them were accurate

I have watched enough of Charlie Adam to think that he is a good player who will add another dimension into the squad. He doesn't have an ''awful'' pass completion rate as benny the noon said, if you look at the stats above his pass completion rate is around 67%, its not ''awful'' its okay if you compare it with the attempted passes he made. He is the type of player who will always look for the ball and attempt to pass it and play the right pass. He is also an excellent set piece taker and its exciting to have Suarez and Adam next season shooting set pieces.

Do you want me to name you a player who has comparable stats just before we bought the player - Jermaine Pennant .

Another stat for you - Lucas had a better passing percentage , Merieles scored more goals from open play ( how many penalties did Adam score ? )

Who are you going to drop for him to play ? Lucas , Gerrard or Meireles ?

He was that good for Blackpool his manager told him to pull his finger out or he would be dropped - both Varney and Campbell were votes by his own fans as their player of the season ahead of him .

6 months of taking a corner or a free kick doesn't mean people going overboard about him signing - Was nothing learnt from the Cole transfer and fans expectations .
Benny The Noon

Postby mistyred » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
mistyred wrote:

Why is there a constant need for people to still bring Rafa into the any discussion - this has nothing to do with Rafa .

Benny got the message the first time mate.

I know you have the need to try and convince us otherwise but that's just over the top mate  :talktothehand
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:40 am

Benny i disagree with almost everything you have said but i am in work so will come back you later.
What i want to know is who you want us to be signing specifically ?

Also if before the window closed we sign a decent left back, centre back, wide player and striker would you be ok with the Adam signing ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:40 am

Benny The Noon wrote:Do you want me to name you a player who has comparable stats just before we bought the player - Jermaine Pennant .

Another stat for you - Lucas had a better passing percentage , Merieles scored more goals from open play ( how many penalties did Adam score ? )

He was that good for Blackpool his manager told him to pull his finger out or he would be dropped - both Varney and Campbell were votes by his own fans as their player of the season ahead of him .

6 months of taking a corner or a free kick doesn't mean people going overboard about him signing - Was nothing learnt from the Cole transfer and fans expectations .

How many attempted passes did Lucas have? how many accurate? is it more than Charlie Adam? how many chances did Lucas create? is it more than Charlie Adam? People raved about Lucas' making the most tackles in the English League but his tackle success is only 63%, however he attempted the most tackles and that means he gets stuck in and not afraid to tackle. It is the same about Charlie Adam that he is a passer and is not afraid to attempt long range passing to start a counter attack or create a goal scoring opportunity.

How many assists did Meireles have in compare to Charlie Adam? Charlie Adam is 2nd in the assist leader and Meireles is also an attack minded player. so Cristiano Ronaldo scored more goals through free kicks and penalties does it make him a poor player? Jermaine Pennant was a decent player who added genuine width to the squad, if we had him now he would be decent to supply crosses to Carroll, he wasn't a poor player by any means but had a :censored: messed up attitude that's why he never got going.
Last edited by metalhead on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:50 am

Ben Patrick wrote:Benny i disagree with almost everything you have said but i am in work so will come back you later.

Also if before the window closed we sign a decent left back, centre back, wide player and striker would you be ok with the Adam signing ?

I want a left winger - Downing would be decent

I want a LB - Baines would be ideal but never going to happen - So Enrique is next

I wanted a young up and coming CB - Cahill or Shawcross

A right mid  - someone like Hazard (marquee signing )

And a young striker - was Wickham but who now i dont know

All areas that needed sorted before we even looked at our 9th CM
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:56 am

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Do you want me to name you a player who has comparable stats just before we bought the player - Jermaine Pennant .

How many attempted passes did Lucas have? how many accurate? is it more than Charlie Adam? how many chances did Lucas create? is it more than Charlie Adam? People raved about Lucas' making the most tackles in the English League but his tackle success is only 63%, however he attempted the most tackles and that means he gets stuck in and not afraid to tackle. It is the same about Charlie Adam that he is a passer and is not afraid to attempt long range passing to start a counter attack or create a goal scoring opportunity.

How many assists did Meireles have in compare to Charlie Adam? Charlie Adam is 2nd in the assist leader and Meireles is also an attack minded player. so Cristiano Ronaldo scored more goals through free kicks and penalties does it make him a poor player? Jermaine Pennant was a decent player who added genuine width to the squad, if we had him now he would be decent to supply crosses to Carroll, he wasn't a poor player by any means but had a :censored: messed up attitude that's why he never got going.

Adam will have more attempts because everything at Blackpool went through him - just because he attempted more doesnt mean a jot - he also lost the ball with misplaced passes which means you lose possession more often than not where as Lucas didnt .

Adam took everything for Blackpool - his assists came from Corners and free kicks - is he just going to be in the team just for that - what about other areas of his game - ie from open play - that is the crucial area . Stats can be manipulated to back up any point - it doesnt give you the whole picture

This whole signing just smacks of previous signings which have not worked out - A decent 6 months in the prem at a small club .

If he was a 20 year old lad still learning and developing i could understand but he has been around for 8 years now doing well at small clubs .

Once again which midfield player is going to miss out - you cant play all of them - only 3 maximum .
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Adam will have more attempts because everything at Blackpool went through him - just because he attempted more doesnt mean a jot - he also lost the ball with misplaced passes which means you lose possession more often than not where as Lucas didnt .

Adam took everything for Blackpool - his assists came from Corners and free kicks - is he just going to be in the team just for that - what about other areas of his game - ie from open play - that is the crucial area . Stats can be manipulated to back up any point - it doesnt give you the whole picture

This whole signing just smacks of previous signings which have not worked out - A decent 6 months in the prem at a small club .

If he was a 20 year old lad still learning and developing i could understand but he has been around for 8 years now doing well at small clubs .

Once again which midfield player is going to miss out - you cant play all of them - only 3 maximum .

so ask yourself this, why does everything go to him? because he was the main play maker for Blackpool and its because Holloway saw his strengths and played on it, that is why he created so many chances. What do you mean by open play? I've already stated that he created the most goal scoring opportunities, even more than our CMs (Meireles, Lucas, Gerrard). He doesn't need to score from open play, its not crucial because it isn't his job! His job is to pick out passes and create chances, not score goals, it's the striker's job to score goals.

Lucas did lose possession, always had.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 pm

passed his medical
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Benny i disagree with almost everything you have said but i am in work so will come back you later.

I want a left winger - Downing would be decent

I want a LB - Baines would be ideal but never going to happen - So Enrique is next

I wanted a young up and coming CB - Cahill or Shawcross

A right mid  - someone like Hazard (marquee signing )

And a young striker - was Wickham but who now i dont know

All areas that needed sorted before we even looked at our 9th CM

So Downing who we are definitely in for.
A left back who based on what we are hearing, we are definitely in for.
Big rumours about Scott Dann round here, who would do for me.
Wickham would have been a major gamble at that price.
He hasnt kicked a ball in the premiership and was not considered good enough to get even 1 minute on the pitch in the euro u21's, sorry i mean experienced enough.
The marquee signing could easily come, if it doesnt then fair enough.

Most of your gripes are because others havent been signed yet, that's not to say they wont be.

In the wise words of master Yoda, patience my child.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:06 pm

metalhead wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Adam will have more attempts because everything at Blackpool went through him - just because he attempted more doesnt mean a jot - he also lost the ball with misplaced passes which means you lose possession more often than not where as Lucas didnt .

so ask yourself this, why does everything go to him? because he was the main play maker for Blackpool and its because Holloway saw his strengths and played on it, that is why he created so many chances. What do you mean by open play? I've already stated that he created the most goal scoring opportunities, even more than our CMs (Meireles, Lucas, Gerrard). He doesn't need to score from open play, its not crucial because it isn't his job! His job is to pick out passes and create chances, not score goals, it's the striker's job to score goals.

Lucas did lose possession, always had.

Just because he is Blackpools best player doesnt equate to him being good enough for us . He was afforded a free role at Blackpool with no defensive responsibilities - you take about the manager yet the manager threatened to drop him .

Ill ask again - who does he replace in a starting 11 for us .
Benny The Noon

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Ill ask again - who does he replace in a starting 11 for us .

depends entirely on the opposition. i don't think we need lucas in games at home against supposed lesser opposition for example when we'll dominate possession for long spells.

it also wouldn't surprise me if mereiles left even though personally i think that would be a big mistake.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion