CHARLIE ADAM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:13 pm

I thought he was one of our better players on Sat. You lot are over complicating things.  There are very few players on world football that are great at tackling, and  great at passing and great at scoring and great at running fast.  Let's appreciate what be van do, after all he has only played 90 mins for is so far, and no disrespect bit O trust Kenny and Damien to pick which players are going to be good for Liverpool over the posters here.

I'm made up he signed, I like the way he plays. He isn't Alonso, buy he is the nearest thing to him we have had since he left and I'm sire most on here will agree we have misses Xabi
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 pm

A better showing by Adam today.. Still not convinced with the Adam-Lucas partnership down the middle though...
Adam for me is too limited in his style of play and rather restricts our attacking buildup through the middle... In the game today, you would have thought Lucas was the one responsible for pushing up with the midfielders given the amount of times he moved up to the final third while Adam lagged behind...

Funny enough, when Adam pushed forward he looked pretty decent and created 1 or 2 decent opportunities.. Given the opposition and their players, he didnt do enough though imo...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Poor and wasteful, looked tired towards the end there - Jenny Craig!
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:27 pm

Adam-Lucas partnership is too weak in a 2 man central midfield.
None of them have any pace and are often starting to deep and have trouble establishing a good passing game in the opponents half.

Wasn't until Meireles and Suarez came on that we saw som movement of the ball, good passing higher up the field.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:34 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Poor and wasteful, looked tired towards the end there - Jenny Craig!

wasteful and tired are 2 words I expect to see much of in this thread...

Again though, for me, off the ball movement  is where he is really lacking.. Cant play a CM role with the qualities he has...

Losing possession the way Adam does is bound to cost points over the course of a season... We also imo have serious trouble controlling and changing the tempo of the game using our 2 CMs..

Cant believe I actually wanted Spearing to come on for one of Henderson/Adam
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:50 pm

aCe' wrote:A better showing by Adam today.. Still not convinced with the Adam-Lucas partnership down the middle though...
Adam for me is too limited in his style of play and rather restricts our attacking buildup through the middle... In the game today, you would have thought Lucas was the one responsible for pushing up with the midfielders given the amount of times he moved up to the final third while Adam lagged behind...

Funny enough, when Adam pushed forward he looked pretty decent and created 1 or 2 decent opportunities.. Given the opposition and their players, he didnt do enough though imo...

I actually think if Adam is paired up with Meireles or Gerrard we will see better of him, Lucas - Adam is a no no for me
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Lucas - Meireles - Gerrard.. Aquilani as the backup... Doesnt get better than that imo...

Sooner we get to play that trio the sooner we get close to challenging for honors ... Possession football, thats the way forward and Adam doesnt fit in
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:08 pm

Problem with most managers is that they persist with their own signings for so long it is apparent for everyone else but them that the players are not good enough but refuse to admit their mistakes...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby crim cram » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 pm

With a stronger midfield, Arsenal would have battered us down the center.  The Lucas/Adam partnership seems too limited in what they actually offer.  With the exception of his left foot, Adam is showing much and the last ditch tackles from behind are an accident waiting to happen.  He looks like cover for the starters at this point, nothing more.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:08 am

It's amazing how much this lad ha spolarised opinion of reds fans. For me, he's made a solid start to his Liverpool career. He's given it away a few times in dangerous positions (but then we already knew this) but there have also been positives. His workrate is better than many would have you believe, I don't know the tackle count but I suspect he is 2nd behind Lucas on the team after 2 games. and neither is he pinging 70 yard balls into space and losing possession as many fans were suggesting he would when he got here.

i'm perfectly happy with how he's settled and think he can only improve as time goes on and this team beds in. I' like to see Lucas-Adam-Mereiles in the middle for the Bolton game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:55 am

He is ok, and that's about it. Fitness, weight control should a be given, and he seems to be out of puff by 60mins, and this was something labelled at him last season as well. Our three class players, touch, imagination and reading of the game are Gerrard, Miereles and Suarez, and maybe Maxi. Two of these need to play each game.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 pm

redtrader74 wrote:He is ok, and that's about it. Fitness, weight control should a be given, and he seems to be out of puff by 60mins, and this was something labelled at him last season as well. Our three class players, touch, imagination and reading of the game are Gerrard, Miereles and Suarez, and maybe Maxi. Two of these need to play each game.

100% agree, even Maxi seems head and shoulders above Adam, Henderson.

The team that battered Fulham away last season had the passing and imagination that I would like to see given more of a chance, obviously with Enrique and Downing included.
roberto green

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Really surprised at the negativity with Adam as I think hes done well and did alright again yesterday. Hes a player that does things off the cuff and sometimes it looks ugly when it doesnt come off but hes got imagination and is always looking to be positive with his passing. I would pick him over Maxi every day of the week thats for sure.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 pm

This topic is typical of the "want everything now" fans that exist more than any other time. Some of you want the worlds best players on every position no matter what they cost and anything less than that is just not good enough for Liverpool.

If you look back at our history, especially when  we use to win everything, you would see a TEAM of players who complimented each other. They often where not the best players in the world but together that where brilliant.

Charlie Adam is not the best midfielder in the world, but he has been bought to do a job, which is what he is doing. He has played 2 games so far and done what he was bought to do on both occasions
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:If you look back at our history, especially when  we use to win everything, you would see a TEAM of players who complimented each other. They often where not the best players in the world but together that where brilliant.

spot on mate.   :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion