CHARLIE ADAM - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Every feckin summer BtN does this, feckin whinge whinge whinge, like a kid who's had his lollipop taken off him.

It's not whinging it's called having reservations - I did the same last summer with the signings of Cole ,Poulsen and Konchesky and got the same :censored: from people like you - remind me once again how they did and their current situation .

No, it's whinging, that's all you ever do!

Sorry you still not told me how those players did last season what their current situation is ?

Was I incorrect in what I said last summer then ?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Means feck all to me, hence you're just whinging again!

We will revisit this later in the year or even August 31st and next summer and see if your still so chirpy then .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Worse news - Konchesky is now not going the other way ?!?! :angry:

some Championship club will take him on, chill out, Kenny knows who the c@ck ones are and wont play them  :D

yes mate there's reasons to be concerned but we're looking like we're gonna have a more solid and balanced squad in the coming season and if you pop over to the rumour mill there's talk of a left back coming in which will stablise our defence. Then a centre back, a winger and that marquee signing and we're all ready to go

*cough* its Aguero btw  :D

We aren't going to get Augero mate sorry - he is way out of our range and also where would he play for us ? He isn't suited to us with the players we have .

we need that sarcasm smiley  :D

It's my trademark this summer, our Sergio  :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Worse news - Konchesky is now not going the other way ?!?! :angry:

some Championship club will take him on, chill out, Kenny knows who the c@ck ones are and wont play them  :D

yes mate there's reasons to be concerned but we're looking like we're gonna have a more solid and balanced squad in the coming season and if you pop over to the rumour mill there's talk of a left back coming in which will stablise our defence. Then a centre back, a winger and that marquee signing and we're all ready to go

We aren't going to get Augero mate sorry - he is way out of our range and also where would he play for us ? He isn't suited to us with the players we have .

No worries - Augero is going to end up at Juve prob and amount to nothing over there . Shame really .
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:03 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Greavesie wrote:

No worries - Augero is going to end up at Juve prob and amount to nothing over there . Shame really .

there's only one club he can go to where he will amount to anything  :;):

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Real Madrid , Chelsea or Barce - if he doesn't go to Madrid they will get Tevez instead and get the better deal .
Benny The Noon

Postby desmdlow » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Adam questionable.. but for 9m? why not? Is he not better than Carrick? Depth is important especially we play pass and move. Maybe Kenny's idea is to flood our team with midfielders so that we have competition and rest players when needed. No worries, leftback is on the way and downing or mata is our winger.. dann seems likely.. In kenny we trust..
desmdlow

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:25 pm

stmichael wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:Where would Mata play if we bought him ? He would definatly have to be a starter .

he's a brilliant player but signing him makes no sense. he's not a wide player he's a traditional number 10 which is where suarez plays.

He isn't. Mata is a winger.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:What has Rafa got to do with anything ?

Yes we are trying to build a squad - but a balanced squad and we are nowhere near that currently . If Merieles doesn't go then Adam is just there to sit on the bench - it's a lot of money to spend on someone to warm the bench when we have such pressing needs elsewhere . By all means get another CM but sort other areas out first .

Still doesn't answer have people actually watched him and what he was like since Jan - what extra does he add to the squad - does he improve us ? No IMO .

As for Mata - wonderful player with a lot of intelligence and clever passing BUT he doesn't go out wide - he cuts inside all game long so that will be enough guy through the middle .

:laugh:
Fu'ck me
Last season not even cold and this season still weeks away and here you go with your doom and gloom
Just because youre a miserable twaygat doesnt mean you should try and bring everybody else down. Some of us are optimists and enjoy the thought that the new signings our manager has made on behalf of our team for our club might actually be the ones we need to make us successful again. Not you. "I want this" "I wanted that" like a big tart who cant stop moaning about something, anything as long as it brings the attention you crave.
You were right about Cole etc last season. So Fu*king what? KK is here now and I and thousands of Reds will rejoice that were spending money on players that he believes will benefit LFC. We trust him. Dont you?
Once again you have hijacked a thread by your "logical, practical" opinions which you have "every right to express".
Carry on GYBS-youre the funniest person on here
:bowdown
Thommo's perm

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

Yes we are trying to build a squad - but a balanced squad and we are nowhere near that currently . If Merieles doesn't go then Adam is just there to sit on the bench - it's a lot of money to spend on someone to warm the bench when we have such pressing needs elsewhere . By all means get another CM but sort other areas out first .

Still doesn't answer have people actually watched him and what he was like since Jan - what extra does he add to the squad - does he improve us ? No IMO .

As for Mata - wonderful player with a lot of intelligence and clever passing BUT he doesn't go out wide - he cuts inside all game long so that will be enough guy through the middle .

A balanced squad is key and it seems that's where we're going - if our reported targets are anything to go by anyway

As for Adam, I wish we signed him in January then we could have seen what he brings to the table before the summer transfer window, either way I'm glad he's here. Adam has a passing range Meireles simply does not have, we can sit all day and ask who's better but it all depends on what you need and when you need it.

We might be in negotiations with a lot of clubs Benny, if Villa accepted our first offer we'd have had Downing before Charlie. It's the way it goes, there's no evidence we're focusing on one target at a time and putting all of our eggs in one basket, look at how Sunderland are conducting themsleves for example - some clubs are just taking longer to negotiate with than others, Blackpool took 6 months ffs  :D

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

A balanced squad is key and it seems that's where we're going - if our reported targets are anything to go by anyway

As for Adam, I wish we signed him in January then we could have seen what he brings to the table before the summer transfer window, either way I'm glad he's here. Adam has a passing range Meireles simply does not have, we can sit all day and ask who's better but it all depends on what you need and when you need it.

We might be in negotiations with a lot of clubs Benny, if Villa accepted our first offer we'd have had Downing before Charlie. It's the way it goes, there's no evidence we're focusing on one target at a time and putting all of our eggs in one basket, look at how Sunderland are conducting themsleves for example - some clubs are just taking longer to negotiate with than others, Blackpool took 6 months ffs  :D

one speaks so much sense.
Get on the link ave put on facey, you'll be bouncin  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Greavesie wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

one speaks so much sense.
Get on the link ave put on facey, you'll be bouncin  :D

I think that tune deserves its own thread Ben  :nod

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Scottish midfielder Charlie Adam has completed his move to Liverpool.

The former Blackpool man put pen to paper on his new contract on Thursday afternoon after successfully completing a medical.

Adam, 25, is pictured below alongside Liverpool Director of Football Damien Comolli.

--------------

Welcome Charlie Adam :)
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:36 am

Benny The Noon wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:Every feckin summer BtN does this, feckin whinge whinge whinge, like a kid who's had his lollipop taken off him.

It's not whinging it's called having reservations - I did the same last summer with the signings of Cole ,Poulsen and Konchesky and got the same :censored: from people like you - remind me once again how they did and their current situation .

No, it's whinging, that's all you ever do!

Sorry you still not told me how those players did last season what their current situation is ?

Was I incorrect in what I said last summer then ?

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Means feck all to me, hence you're just whinging again!

We will revisit this later in the year or even August 31st and next summer and see if your still so chirpy then .

Show me a post in this thread where I am ''chirpy'' about the signing. All I was pointing out is that, come summer time you're whinging again, go to a beer garden enjoy a pint, make friends, find a bird and get your rocks off you miserable whinging pom.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 am

I heard the fee is only 6.75 up front, with add on's that could make it 8.5 eventually.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:09 am

another stat:

Dave Prentice: "Technically Meireles was excellent. But aggressively he was lacking." Meireles won 38 tackles last yr. Charlie Adam won 162.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion