Changes big or small . . . . - Break up the squad or trim dead wood ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kenco » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:51 pm

most of you must be on drug's, the squad's cr#p and so is the manager. That's why where mile's behind Arsenal the manc's and Chelsea. If you went the match and seen for yourself you'd wake up and smell the coffee. The only player's worth keeping, the two goalie's gerard and owen.The rest have'nt got the class to pull the liverpool shirt over their head's.  :(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:48 pm

Owzat wrote:We should keep most of the squad, well at least 16 players - Dudek, Kirkland, Vignal, Traore, Hyypia, Henchoz, Finnan, Carragher, Kewell, Hamann, Le Tallec, Gerrard, Smicer, Pongolle, Baros and Owen (hope I haven't missed any good player) We should look to offload and replace the rest over the next season or two and build from there

Most important change is of manager, the above changes would probably follow

Traore? hamman? your `avin` a laff arnt yer? that traore will never make an LFC player, and as for hamman i think we have seen the best of him? he is too slow, sits too deep, and for a midfielder fails to score enough goals! get rid i say, and bring in 2 quality midfielders who can tackle, and supply the likes of Messers owen/baros with quality through balls enabling gerrard to get forward more often. I would get rid of
diao
traore
henchoe
biscan
cheyrou
diouf
smicer
murphy
heskey
hamman
Lets be honest if we have any serious intentions of challenging for the title, and progressing in the CL we need quality players who can take us that step further,the likes of these will never be good enough to carry us forward. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:05 pm

I was going to say that I would like to give another chance to Cheyrou but after match against Fulham, he was so poor. He is not good enough to wear Red Shirt for Liverpool.

I like to keep Danny Murphy for another season, you cannot blame him for that, remember he won the Liverpool's Player of the Year last season, this season has been unlucky for him, it is best to give him a chance, he is only young lad, plenty of time for that.

Hamman would be madness to let him go this summer, we need him, he is an experience player, like Stu the red said about him, which I agree what Stu said about Hamman.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brian cresswell » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:12 pm

i think we should keep the majority of the squad except diouf, diao and biscan.definately need a creative midfielder to take the pressure off Gerrard,a pacey central defender as at the moment we have little cover hence having to play a midfielder (biscan)when henchoz was injured,and a quality goalscorer.not sure about cisse,but it seems he is on the way .I agree to a flat 4 in midfield ,I don't think we need a defensive midfielder,more a playmaker,but i certainly would not get rid of hamann as he could always come on when defending a lead,the question is would he be happy to sit on the bench and i think riise would be happier back in midfield with carragher back at left back
bring in Gallas,maybe a joe cole type of player in midfield and cisse up front
get rid diouf ,diao and biscan
brian cresswell

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:19 pm

Murphy was LFCs player of the year last year only because the rest of them were so poor,it says something when the likes of murphy are voted player of the year, and where was the `great danny this year eh?..he has had a poor season, out of his depth i would say?. Hamman is also comming to the end of his time at LFC he cant find that extra yard of pace, which is why gerrard has to gallop all over the park and try to cover every blade of grass. We need to bring in someone who can take the extra burden that rests on gerrards shoulders hamman hasit to easy, and does not contribute enough. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:06 pm

Gerrard will have a poor season next season because he will be burnt out from doing everyone elses work and Euro 2004. I felt sorry for Stevie for missing the pen today it was a good save from van der Sar. The player's we should ship out are as follow's...
Diao
Biscan
Smicer
Cheyrou
...the only good players today were Gerrard, Baros and Henchoz all the rest were sloppy and did'nt want to win.
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby DrLiverpool » Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:46 am

You cant say sell 10 players. You have to be realistic we need the plyers we have.
This is LFC's best line-up (in my opinion):

KIRKLAND
        FINNAN    HYYPIA   HENCHOZ   RIISE

DIOUF   HAMANN   GERRARD   KEWELL

BAROS      OWEN

if we could change that team to this team:
we'd be :)
                           KIRKLAND
        FINNAN   HYYPIA    MEXES   RIISE

DIOUF    GERRARD  AIMAR   KEWELL

OWEN    CISSE

MEXES position needs a fast + class defender eg.Gallas
AIMAR pos. attacking + creatie midfielder
CISSE pos. doesnt need to be changed baros is giood enough he just needs to play more. 

If I had tp pick 5 players to sell then Biscan,Traore,Cheyrou,Smicer and Diao.

THE MOST URGENT THING AT THE MOMENT IS CHANGE IN MANAGMENT. THEN WE CAN SEE WHO WE WANT SOLD AND WHO BOUGHT.

I SERIOUSLY THINK A GOOD MANAGER (eg.O'Neill) CAN CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE AND GO FAR IN THE CL WITH THE CURRENT SQUAD.
*I'm not always right, but I'm never wrong*
DrLiverpool
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:38 am

Funny how the same names for removal from the squad keep coming up eh?

Biscan, Traore, Diao, Diouf Cheyrou.

Keep Cheyrou. He's had a poor season, but i think there is enough there to work with.

Diouf. He tries but he's been played out of position. Saying that, I still dont see him as an out an out striker.

Diao. Can be ok but more often than not he will do something reckless that will cost.

Biscan. A better footballer than me an most who post.But we talkin premiership, champions league etc. He's jus not good enuff!
daddyo

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:50 am

Agree with most here.

Must Sell - Diao, Heskey, Biscan, Cheryou, Smicer

Must Keep - Dudek, Kirkland, Carragher, Hyppia, Henchoz, Riise, Gerrard, Baros, Owen, Kewell,  Pongolle, La Tellac, Diarre (have heard good things about him)

Can keep or let go if need cash - Diouf, Babbel, Vignal,
Hamann, Murphy, Finnan,

Need a few players from here - Mexes, Cisse, Alan Smith, Forsell, Viduka, Duff, Gallas, Kezman, Klivert, Dawson, Wright Phillips, Pennant
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion