Chances of winning epl or europe again? - Next season, your views...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:01 pm

We need a good quality left back if riise keeps on playing in the midfield.we need sum1 who can support him.I think we hav a gd chance of finishing in the top 3 of the league and winning the f.a cup!! :D and the champions league... anything can happen there
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:04 pm

bavlondon wrote:Its not even about the money. I mean if you look at our mentality compared to chelseas we were never cocky about winning, Rafa was always cautious and showed respect where it was due. Where as the first thing that Mourinho said after was "for sure the best team lost". I mean if you lot honstly wanna consider yourselves the next Real Madrid or next big team in World Football its all good to gfo and splash £200,000,000 but you also have to act like champions. Not like a bunch of spoilt brats.

To be honest arrogance is connected to being successful I'm afraid and Chelsea were successful this season and Mourinho has had a managerial career so far that is full of success first at Porto and now at Chelsea and to be honest even the best teams in the world are cocky, AC Milan being a prime example and no Liverpool didn't have this cocky attitude when we played because simply we aren't a major European club back then, but if you look at Djimi Traore's attack on Houllier it shows that winning this Cup may have unleashed something terrible amongst our team and in our players.
48-1119859832

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:10 pm

bavlondon wrote:First of all you cant talk about have quality on the benches. What happened to you when Duff and Robben bowed out? The difference betwen our player is we have heart and passion becasue we are rooted in Footballing forklore since the 70's. Where as Mr Abramovich is just a Champ Manager fan who tookit one stp far but its ok cos we dont mind being underdogs. We wernt supposed to beat Chelsea or Juve or Olympiakos or even Bayer for that matter. I mean how can a team that spends £200,000,000 fail to score a singel goal against a set of denfender with the combined transfer value of maybe £30 - £40 million. Its wierd but it happend and can happend again. As for Zizou and co, well i think there not hungy any more. Dont get me wrong hes a ledgend but when youve won the world cup and everything else, i think hell be planning on relaxing and enjoying his football more.

When Duff and Robben bowed out, Joey cole came in.

I agree you have heart and passion and are rooted in forklore - one of the reasons i have a lot of respect for Liverpool and an interest in the club.

"I mean how can a team that spends £200,000,000 fail to score a singel goal against a set of denfender with the combined transfer value of maybe £30 - £40 million." -- now to me that doesnt make sense. Money means nothing - it doesnt bring you happiness in life and it doesnt bring you assured success on the pitch. I openly say You played much better than us in both the games, Rafa was over Jose in tactics and we did not deserve to win. Yes it was not a goal, but such is football .. some go with you and some against.

As for Zizu and co. they are very hungry trust me. Zidane is my idol and i can tell you he is itching to win the CL or/and League next season.

--

Id just like to add.

It is very irritating that opposition fans stress on the fact that Roman has taken over and we have bought the title and spent millions and zillions, i know this kind of talk will go on forever - and it really doesnt bother me, it only irritates me that fans cannot accept the quality and the team .. in other words --->

You have to realize the team had a new manager, new keeper and new players all over the pitch. To play so well,set new records, win 2 outa 4, all in the FIRST season is truely a remarkable achievement --- just as remarkable as Liverpool winning the CL with new players and a new manager.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:14 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Chelsea have to count themselves lucky they had Terry, lampard, Cole and Duff who won them the league, if Terry and Lampard had have been crocked then I doubt you would have finished on as many points as you did, if you didnt have lampard scoring all them goals, there's a lot of games you's would'nt have won maybe a lot of draws.

Every club has those players and there are always 'ifs' and 'buts' in football.

Where would Manu be without Keano and van nistelrooy?
Where would ARsenal be without Henry who garuntees them 25+ goals each season?
Where would liverpool be without Gerrard and Carra?
Where would Barca be without Xavi and Ronnie?

No where!

There are always those players in Terry,Lamps and Maka who form the spine of a team.Just as Gerrard,Alonso/Hamman and Carriger do for Liverpool.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:21 pm

Chelsea forever. wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Chelsea have to count themselves lucky they had Terry, lampard, Cole and Duff who won them the league, if Terry and Lampard had have been crocked then I doubt you would have finished on as many points as you did, if you didnt have lampard scoring all them goals, there's a lot of games you's would'nt have won maybe a lot of draws.

Every club has those players and there are always 'ifs' and 'buts' in football.

Where would Manu be without Keano and van nistelrooy?
Where would ARsenal be without Henry who garuntees them 25+ goals each season?
Where would liverpool be without Gerrard and Carra?
Where would Barca be without Xavi and Ronnie?

No where!

There are always those players in Terry,Lamps and Maka who form the spine of a team.Just as Gerrard,Alonso/Hamman and Carriger do for Liverpool.

Yes and we had three of them injured last season Gerrad, Xabi thanx to frank, and Hamann. Thats why we struggled in the prem 14 first team injuries every team would suffer with that thats why we failed to get 4th maybe even third, if Xabi had not have been injured. Or Cisse.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:25 pm

Yeah .. you had problems with Cisse Xabi and Gerrard

Just like we did with Bridg, Drogba, Robben and Duff and Gallas. Terry and Frank played the last 10-15 games with an infected toe which needed surgery immediately after the campaign. They took pain killing injections before each game.
Chelsea forever.

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:30 pm

What will happen with Bridge now? Do you think he will be sold or kept on. We'll have him if you dont want him  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:43 pm

Same could be said about Liverpool, Gerrard, Alonso and Carragher.
48-1119859832

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:45 pm

0asis wrote:

Same could be said about Liverpool, Gerrard, Alonso and Carragher.

Duh cant you read I said 3 of these where injured last season.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:56 pm

I was referring to your quote if you can actually see.
48-1119859832

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:00 pm

The Chelsea fella, (man does he love our forum or what?) makes a couple of fair points. In terms of money spent, Chelsea have in all probability shelled out a similar amount to Manure with a lot more success. Curiously, it is the signings of Ranieri rather than Mourinho which really stand out. Duff, Robben, Makeleli and in particular Lampard were all buys of the very highest order. Similarly Gallas, Cole and Gudjohnson represent excellent value for money. This allied to the emergence of the colossal Terry through the youth system has made them a formiddable outfit.
I may be wrong but I think Cech was also a Ranieri signing, but whoever was responsible can take a pat on the back here too. By a distance the worst two buys were Crespo and Veron, neither of which the Italian seemed to have much say in the purchase of.
Mourhinho in comparison doesn't fair so well, not sofar at least. The hapless Kezman has been a failure while Drogba has up to now not really done it. The excellent Carvallho and Ferierra have been solid aquisitions but have hardly been a surprise given the fee. The jury is out on the Russian players so overall the Italian shades the transfer stakes for me.
In conclusion though, their spending sofar would be of a similar level to Manure only it has occurred almost entirely over the last three years as opposed to the last ten.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:01 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:What will happen with Bridge now? Do you think he will be sold or kept on. We'll have him if you dont want him  :D

Bridge is very much a Chelsea player. Del horno and him will have to fight it out for a starting place. We have 2 quality LB`s in them just as we do in Ferrera and Jhonno - although johonno is prone to silly errors and still needs to step up.
Chelsea forever.

Postby bigmick » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:03 pm

Johnson, (not one of Ranieris sharper pieces of judgement) always looks to me like a right sided midfield player who has been asked to fill at full-back. My suspicion is that's where he will show his full potential but even then it will not be sufficient to command a regular start anything above mid-table level.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chelsea forever. » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:04 pm

bigmick wrote:The Chelsea fella, (man does he love our forum or what?) makes a couple of fair points. In terms of money spent, Chelsea have in all probability shelled out a similar amount to Manure with a lot more success. Curiously, it is the signings of Ranieri rather than Mourinho which really stand out. Duff, Robben, Makeleli and in particular Lampard were all buys of the very highest order. Similarly Gallas, Cole and Gudjohnson represent excellent value for money. This allied to the emergence of the colossal Terry through the youth system has made them a formiddable outfit.
I may be wrong but I think Cech was also a Ranieri signing, but whoever was responsible can take a pat on the back here too. By a distance the worst two buys were Crespo and Veron, neither of which the Italian seemed to have much say in the purchase of.
Mourhinho in comparison doesn't fair so well, not sofar at least. The hapless Kezman has been a failure while Drogba has up to now not really done it. The excellent Carvallho and Ferierra have been solid aquisitions but have hardly been a surprise given the fee. The jury is out on the Russian players so overall the Italian shades the transfer stakes for me.
In conclusion though, their spending sofar would be of a similar level to Manure only it has occurred almost entirely over the last three years as opposed to the last ten.

A fair post.

Cech was a CR signing and so was Drogba - well he was suggested by CR but Jose also wanted him.

Ferrera and Carvalho have been outstanding signings by Jose.

Jiri was brought in as a utility man and has not dissapointed.

Tiago did not liveup to it, but its more because he was asked to stay quiet during all games and just win and pass the ball and provide cover.

Kezman has been shi.t , but a 4-4-2 favours him more than a 4-3-3 and i wish him all the best in spain.

PS - yes i do like this forum as i do like the club.

:)
Chelsea forever.

Postby real fan from abroad » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:53 pm

I think that we need only 3 new players: goalkeeper(probablr Raina) and two players to the defence, LB and RB because realy how often did anybody saw Traore of Finan atacking!!!
   We need ofensive power on our flangs somebody like Bridge or Parker!!
real fan from abroad

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion