CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS BITTERBLUES - all the build up here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 65-1140560321 » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:30 pm

stmichael wrote:I've always believed that Alonso is stifled under Gerrards presence, and dare I say ego, when they're both playing together. In my opinion Alonso makes the team play more cohesively because of his passing tempo and how vocal he is when instructing where he wants players.

I agree St Mike, and the same goes for Gerrard when in the England team with Lampard!

Alonso's striking of the ball is sheer class, the like of which i have not seen since beckham emerged, and he was two inches from scoring a beauty yeasterday from a free kick.
65-1140560321

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:01 am

sophe_lfc_4_lyf wrote:Yep.. I just tend to speak text talk when i type.. too much msn i think:D

what did you do before mobile phones then??

anyway, back on topic, fantastic result AGAIN
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:09 am

You sad Bitter Blue B@stard!!!

The Times     March 27, 2006

Everton defender ugres authorities to stub out un-British badgering by foreign legion
By James Ducker
ALAN STUBBS, THE EVERTON defender, has called on the FA to preserve the integrity of the game after accusing Liverpool’s foreign legion of trying to get opposition players booked and sent off during a fractious Merseyside derby at Anfield.

Phil Dowd, the referee, dished out 11 bookings and brandished the red card twice — first to Steven Gerrard, the Liverpool captain, after 18 minutes, then Andy van der Meyde, of Everton, within five minutes of the Holland winger’s appearance as a substitute in the second half — but Stubbs believes the official’s heavy-handedness was influenced by the badgering from some of Liverpool’s foreign players.

Stubbs was particularly incensed by Luis García, the Liverpool winger, but the defender fears that the problem is becoming widespread and yet is going unnoticed and unpunished. “The referee should clamp down on it if you have players coming over wanting others to get booked,” Stubbs said. “If he’s fouled someone, fair enough, but book the player who’s demanding the yellow card, too.

“It’s crept into our game lately, but it is a foreign thing. They’ve brought a lot of good things to the Premiership, but a lot of the other side, too. It’s up to the authorities to do something. We can only stop it on the pitch by asking players: ‘What are you doing?’ Ask any British player. It’s the last thing you want to see.

“García only did it once, in the first half. They speak good English, it’s not as if they don’t understand what they’re doing. There’s no place for that in football. It can be hard enough to stay on the pitch sometimes as it is, so you don’t want people trying to get people sent off for trivial things. It’s not a man thing to do. Whoever you are, no one wants to see that.”

Stubbs also accused Dowd of trying to “even it up” once Gerrard had been shown a second yellow card for a reckless lunge at Kevin Kilbane, 40 seconds after being booked for kicking the ball away, and believes Van der Meyde’s contentious dismissal for elbowing Xabi Alonso was no worse than García elbowing Kilbane in the first half, an incident that went unpunished.

Stubbs, however, conveniently neglected to mention how James Beattie, the Everton striker, was fortunate to escape censure for catching Jamie Carragher in the face with a stray arm, while his bleatings will not spare his club a £25,000 fine from the FA for incurring seven bookings and a red card. “You could sense it (that the referee wanted to send someone off),” Stubbs said. “I got booked for holding my ground in the box, as did Harry Kewell. It was pathetic and petty and it’s ruined the game.

“Most talking points will be about what the referee did. If Van der Meyde deserved to be sent off, then Garcia should have gone for elbowing Kilbane. Five years ago, maybe the referee would have let things go a bit in a derby, but these days they go by the letter of the law.”

P.iss off Stubbs trying to use this as an excuse for your showers innept performance, the truth is you lot got a good hiding without one of our best players on the pitch.
And to top it off your ale house team gets a dirty big fine thrown in for good measure.
P.iss off and cry in yer bitter.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:20 am

stubbs looks like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Theo@home » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:05 pm

Mar. 27 2006 wrote:Stubbs also accused Dowd of trying to “even it up” once Gerrard had been shown a second yellow card for a reckless lunge at Kevin Kilbane

Nice of him to take 55 minutes to do it then... oh and what was the score before Van Der Meydes dissmissal, that's right 2-1.  Would have been 5-1 if he'd 'evened it up' earlier!  :D

Stubbs - what a to$$er! 58% possession to 10 man Liverpool - if he wanted to even it up he'd of needed to send off Xabi instead of the blue$*i*e oxygen thief!
Theo@home

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:You sad Bitter Blue B@stard!!!

The Times     March 27, 2006

Everton defender ugres authorities to stub out un-British badgering by foreign legion
By James Ducker
ALAN STUBBS, THE EVERTON defender, has called on the FA to preserve the integrity of the game after accusing Liverpool’s foreign legion of trying to get opposition players booked and sent off during a fractious Merseyside derby at Anfield.

Phil Dowd, the referee, dished out 11 bookings and brandished the red card twice — first to Steven Gerrard, the Liverpool captain, after 18 minutes, then Andy van der Meyde, of Everton, within five minutes of the Holland winger’s appearance as a substitute in the second half — but Stubbs believes the official’s heavy-handedness was influenced by the badgering from some of Liverpool’s foreign players.

Stubbs was particularly incensed by Luis García, the Liverpool winger, but the defender fears that the problem is becoming widespread and yet is going unnoticed and unpunished. “The referee should clamp down on it if you have players coming over wanting others to get booked,” Stubbs said. “If he’s fouled someone, fair enough, but book the player who’s demanding the yellow card, too.

“It’s crept into our game lately, but it is a foreign thing. They’ve brought a lot of good things to the Premiership, but a lot of the other side, too. It’s up to the authorities to do something. We can only stop it on the pitch by asking players: ‘What are you doing?’ Ask any British player. It’s the last thing you want to see.

“García only did it once, in the first half. They speak good English, it’s not as if they don’t understand what they’re doing. There’s no place for that in football. It can be hard enough to stay on the pitch sometimes as it is, so you don’t want people trying to get people sent off for trivial things. It’s not a man thing to do. Whoever you are, no one wants to see that.”

Stubbs also accused Dowd of trying to “even it up” once Gerrard had been shown a second yellow card for a reckless lunge at Kevin Kilbane, 40 seconds after being booked for kicking the ball away, and believes Van der Meyde’s contentious dismissal for elbowing Xabi Alonso was no worse than García elbowing Kilbane in the first half, an incident that went unpunished.

Stubbs, however, conveniently neglected to mention how James Beattie, the Everton striker, was fortunate to escape censure for catching Jamie Carragher in the face with a stray arm, while his bleatings will not spare his club a £25,000 fine from the FA for incurring seven bookings and a red card. “You could sense it (that the referee wanted to send someone off),” Stubbs said. “I got booked for holding my ground in the box, as did Harry Kewell. It was pathetic and petty and it’s ruined the game.

“Most talking points will be about what the referee did. If Van der Meyde deserved to be sent off, then Garcia should have gone for elbowing Kilbane. Five years ago, maybe the referee would have let things go a bit in a derby, but these days they go by the letter of the law.”

P.iss off Stubbs trying to use this as an excuse for your showers innept performance, the truth is you lot got a good hiding without one of our best players on the pitch.
And to top it off your ale house team gets a dirty big fine thrown in for good measure.
P.iss off and cry in yer bitter.

Yep. :censored: parrot faced ugly bitter :censored:. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Garymac » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:32 pm

But i have to agree on one thing with Stubbs, seeing Garcia do sh!t like that embarrases me, id rather see him punch someone than do sh!thouse things like that, he does it all the time and its a disgrace and Rafa needs to have a word with him because its dreadful to watch.

The rest he is just talking sh!te as usual.
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:32 pm

Garymac wrote:But i have to agree on one thing with Stubbs, seeing Garcia do sh!t like that embarrases me, id rather see him punch someone than do sh!thouse things like that, he does it all the time and its a disgrace and Rafa needs to have a word with him because its dreadful to watch.

The rest he is just talking sh!te as usual.

agreed duncan, well almost  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:38 pm

Going back to the Gerrard sending off i think it was wrong. I have seen many games were people have been yellow carded and then imediatley after have comited another bookable offence only for the ref to warn them knowing that they have already been booked. Obviously Gerrards first booking was technically the correct desicion but surely when he comited the second the ref could have just warned him that he was going the right way to getting sent off bearing in mind that the first booking wasn't for a bad foul (neverton were going to get a freekick in a very good place anyway). I just think the ref could have spoilt the game with that desission but luckily it didn't matter.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:01 pm

weir ran 50 yards to make sure Gerrard received his marching orders.

Laughable how Everton fans are that bitter,they can't even utter the word Liverpool.
I'm happy the bitters club have secured their premiership survival this term,because it virtually guarantees us 6 points in the bag next season.
Just because the players take the :censored: out of Everton,thats no excuse for certain sections to hand the :censored: back in cups,ungrateful bluenoses.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:02 pm

supersub wrote:weir ran 50 yards to make sure Gerrard received his marching orders.

Laughable how Everton fans are that bitter,they can't even utter the word Liverpool.
I'm happy the bitters club have secured their premiership survival this term,because it virtually guarantees us 6 points in the bag next season.
Just because the players take the :censored: out of Everton,thats no excuse for certain sections to hand the :censored: back in cups,ungrateful bluenoses.

seriously, excellent post SS

:D
:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:49 pm

Someone put Stubbs dummy back in his mouth,christ he's so revolting he needs a face lift just to look ugly! :D

As for him complaining about our Spanish imports,what nationality is Arteta? ????

UP YOURS YOU BITTER BLUE T*** :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Crouchamania » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:04 pm

Great result and performance. Neverton are f*ckin horse turd and had about 1 chance 2nd half which they scored from. Blue nosed gets. What i liked was when Ratface Junior scored that OG and the commentator said WHAT A BRILLIANT GOAL!! damn right it was :laugh:
RIP Drummerphil YNWA

JFT96 Don't buy The S*n

Crouchamania

Postby sophe_lfc_4_lyf » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:09 pm

Loll.. Yer too right there m8 :D .. have to give him some redit tho :laugh: .. good game though reds :D

YNWA.. Drummerphil_[*]
sophe_lfc_4_lyf
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scouse - Ryan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:37 am

:censored:
Last edited by Scouse - Ryan on Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scouse - Ryan

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion