Great stuff guys and added bonus Stevie G gets some rest 

That ref though, what friggin drama queen

"What a c*nt", you mean!  :angry:  :D  :angry:  :D

They are useful , he isnt   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:40 pm

First of all it has to be said - that was the single worst refereeing performance I've seen this season - absolutely pathetic.

The number of bookings was ridiculous, and it all stemmed from giving Cahill a yellow for the first tackle of the game - when he really should have kept his card in his pocket knowing that it was a derby game and give it 15 mins to settle.  After that he had to show the card for every tackle.

As for Gerrard though, he brought it on himself.  Kicked the ball away - the rules say yellow so no complaints.  The second was a clumsy challenge that a lot of refs would have given a yellow for to be honest.

But what a fighting performance from us.  Came out of the blocks slow but after Gerrard walked it sparked us into life.  Alonso's best performance since Juve away last year imo.  No one was a passenger today, even Garcia was trying to mix it, great to see.

Honestly though it wasn't a great footballing performance by us, Everton were pi.ss poor today, but derby games are often like that.  We looked like we wanted it more and we had the extra bit of quality where it counted - 2 great goals from Garcia and Kewell.  I think Hyypia's should have been allowed as well.  Surely this 'interfering with play' bollox has to be scrapped.  Every linesman has a different interpretation of the rule - it isn't working.

Delighted with that result, get in!!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:22 pm

On bluekipper they are blaming the defeat on the fact that we have more money than them and if Arteta was playing they would have won.........

Yer right :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:29 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:On bluekipper they are blaming the defeat on the fact that we have more money than them and if Arteta was playing they would have won.........

Yer right :D

let them count their chickens  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:31 pm

It's discraceful what some have wrote in this thread. I can't say it surprises me though.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:37 pm

Haha we won

Everton are pants.

more bitter views for another year.

Alonso what a game. :bowdown
Flashard

Postby Effes » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:45 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:On bluekipper they are blaming the defeat on the fact that we have more money than them

Because they are the Pauper's Club.

Off into town tonight, I bet there are plenty of narks about.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:51 pm

Freckin awesome performance RED MEN !!!!

What a thoroughly satisfying win.  :bowdown  :buttrock

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:55 pm

Well done lads that result makes Monday morning in work all the easier!

Well done redmen. :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mccabec2 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:56 pm

What a performance, i a strange way when I look back at it, Gerrard getting sent off was a blessing in disguise, he managed to get rested and we managed to prove that we can beat the scum not only without gerrard but with only ten men!! I think a  night out on the tiles will be a just rewardfor both us and the players!! Come on Birmingham against Man utd!!!
mccabec2

Postby azriahmad » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:59 pm

I was jumping up and down like a madman TWICE - when Garcia scored with his delightful chip and when Kewell scored that smashing goal.

After Garcia's goal, the crowd's chant "WE'VE ONLY GOT TEN MEN" was so loud that it was very clear even from 10,000 miles away in Kuala Lumpur.

Step up, Xabi Alonso, you led the team today and you were magnificent.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:21 pm

There were so many good things about this game, and the last 3 games before it that im sure many of u have picked up on so i won't even point them out, but i can just say that in these last 4 games we have proved critics wrong in one way or another about everything they had to criticise about us, and i can just hope we keep it up so we can keep pressure on the manc's even tho it may be in vain.....great performance.

One happy LFC fan.   :eyebrow
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:22 pm

Judge wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:They'll be shi.tting themselves after our last few results...and rightly so!!

The fact is we WILL beat them on Saturday,im sure of that!
The thing is though its gonna be a different type of game than our last 3..a hell of a lot more physical for a start!
Not taking anything away from our boys,but being honest our last 3 opponents have been terrible!
Fulham played better than the 5-1 sounds but were still deservedly beaten!
Newcastle,erm well the defence?one word Boumsong..enough said there!
As for Brum..well they looked beaten 1 minute into the game and i cant remember a more 1 sided game in a long long time!!

Everton albeit sh.ite..will be a bit more of a game!Im sure there will be some blood and thunder on Saturday but im sure that any man with a bit of sense would put their house on a win for the Red Men!!

2-0 for me!!
Also a great excuse for an early drinking session!! :nod  :buttrock

COME ON THE POOL!!!!!

you mean any excuse for a drink barry  :D

aye lad!!!!
66-1120597113

Postby adamnbarrett » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:27 pm

Dundalk wrote:Well done lads that result makes Monday morning in work all the easier!

You can say that again  :buttrock

I've had YNWA blasting through me house since I got back from the match. And me and a few others drove round woodison with YNWA blasting out through the car speakers  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:40 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Well done lads that result makes Monday morning in work all the easier!

You can say that again  :buttrock

I've had YNWA blasting through me house since I got back from the match. And me and a few others drove round woodison with YNWA blasting out through the car speakers  :buttrock

Hmmmm, that's asking for it.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion