CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS BENFICA - the biggest match of the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gareth G » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:38 pm

Sabre wrote:Probably Morientes was not good enough, Crouch should have scored that chance and shoudn't have dived that's for sure.

I think that if we score one early, they'll going to feel the pressure of Anfield , I think we can do it.

Watch again my friend, he did not dive...

I think this has been a stinking night so far, need to come out of the trap's quickly after half, otherwise it's goodbye CL.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:38 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Olympiakos, AC Milan.

in rafa we trust and i hope to god that this game follows in the same way that those 2 did... but realistally how many times can that happen against quality sides... especially when they also know whats happened before, what we're done and will play 10men behind the ball

:(
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:40 pm

i don't think there will be any more CL for this season.

we said the strikers would start scoring tonight. they haven't. (yet)

please I beg you liverpool football club - score 3 goals and keep the dream alive. i cannot bear the thought of having to endure the weight on my chest and the torment from people at school tomorrow.

please, just once more. we know you can do it!
Last edited by dward on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:40 pm

BENFICA_ALWAYS wrote:BEAUTIFUL WE RULE!!!

1 million? ??? muahhahahahaha

what you ear is NINGUEM PÁRA O BENFICA

NOBODY STOPS BENFICA

ALLLEZZZ SIMAOOOOO

when you have crouch who doesn't know what a ball is playing and the only way you have to reach our goalposts is kicking the ball randomly upfield english soccer wont go anywhere

:censored: off
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Houllier=LFC » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:40 pm

Hope this is the last time we see Traore on the field. Traore+Warnock is a serious liabilty at the back.
Houllier=LFC

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:41 pm

everyone has been so frustrating missing our chances again, i was absolutely furious at crouch before missing that 1 on 1, a 1 legged donkey could have put that away. Traore, i knew from the start, he is absolutely horrendous, huge mistake putting that pile of sh.ite on, ill never forgive him for the mistakes hes made
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:41 pm

Maybe get Anderson on for Traore, go three at the back and move Luis into the middle playing off the two strikers. Give Morientes another 10 minutes and then get Fowler on.

We can't f*ck about - I think we're going to have to be a bit more cavalier than 4-4-2 will allow us to do.
ivor_the_injun

Postby xd3vilx » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:42 pm

i seriously can't see us scoring 3 in the second half...at least with this bunch of striker we can't...unless RB work his magic again...see you in europe next year...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SoppMeister » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:42 pm

I'm just praying our luck doesn't run out because I know we're better than Benfica and I know we can beat them, which is why I'm so annoyed/frustrated. Last season taught us Liverpool fans to never say never, I'm just hoping we've got one more Olympiacos like comeback in us but I can't see it happening. Prove me wrong lads, please.
SoppMeister

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:43 pm

every week after every game they play we slag off Traore and Nando and fully justified.If fans like us can see how shíte they are why is it Rafa cant........
After the first half of the final last may i hoped Traore never played again.....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:44 pm

i think the difference between tonight and the CL final is that we've played well.

in istanbul, we played absolute rubbish in the first half.

this time we've played well. all we need to do is finish.
Last edited by dward on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:44 pm

hyppia has to come on for traore, we are going to concede more with that camel at the back. Bring on anderson and see what he can do and bring on another striker, fowler. We need the best performance since the CL final, they need to give everything. Low part of the whole season if (or when) we go out tonight...
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby bigmick » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:44 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:Maybe get Anderson on for Traore, go three at the back and move Luis into the middle playing off the two strikers. Give Morientes another 10 minutes and then get Fowler on.

We can't f*ck about - I think we're going to have to be a bit more cavalier than 4-4-2 will allow us to do.

Spot on call there Ive'. If we're going to go down, and I re-iterate that it is by no means a certainty, let's go down all guns blazing. The thing to bear in mind is that these are not a good team, they are average at best and if we can score with more than 15 minutes left they absolutely sh!te themselves.
Leave Morientes on for five minutes, purely so that when we bring Fowler on the roof comes off and we can steam into 'em. LET'S FECKIN GO!!!!!
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:46 pm

Morientes+Traore off.

We need Fowler, Cisse (and maybe Anderson?)

Nothing to loose now. Put 3 in the net lads.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:46 pm

there was another thread on here asking what a real fan is and a whole bunch of nonsense written in response. The answer is here.

Staying with your team in the hard times. Always believing, always hoping and always dreaming.

This game is there to be taken. It is ours for the taking and the next 45 mins could be more glorious than those we witnessed last season.

Come on boys.
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion