CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE VS BENFICA - the biggest match of the season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:19 pm

Right i'm leaving for the match now, I like to get there early :)

See you later everyone.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

YNWA  :buttrock
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:34 pm

Glorioso wrote:Adeus panascas!

After the game, i will come here to celebrate or congratulate you.

oooooo i cant wait....
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm

come on lads i'm on pins here.I hope its a special european night once again.The lack of goals is obviously quite worrying.........3-1 for me on the night....
As Mouriniho he would support anyone we were playing tonight as i and many scousers wanted Barcelona to win last night.The idiot is just obsessed with us full stop........
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Confirmed team:

Reina
Finnan
Carra
Traore
Warnock
Garcia
Alonso
Gerrard
Kewell
Crouch
Morientes

Subs: Dudek, Barragan, Hamann, Anderson, Fowler, Cisse, Hyypia

Hyypia failed a fitness test, but does make the bench.

Uh oh... ???
ivor_the_injun

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:46 pm

drummerphil wrote:I agree with Mick,i think Garcia could have a very important role to play.I dont want to put a downer on things but i hope i'm wrong in thinking Rafa saved Nando yesterday for the Benfica game and a starting role.I can see Crouch and Nando starting up front and in doing so i just cant see two goals coming....

call me psychic............fecking knew Nando and Crouch would start tonight   :angry:
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 pm

i think this might be the game were we finally click and destroy our opponents. Either that or we will have a difficult time. I predict us to absolutely play them off the pitch, 3-0, im in confident mood! GO THE MIGHTY REDS! YNWA
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 pm

What's the story with Riise?

Am very surprised to see both Barragan and Anderson on the bench unless late injuries have hit us.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Red Red Tom » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:48 pm

The sad thing is he probably plays as us on his copy of Championship Manager.  The thing is - we haven't done anything to offend him since he claimed he wanted us to win it last year (right after the semi final).  We've lost twice to them, and got two draws, Rafa's said nothing, unless this is about Stevie's decision to stay with us he's just being petulant because his team is out.

On the subject of Stevie's 'almost' transfer to Chavski, I think it could be the subject for one of those gum adverts, where the guy goes "come to your senses".  Magic.

Tom

EDIT:  :censored: a lot of things have happened since I started typing this message.  It was a reply to the message about Whoreinho being obsessed with us...  :censored: to Nando and Crouch, at least Robbie is on the bench.  Djimi didn't let us down on the 25th did he?  We'll be okay.
Red Red Tom

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:49 pm

drummerphil wrote:
drummerphil wrote:I agree with Mick,i think Garcia could have a very important role to play.I dont want to put a downer on things but i hope i'm wrong in thinking Rafa saved Nando yesterday for the Benfica game and a starting role.I can see Crouch and Nando starting up front and in doing so i just cant see two goals coming....

call me psychic............fecking knew Nando and Crouch would start tonight   :angry:

positiveness! confidence! confidence, have faith, they can do it, we can do it, i cant wait for this thing
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:51 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:What's the story with Riise?

Am very surprised to see both Barragan and Anderson on the bench unless late injuries have hit us.

Anderson has been amazing for the reserves and has been rumoured to have a part in the squad, gives us more options, probably better than anyone else we can put on the right at the moment. This guy seems an exciting talent, hope he plays a part
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:51 pm

GOAT wrote:
drummerphil wrote:

positiveness! confidence! confidence, have faith, they can do it, we can do it, i cant wait for this thing

I am positive and have changed my mind on the score tonight........i just think the strike force he has picked plays into Benficas hands........

LFC Elite Member

Group: LFC Premium Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
come on lads i'm on pins here.I hope its a special european night once again.The lack of goals is obviously quite worrying.........3-1 for me on the night....
As Mouriniho he would support anyone we were playing tonight as i and many scousers wanted Barcelona to win last night.The idiot is just obsessed with us full stop
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:52 pm

team for tonight off the offal:

GARCIA BACK IN FOR BIG NIGHT
Lee Brown 08 March 2006

Rafa Benitez has recalled Luis Garcia to the Liverpool starting line up for tonight's huge Champions League last 16 2nd Leg against Benfica at Anfield. 
The Reds need to beat their Portugese rivals by two goals to progress to the next stage of a competition that they currently hold. And you can be sure that they wont lose their grip on the giant trophy without a fight.

In other changes Xabi Alonso, Steve Finnan and Fernando Morientes return at the expense of Dietmar Hamann, Jan Kromkamp and Robbie Fowler. Sami Hyypia is only fit enough for the bench and it's expected Djimi Traore will fill in next to Jamie Carragher. Hold onto you hats, it's going to be a big night.

Liverpool - Reina, Finnan, Traore, Carragher, Warnock, Alonso, Gerrard, Garcia, Kewell, Crouch, Morientes. Subs - Dudek, Cisse, Fowler, Hamann, Hyypia, Anderson, Barragan.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GOAT » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:52 pm

my only major concern is traore playing, i have no confidence in the guy, he can perform though, i hope he doesnt screw up
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby drummerphil » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:53 pm

GOAT wrote:my only major concern is traore playing, i have no confidence in the guy, he can perform though, i hope he doesnt screw up

i would rather have my mrs playing than that t0sser....
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:53 pm

traore and warnock   :oh:

anderson on the bench. i like the idea of him getting on.. lets see if he can make an impact  :buttrock

good luck reds!    fingers crossed.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion