CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LAST 16 DRAW - Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rushy09999 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Sabre wrote:
rushy09999 wrote:Being honest,id say sporting are the only team id feel comfortable getting in the next round.......id be worried that villareal could have too much for us

Villarreal was only playing 70% of their capabilities, but they still haven't been tested by a serious team this season in Europe.

In Spain there are quite a lot of talks about the dissapointing game of Manchester United. Still to be seen what they'd do against a better side like Liverpool, whose midfield is quite superior to any thing they've faced so far.

Pity the midfield is always bypassed by the wimbeldon style kick and rush football. i do agree though that kuyt is the most technically gifted midfielder in the pl
rushy09999

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:18 pm

Dundalk wrote:This isnt a thread about a match, its a thread about a draw

i am not refering to you dundalk
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:20 pm

anyway - hope we get villareall
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:28 pm

rushy09999 wrote:
Sabre wrote:
rushy09999 wrote:Being honest,id say sporting are the only team id feel comfortable getting in the next round.......id be worried that villareal could have too much for us

Villarreal was only playing 70% of their capabilities, but they still haven't been tested by a serious team this season in Europe.

In Spain there are quite a lot of talks about the dissapointing game of Manchester United. Still to be seen what they'd do against a better side like Liverpool, whose midfield is quite superior to any thing they've faced so far.

Pity the midfield is always bypassed by the wimbeldon style kick and rush football. i do agree though that kuyt is the most technically gifted midfielder in the pl

Dirky does a job for us, but when it comes to create football, I think it's a shame that players like Carrick or Hargreaves wear the shirt of a football team that pretends to be top European football.

Comparing the Manchester CM to Gerrard and Alonso, is like comparing the neolithic and modern times.

Yeh, they have that cúnt in the left, but we all know he wants to come to Spain, he has a mercenary soul, and he likes bigger clubs (1). He'll be at Madrid as soon as they gather the required money. Tevez is bored there too. It's seems to me dull and dark times under an aging manager is the inmediate future of Manchester United.

Players like this Image won't make Manchester big and the good ones are either aging or wishing to leave.

(1) Clubs with 5+ European cups
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:11 pm

What chance Mourhinio's Mob ay..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Sabre wrote:
rushy09999 wrote:
Sabre wrote:

Dirky does a job for us, but when it comes to create football, I think it's a shame that players like Carrick or Hargreaves wear the shirt of a football team that pretends to be top European football.

Comparing the Manchester CM to Gerrard and Alonso, is like comparing the neolithic and modern times.

Yeh, they have that cúnt in the left, but we all know he wants to come to Spain, he has a mercenary soul, and he likes bigger clubs (1). He'll be at Madrid as soon as they gather the required money. Tevez is bored there too. It's seems to me dull and dark times under an aging manager is the inmediate future of Manchester United.

Players like this Image won't make Manchester big and the good ones are either aging or wishing to leave.

:laugh:  :laugh:   

Love how you just said players like this and then used a picture like that.

Pure.  Comedy.   Gold.
JoeTerp

Postby rushy09999 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:38 pm

Sabre wrote:
rushy09999 wrote:
Sabre wrote:

I know my ban is on the way, but while im bored and here i might as well make a few points.........first off, do u realize the amount of money were gonna get for ronaldo when he does eventually leave. we can get anybody in the world as a replacement.
Point 2- paul scholes....undoubtadly the best midfielder in pl history.....in zidanes words "undoubtadly the greatest midfielder of his generation".
In case u havent watched united pool games in recent years, scholes ran the show and made gerrard look like a little boy lost....i can remember watching a game in a liverpool pub when not lucky enough to get a ticket, and your fans asking if gerrard was even on the pitch. And he still has a lot to offer.

Alonso i admit has been excellent this season, but carrick has been equally as good since his return from injury.

We also have a brilliant talent in anderson coming through. hard to believe him and lucas even come from the same country.

And our workhorse who u made fun of above, is every bit as effective as kuyt
Last edited by rushy09999 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rushy09999

Postby Dundalk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:13 am

All the best now!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Preferrably Real Madrid, Sporting or Porto over Villarreal, Inter or Lyon. However nobody will want to play us and I'd fancy our chances over anyone with the second leg at home.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:22 pm

What time is the draw?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:What time is the draw?

Sky have got coverage from 10.30am tomorrow.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:What time is the draw?

Tommorow at 12 gmt
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Tomorrow oh feck I thought it was in a few hours.

Cheers
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:25 pm

stmichael wrote:Preferrably Real Madrid, Sporting or Porto over Villarreal, Inter or Lyon. However nobody will want to play us and I'd fancy our chances over anyone with the second leg at home.

We can't be drawn against Porto as they won their group ahead of Arsenal, but other than that I agree with you.
JamCar05

Postby Madmax » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:19 pm

not to bothered tihs year about the champions league. maybe if we hit the semis then i will tune in. If we got real madrid though in last 16 would have to watch that
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion