CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LAST 16 DRAW - Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:49 pm

I'm made up with the draw. I wanted Real last year but it wasn't to beat. There's only them and the Manc's that we haven't beat in Europe in recent years, all the other big teams have kopped it.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:55 pm

For me it's a worrying draw on two counts. Number one, there is a danger we'll get beat which is something which is it is unlikely you could say about a couple of teams we could have gone up against. Secondly and even more troubling, I was hoping the "glamour" ties would wait until at least the last eight, and hopefully the last four. As it is, from an ani-rotationists point of view it is the absolute worst possible draw.

The light has definately been seen, but what worries me is that it might be temporarily switched off as we go looking for a notable scalp in the Champions League. I hope I'm wrong, but from the point of view of us challenging for and hopefully winning the Premiership, it is the worst possible draw imaginable in my opinion.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:04 pm

bigmick wrote:For me it's a worrying draw on two counts. Number one, there is a danger we'll get beat which is something which is it is unlikely you could say about a couple of teams we could have gone up against. Secondly and even more troubling, I was hoping the "glamour" ties would wait until at least the last eight, and hopefully the last four. As it is, from an ani-rotationists point of view it is the absolute worst possible draw.

The light has definately been seen, but what worries me is that it might be temporarily switched off as we go looking for a notable scalp in the Champions League. I hope I'm wrong, but from the point of view of us challenging for and hopefully winning the Premiership, it is the worst possible draw imaginable in my opinion.

Stop worrying mate!
I think its a mouth watering tie.Probably the two most famous clubs in the world head to head.I think we will go through but I always believe.Rafa knows Spanish football inside out so in a way it is good as he can prepare tactically as opposed to be drawn against some team he knows pretty much nothing about.

As for the rotation bit..DONT START!! :laugh:
At least wait till Rafa does!
I cant wait to these games! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:05 pm

bigmick wrote:For me it's a worrying draw on two counts. Number one, there is a danger we'll get beat which is something which is it is unlikely you could say about a couple of teams we could have gone up against. Secondly and even more troubling, I was hoping the "glamour" ties would wait until at least the last eight, and hopefully the last four. As it is, from an ani-rotationists point of view it is the absolute worst possible draw.

how is it worse than Inter?

Is it fair of me to say you would rather us have finished 2nd and drawn Barca?  Which in all likelihood would have ended our run early but at least gone out with the "honor" of losing to the likely finalists or champions?  Instead of playing two tough ties and squeaking by to the next round only to have to do it again, effectively draining the team of its top level performances that could have been of better use in the league?
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:27 pm

my oh my Madrid  :laugh: i suppose ill have to go now

This draw was made for us i cant :censored: wait. Been on the phone today arranging my tickets  :nod Im made up here Ive rang me mate loads today giving stick, I am welcome in Madrid they said but Fernando is not :laugh:

Im loving it here . Might just phone again later :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:30 pm

Huck wrote:Just to answer a question I always wonder: what is the current player you most hate from Real Madrid? ??? I think that my answer would be Guti if I didn't support Madrid, I can see he's stupid, above all if he is playing against the team you support but...what do you think??? And....on the opposite side, which one do you most admire/fear ?

Me an all Huck i hate that Gutti hes head up his own ar.se . Him an Raul think there own Madrid.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:49 pm

Made up for Jezey an all i know hes gonna be on the bench but he must be lovin the draw aswell .
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:54 pm

bigmick wrote:there is a danger we'll get beat which is something which is it is unlikely you could say about a couple of teams we could have gone up against. Secondly and even more troubling, I was hoping the "glamour" ties would wait until at least the last eight, and hopefully the last four. As it is, from an ani-rotationists point of view it is the absolute worst possible draw.

Have to disagree Mick. At this stage of the competition anyone can pull a rabbit out of the hat. To be honest I would have been more concerned if we'd drawn Lyon , not suggesting they will win it but they're an example of the type of team that can upset the apple cart and all the pundits in it.

I'm lovin' the fact that we got Madrid.

1, Whilst still top shelf they're not side they used to be, we're more than capable of beating them.

2, What a scalp to take on our way to Rome  :buttrock

3, Should fortune go against us it's no disgrace to lose to a club of their pedigree

4, Whatever the result there's gonna be two blinding games.

Can't f'uckin' wait   :buttrock   :buttrock   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Number 9 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:13 pm

SABRE SABRE where are you? :D

Being of Spanish tongue,I'd love it if you could take the time to go on a few Madrid forums on our behalf mate.Ask them a few questions about how they feel about LFC and the ties ahead.
Kinda like Doddy used to do in the oppo thread before he fu'cked off again! :D
This is what football was made for!
If you aint got the time or cant be @rsed no sweat..its just this game IS HUGE and I'd love to know how how the other side are feeling..I CANT WAIT!! :buttrock  :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:14 pm

Number 9 wrote:SABRE SABRE where are you? :D

Being of Spanish tongue,I'd love it if you could take the time to go on a few Madrid forums on our behalf mate.Ask them a few questions about how they feel about LFC and the ties ahead.
If you aint got the time or cant be @rsed no sweat..its just this game IS HUGE and I'd love to know how how the other side are feeling..I CANT WAIT!!

This game is nothing, its all about the:

MACHESTER UNITED VS INTER GAME!

:sleep  :sleep  :sleep

:censored: media :censored:
SupitsJonF

Postby Effes » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:22 pm

If you aint got the time or cant be @rsed no sweat..its just this game IS HUGE and I'd love to know how how the other side are feeling..I CANT WAIT!! :buttrock  :nod

Good idea Barry, Im sure Sabre will be up for that.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:40 pm

Effes wrote:

Good idea Barry, Im sure Sabre will be up for that.

I hope so,if not Im learning Spanish!

Already learned a bit for after we knock em out!

Tome que Madrid usted ahora hace que camine el fieltro LFC encendido! :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Manolete » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:10 pm

Remember, we are the best team of all time

and the last team that understimate at our team....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckyGX95vX8o

------Iker (the best gk of the world)-------

Ramos - Cannavaro - Pepe (the best dfc of europe) - Heinze

Higuaín (Crack!) - Sneijder - Gago - Robben

Raul

Huntelaar

I'm sorry for liverpool.
Manolete

Postby Number 9 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Manolete wrote:Remember, we are the best team of all time

and the last team that understimate at our team....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckyGX95vX8o

------Iker (the best gk of the world)-------

Ramos - Cannavaro - Pepe (the best dfc of europe) - Heinze

Higuaín (Crack!) - Sneijder - Gago - Robben

Raul

Huntelaar

I'm sorry for liverpool.

:D

Welcome!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 pm