CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LAST 16 DRAW - Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:35 pm

F@ck.......we get real madrid.........  :(  It won't be easy as ramos will surely shore up their defence and they won't be easy to beat.....

And A.madrid who finished 2nd get an easier game against porto....  :veryangry

Anyway hope mourinho's inter gets rid of manure.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:45 pm

SHIT ON A STICK will knock you out of the CL.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:47 pm

stmichael wrote:Just looking at our fixtures, the Saturday before travelling to Madrid we play Man City at home and then we play Sunderland at home before Real come for the second leg.

Can't ask for much better than that.

We also play boro away after the first leg and the Mancs away after the second leg  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:48 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Judge wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:see that Judge started a match thread :(  where is Bermenstein the maggot

steady boy

:laugh:

He :censored: it up already!  :(  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Ciggy wrote:
stmichael wrote:Just looking at our fixtures, the Saturday before travelling to Madrid we play Man City at home and then we play Sunderland at home before Real come for the second leg.

Can't ask for much better than that.

We also play boro away after the first leg and the Mancs away after the second leg  :glare:

ah boro away. might make the long trip for that one :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:52 pm

The_Rock wrote:F@ck.......we get real madrid.........  :(  It won't be easy as ramos will surely shore up their defence and they won't be easy to beat.....

Just like Ramos did at Spurs!?!?

I am very happy with the draw. Real are who I wanted although I was convinced we'd get Maureen's Inter Milan.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:55 pm

It will be interesting to see how Madrid progress. They are playing like :censored: now but in Feb they will have more players back from injury and could be a different proposition.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Real Madrid sporting director Predrag Mijatovic was in optimistic mood after seeing his club paired against 2005 winners Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League.

Madrid have been eliminated at the first knockout round in each of the last four seasons and are currently in the midst of a dismal run of form that has seen them lose seven of their last 14 competitive matches.

However, Mijatovic has faith the nine-time European champions can rise to the task when they face a Liverpool side that includes a host of Spanish players and who are coached by former Madrid youth team boss Rafa Benitez.

"At this stage there are no easy teams. Nobody gets to this stage without being a quality team," Mijatovic said. "They (Liverpool) have had some good campaigns in recent years, in contrast to us, but I think the time has come for us do something more.

"We are capable of playing two good games and getting through the tie."

Mijatovic also warned five-time winners Liverpool against underestimating Madrid despite the reigning Primera Liga champions` recent troubles.

Not only have Madrid suffered a number of defeats, been knocked out of the Copa del Rey and fallen 12 points behind Barcelona in La Liga, but they have also been hit by a nightmare run of injuries.

Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mahamadou Diarra and Ruben de la Red have all been ruled out for the remainder of the season, while a number of other players have also been sidelined.

A lot of those absent players should be available by the time Liverpool visit the Bernabeu at the end of February, though, while Madrid are also set to be boosted by some new arrivals during the January transfer window, with Klass Jan Huntelaar and Daniel Parejo already brought in.

"We will go into the tie with confidence. We have high hopes of having a great campaign in the Champions League, and we have time to prepare for this tie," Mijatovic said on his club`s website.

"In recent months we have had very bad luck with injuries. Now better times are going to come, we will be able to recover some injured players and reinforce the team in January.

"This team has the desire to have a good campaign. We are all hopeful and we are going to do everything possible to achieve it. We do not lack motivation.

"Our players have experience in this competition and we must feel very optimistic."
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The_Rock » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:17 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
The_Rock wrote:F@ck.......we get real madrid.........  :(  It won't be easy as ramos will surely shore up their defence and they won't be easy to beat.....

I am very happy with the draw. Real are who I wanted although I was convinced we'd get Maureen's Inter Milan.

I don't have too much info on ramos....but he does have one thing similar to benitez...His teams are pretty good in knock out competitons....Thats the way he sets up his teams.

So I don't think it will be as easy as what most ppl here think. I would rather have got sporting lisbon or lyon. But looking at what the other english teams got....well maybe it isn't that bad.... :p .... If we are lucky....manure, chelsea and arsenal can be knocked out...

Anyway, theres still 2 months to go...... Hope we a  new leftback (or a fit auerlio) and on-form torres and gerrard when we play them.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:22 pm

The_Rock wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:

I don't have too much info on ramos....but he does have one thing similar to benitez...His teams are pretty good in knock out competitons....Thats the way he sets up his teams.

So I don't think it will be as easy as what most ppl here think. I would rather have got sporting lisbon or lyon. But looking at what the other english teams got....well maybe it isn't that bad.... :p .... If we are lucky....manure, chelsea and arsenal can be knocked out...

Anyway, theres still 2 months to go...... Hope we a  new leftback (or a fit auerlio) and on-form torres and gerrard when we play them.

I was thinking the same to be honest if we do get through our chances will significantly improve because a lot of the top dogs will be gone,

I always fancy Liverpool against the foreign teams it's just the English ones that worry me :kungfu:  :kungfu:
roberto green

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:24 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I want Torres to go back to Madrid and beat his old rivals.

:bump
JoeTerp

Postby roberto green » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:25 pm

It's quite funny because we will be playing them with more spanish players than they have in there team:D
roberto green

Postby tubby » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:28 pm

JoeTerp wrote:

Him and Reina will be well up for this game. Alonso too.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

Him and Reina will be well up for this game. Alonso too.

Benitez too.....

Arbeloa too.

:kungfu:  :kungfu:

:D  :D
roberto green

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:31 pm

JoeTerp wrote:

why  :bump . the last post was only 2 minutes old following your post??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion