CHAMPIONS LEAGUE LAST 16 DRAW - Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Dundalk wrote:We will play the first leg away on 24/25.02.2009 and the second leg at home on 10/11.03.2009

The games take place on these dates Judge and this isnt a match thread, its a thread for the draw which is on in a week .

There will be a seperate thread for the match, whoever we play

edit
Last edited by Judge on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm even more p1ssed off now the sky sports fella has just said the stand out tie being Inter aganst the mancs!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
roberto green

Postby XaviHernandez » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:12 pm

metalhead wrote:
XaviHernandez wrote:Do you think that Higuaín could be dangerous for us?

Higuan has been on form all season, definetly a player we should watch out for.

Real have some excellent players, but their defence this season has been c@ck. If salgado and marcelo plays goals galore for us  :D

Yes, if they play, it will be probably quite easy. But, we know how is football.
"If I could say what I wanted to say, I'd say I lay aside all again."
XaviHernandez

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:13 pm

metalhead wrote:
XaviHernandez wrote:Do you think that Higuaín could be dangerous for us?

Higuan has been on form all season, definetly a player we should watch out for.

Real have some excellent players, but their defence this season has been c@ck. If salgado and marcelo plays goals galore for us  :D

. As for Higuain , no doubt he's got raw talent like babel and he has been in good form so far , still we will beat them , higuain will have a tough time against skrtel and carra . I'm more worried about robben and sniejder and van der vaart as well . They'll have huteelar  playing for them as well come January , seems like the next dutch team .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:14 pm

Im not worried about van der vaart, he has been :censored: all season for them.

Gerrard, Alonso and Mascha are better the van der vaart, gago and sneijder.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:14 pm

I think it's a great draw. I was born 3 months after we won the Cup against Madrid in 1981. Since then I've seen us play almost every European giant with the exception or Real and now it's going to happen, can't wait.

It'll be interesting to note Madrid's progress between now and the end of February. If the game was next week I'd be ultra confident but the reality is, in two months time we don't really know which Real will turn up. Great going forward but defensively they make Blackburn Rovers look like Chelsea.

Having said all that, I'd fancy our chances against anyone with the second leg at Anfield. The atmosphere will be out of this world.
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby we all dream... » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:15 pm

roberto green wrote:Typical Sky sports news bigin up the Mancs Game against Inter.

How many times have these 2 won the european cup between them?

How many times have liverpool and Real won it between them?

I rest my case f**** shi*** Sky Sports news:angry: :angry:

Sorry to say this but the scum inter game is mouth watering. United are chamions of europe, Inter are one of top favourites and pundits are bound to enjoy it because of Maureen coming back to England. It will probably be a better game of football that ours even if the specticle arounf our game will be immense.

I dont want to receive abuse for saying this.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:15 pm

roberto green wrote:I'm even more p1ssed off now the sky sports fella has just said the stand out tie being Inter aganst the mancs!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

i think our tie is the most stand out. 2 legendary teams who have won the most european titles besides AC Milan. a whole host of great players including some who played for both teams such as Dudek, Morientes, McManaman and Owen. the atmosphere would be electrifying!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:21 pm

there'll be loads of old foes meeting again.
Ranieri back to Chelsea
Jose and red nose whiskey
Rafa back to his former club Real.
really intriguing. i just cant help feeling nervous and Real do have a hell load of good players too. i hope we win!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:22 pm

Great draw for us.. Let be honest Ramos couldnt get one of his teams to score in a brothel in the UK!!

:D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owzat » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:26 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Best draw for years!!! amazing!!!!

I disagree. Looks like at least three ordinary teams will make the last eight because some of the drawn ties are weak

Villareal vs Panathanaikos - neither that great a side
Sporting vs Bayern Munich - neither that great (at the moment)
Atletico vs Porto - neither that great

I'd be confident of beating any of those sides at any stage in the competition.

Arsenal got arguably the easiest draw of the English clubs, I'd rather Roma (v Arsenal) than Inter (v Man Utd), Juve (v Chelsea) or Real (v Liverpool)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XaviHernandez » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:27 pm

metalhead wrote:Im not worried about van der vaart, he has been :censored: all season for them.

Gerrard, Alonso and Mascha are better the van der vaart, gago and sneijder.

+1

Robben is an excellent player, but he is always injured. Our team is better than RM.

Barcelona has just demonstrated it, 2-0, the last saturday. And Real Madrid played like Sampdoria...

The problem will be in semifinals, it will be more difficult if we have to play against Barcelona, Manchester, Chelsea or Inter.
Last edited by XaviHernandez on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I could say what I wanted to say, I'd say I lay aside all again."
XaviHernandez

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:28 pm

I'll tell you what, the odds must have significantly shortened for a Spanish winner of the CL. With the exception of Real obviously, the other 3 Spanish sides have got very winnable ties.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Yes yes , it's very nice drawing Real Madrid , but i want the league sooooooo bad .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:34 pm

That pr#ck who was interviewing on Sky Sports News was doing my head in when talking to some bloke who was representing Man U.

"No team has ever retained the Champions League. Is that extra incentive for you?"

Yeah it's not like Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Ajax, Benfica and Inter have ever done it. ???

But then Football only began in 1992 didn't it?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion