CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW - 3rd Round Qualifier 01/08/08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:41 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
destro wrote::( I wanted a Turkish team, I really miss the pictures of their cutlery collection and the scarves covering the ugly faces

I can do that if you wish.

OK, think of me now as a Turkish football hooligan.

-clears throat-

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, damn you Scouse bastardos!!!!!

We will eat your mother, and feed your sister to our goats!!!!

Be prepared to be cut by our knives....and if you have a bottle of wine we will uncork it!!!!

You will burn in the chemical reactions known scientifically as "fire", when we unleash Johnny Storm on you!!!!

Feel the wrath of the eternal flames!!!!!

With masks covering our faces, THIS will be the last thing you ever see!!!!

Go back to Istanbul you bl**dy Turk you're a disgrace to your nation, we're not scared of you or your fugly mother and sister. Rock 'ard.

Next.   :eyebrow
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:56 am

Ronnie Rosenthials team ?
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:59 am

7_Kewell wrote:as some have said, its not the worst draw, but not the best either. They won the Belgian league and are no mugs in terms of quality....so we'll have to field a strong side in both legs

But what's the Belgian league worth in real terms? We did Anderlecht home and away in 2005/6, the furthest any of their teams have got in the Champions League is the QFs and out of eight games English clubs have played against Belgian sides only the mancs have lost - 1-2 away in 2000/1, I assume they'd already qualified before losing in the QFs to Bayern (they won 5-1 at home)

English Clubs vs Belgian Clubs (Champions League)

P8 W7 D0 L1 F19 A5

Leeds, Liverpool, and Chelsea have all done the home and away double in their only CL ties against Belgian clubs. That said we shouldn't be complacent, that is the main danger against any team
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FromBelgium » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi, I'm from Belgium but don't think you've won allready :)
We have one of the most talented players of europe. You will see it on the olympic games. Watch for Steven Defour, Marouanne Fellaini and Milan Jovanovic :)

CIAO
Last edited by FromBelgium on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FromBelgium

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:21 pm

FromBelgium wrote:Hi, I'm from Belgium but don't think you've won allready :)
We have one of the most talented players of europe. You will see it on the olympic games. Watch for Steven Defour, Marouanne Fellaini and Milan Jovanovic :)

CIAO

? But if they are in the olympic squad will they be able to play in those games?
heimdall

Postby destro » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:38 pm

CIAO

Talented players indeed if they can travel back from the Olympics to play both legs and then fly back to the Olympics, I would class them as more Super human than talented  ???
destro

Postby RedBen » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:50 pm

heimdall wrote:

CIAO

? But if they are in the olympic squad will they be able to play in those games?

Jovanovic isn't at the Olympics because he's 27 and he's Serbian, Defour is 20 years old, but because he's already a full member of the Belgian first team he didn't have to go and Fellaini will be called back from the Olympics to play against us. I read that this morning in a Belgian newspaper. Standard and the Belgian football association had an agreement that if Standard would have to play a major team, they could call back Fellaini and naturally, they will do that.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby FromBelgium » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:50 pm

heimdall wrote:

CIAO

Standard de Liege's players that will play on the olympic gams are coming back to the club :)
FromBelgium

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:06 pm

FromBelgium wrote:
heimdall wrote:

CIAO

Standard de Liege's players that will play on the olympic gams are coming back to the club :)

Torres was offered one Belgium waffle for every goal he scores, and skrtel two for every good tackle.

They are both hungry  :D
SupitsJonF

Postby RedBen » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:12 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
FromBelgium wrote:
heimdall wrote:

CIAO

Torres was offered one Belgium waffle for every goal he scores, and skrtel two for every good tackle.

:D
At the end of the game they'll have to roll Torres off the pitch then, since their keeper is from Ecuador but no international for his country! You really have to try hard to be from Ecuador and not to get into the national team  :p
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:18 pm

SupitsJonF wrote:
FromBelgium wrote:
heimdall wrote:

CIAO

:D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:24 pm

One of the best possible draws for us, as far as I'm concerned.  No long haul trip to the other side of "Europe" (as it now seems to be defined :D ) and, like Toulouse, opponents who should offer just enough competition to be taken seriously but not so much that we'll struggle to reach the group stages. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby FromBelgium » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:10 pm

i just say that Standard is not a easy team..
FromBelgium

Postby Dundalk » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 pm

What do you think the score over the 2 games will be FromBelgium?
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Home:  3-0
Away: 2-0 or 2-1.

I don't really consider them better then the Rangers, so I think the results will be around the same.  But this is just my opinion.  I don't know much about Belgium football.
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion