Good draw.

but Atletico Madrid vs Schalke.... :bump
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:21 pm

heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:Don't be a turd mate :D

So you finally manage to post in less than 15 lines and it is just to insult me, wtf???

Heimdall I'm not insulting you mate it's a reference to your post about the "Brummie turd" on another thread. I commented at the time that it was the first time I'd heard the word "turd" in ages and it cracked me up. I also said that I was gonna start using it every opportunity.

Sorry bud, absolutely no offence intended I assure you.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:22 pm

I'm happy with the draw for two reasons:

1. I'm Belgian :)
2. Liverpool will beat them with an aggregate score of about 7-2 :cool:

I have to say they won the title last season quite impressive and they were unbeaten for 31 games, but on the other hand, the other Belgian "top-teams" :D (Club Brugge (Bruges) and Anderlecht) had terrible seasons. Luckily for us, their manager last season, Michel Preud'homme, who I rate very high, has left, because he had problems with the new contract they offered him and he left for AA Gent (Ghent). Their most important players are Steven Defour, a 20-year old central midfielder who won the Belgian Golden Shoe aged only 19. Then there is Axel Witsel, 19 years old, a right winger and Marouane Fellaini, a 20-year old defensive midfielder in which the Mancs and the Gooners showed some very vague interest in.
Nonetheless, we're going to beat them with impressive figures and their keeper is terrible so a chance for Keane and Torres to warm up :cool:
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:32 pm

RedBen wrote:I'm happy with the draw for two reasons:

I have to say they won the title last season quite impressive and they were unbeaten for 31 games, but on the other hand, the other Belgian "top-teams" :D (Club Brugge (Bruges) and Anderlecht) had terrible seasons. Luckily for us, their manager last season, Michel Preud'homme, who I rate very high, has left, because he had problems with the new contract they offered him and he left for AA Gent (Ghent). Their most important players are Steven Defour, a 20-year old central midfielder who won the Belgian Golden Shoe aged only 19. Then there is Axel Witsel, 19 years old, a right winger and Marouane Fellaini, a 20-year old defensive midfielder in which the Mancs and the Gooners showed some very vague interest in.
Nonetheless, we're going to beat them with impressive figures and their keeper is terrible so a chance for Keane and Torres to warm up :cool:

I here they are a team of divers, its this true.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:40 pm

lakes10 wrote:

Not a team of divers, although one of their strikers, Mbokani, falls very easily indeed. His manager at Anderlecht, Franky Vercauteren, said he was a player like Drogba, but in my opinion that was more of the diving than because of any talent  :D
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Dundalk wrote:
taff wrote:Come on Drogheda, Ireland. I have vouchers for the ferry from Fishguard and it would probably be an old ground so you can climb a tree and watch the game

I live 20 mins away and yeah it is an old ground and I might even bring a few cans and climb the tree with ya  :D

gorillas dont climb trees
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:45 pm

Now I come to think of it, in England their most famous player has to be Oguchi Onyewu, a centre back, since he was on a loan deal with Newcastle in 2007.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:52 pm

RedBen wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Not a team of divers, although one of their strikers, Mbokani, falls very easily indeed. His manager at Anderlecht, Franky Vercauteren, said he was a player like Drogba, but in my opinion that was more of the diving than because of any talent  :D

lol yes thats what i heard.

hope we get a good ref.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby frelar » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:57 pm

Hello i m belgian too and i hope i could see the match..It s not a bad draw but the standard has a good team...

There are some very good young players like fellaini, defour, witsel..Some other like dalmat, onywou, sarr, jovanovic and so on are not bad too but liverpool s team is better...
frelar

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:05 pm

bigmick wrote:
heimdall wrote:
bigmick wrote:Don't be a turd mate :D

So you finally manage to post in less than 15 lines and it is just to insult me, wtf???

Heimdall I'm not insulting you mate it's a reference to your post about the "Brummie turd" on another thread. I commented at the time that it was the first time I'd heard the word "turd" in ages and it cracked me up. I also said that I was gonna start using it every opportunity.

Sorry bud, absolutely no offence intended I assure you.

sell him a dildo mick so to keep his turds where they are
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:12 pm

A great draw for us. We're not on a trek to some godforsaken place where people still throw stones at the moon.

Would expect us to have far to much quality for Liege.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Boocity » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:43 pm

RedBen wrote:Their most important players are Steven Defour, a 20-year old central midfielder who won the Belgian Golden Shoe aged only 19.

Golden shoe, A bit posh is'nt it, don't you mean clog, oh sorry thats Holland. :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:08 pm

I think it's unfair we have to play a company that makes sinks and toilets.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Boocity wrote:
RedBen wrote:Their most important players are Steven Defour, a 20-year old central midfielder who won the Belgian Golden Shoe aged only 19.

Golden shoe, A bit posh is'nt it, don't you mean clog, oh sorry thats Holland. :D

Belgium has absolutely nothing to do with strange Dutch habits and we don't like to be compared with them  :no  It's not because the northern part of Belgium speaks Dutch that we're the same. It would be like I would be comparing Britain with the US and was saying I was looking forward to a spectacular game of soccer... :laugh:
We have another shoe aswell, the Ebony shoe, given to the best player in the Belgian league with African roots, Fellaini of Standard won him btw.
Last edited by RedBen on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:14 pm

I just read an article in a Belgian online-newspaper about Standard-Liverpool and they summed up the most important Liverpool-players in their opinion, I copied it literally

Belangrijkste spelers (Most important players): Steven Gerrard (kap.), Jamie Carragher, Robbie Keane, Sami Hyypia (Fin), Fernando Torres (Spa), Xabi Alonso (Spa), Andriy Voronin (Oek), Ryan Babel (Ned)

:D  :laugh:

Source: http://www.hln.be/hln....a.dhtml
RedBen
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion