CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW - 3rd Round Qualifier 01/08/08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:03 pm

Toffeehater wrote:I don't care whatever team we draw , be it a top team or a easy team , it's still going to be a good game and we are LFC , we can beat any team in the champions league :nod

Bit early to get happy clappy isnt it?  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:05 pm

:D , I'm not happy clappy , its the fact mate , like i said we should not fear drawing any team as sooner or later we are still going to have to meet the top teams and only the best survive in this competition
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:25 pm

i wanna see kewell play for 10mins against us then go off injured.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Owzat » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Only two I'd really want to avoid are Atletico and Galatasaray, the rest we should beat comfortably enough at home not to worry about the result of the tie
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:18 pm

Bring 'em all on!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:26 pm

i just hope we dont get Galatasaray , its not the game.....its the fans and the place lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:56 am

Just a cheeky question, would it be an absolute disaster if we got beat? That would leave us only the Carling Cup with all the reserves playing, the FA Cup where we could mix and match and the Premiership. Wouldn't need to rotate anywhere near as much and could really go for the league properly.

NOTE FOR THOUGHT POLICE-It's no good looking for me, I've got the getaway car already revving up and you'll never find me. Remember, it's just a thought which is still allowed, I think  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:10 am

bigmick wrote:Just a cheeky question, would it be an absolute disaster if we got beat? That would leave us only the Carling Cup with all the reserves playing, the FA Cup where we could mix and match and the Premiership. Wouldn't need to rotate anywhere near as much and could really go for the league properly.

NOTE FOR THOUGHT POLICE-It's no good looking for me, I've got the getaway car already revving up and you'll never find me. Remember, it's just a thought which is still allowed, I think  :D

Of course it would be a disaster what a silly thought???
I can see where you are coming from but it would be a terrible start to the season, morale would be low etc etc.  :no  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:23 am

Don't be a turd mate :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:29 am

It would be a disaster for the yanks mick , cos they won't be able to meet this years intrest payments to the banks . It might not be a bad thing in the long run if it means Turd And Turdburgalar have to sell up.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 am

bigmick wrote:Just a cheeky question, would it be an absolute disaster if we got beat? That would leave us only the Carling Cup with all the reserves playing, the FA Cup where we could mix and match and the Premiership. Wouldn't need to rotate anywhere near as much and could really go for the league properly.

You said the same thing last year, however you not complaining about rotation for a full season would be refreshing. It is safe to say that if you were ever a manager in a parallel universe that you would never ever win the quadruple

With the debt that is on the club not qualifying would not be good so the answer is yes it would be a disaster.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:47 am

not qualifying wouldn't be a disaster but probably wouldn't be such a good thing either, looking at it purely from the financial sense. i'm actually with you, more or less, on the idea of focussing purely on the premiership but in the situation we are in we have to look at the financial issues. thinking out loud, maybe a decent run in the group stages and just missing out on the last 16 would be a decent compromise. based on a very rough calculation based on the prize monies from the 06/07 season (the first link i came across) that would net us around 12 million quid. enough to avert financial damage and enough to keep people aware that we are a european club. we then have the rest of the year to concentrate on winning that frigging premiership trophy every bangs on about :D

then again its probably bol'locks and we should go and try and win it all again. the 2 teams above us have between them just proved you can do it or at least go very close.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:47 am

kazza wrote:

You said the same thing last year, however you not complaining about rotation for a full season would be refreshing. It is safe to say that if you were ever a manager in a parallel universe that you would never ever win the quadruple

With the debt that is on the club not qualifying would not be good so the answer is yes it would be a disaster.

I'd never ever win the quadruple? Well nobody else ever has either so I'd be in good company. Besides which I'd be too busy mixing the drinks as you've pointed out before.

As for the "not complaining about rotation for a whole season" I'm not so sure on a couple of levels. Firstly I'm not sure I've ever "complained" about it. I've consistently stated that mass rotation on the level which Rafa has previously gone for will never, ever, be successful in the English Premier League, but that's not really complaining it's voicing an opinion. Some people are/were of the opinion that in fact it hasn't/didn't/won't have any effect whatsoever on whether or not we are ultimately successful. That is their opinion, to which of course they are entitled, as indeed you are to yours.

At the end of the day though, it would of course from a financial point of view be a disaster if we didn't qualify for the group stages. I did actually know that but I was kind of being a bit light hearted, mischevious maybe. I've no doubts that we will though, and then we'll progress through the group stages without too much bother along with all the other English clubs before the competition begins proper. Curiously, if we were to draw one of the teams we'd rather avoid at this "third round" stage, we've almost certainly got more chance of getting knocked out here than we have at the group stages. We proved last season that it's possible to make a complete nonsense of it but still go through without too much bother. It does help when there's teams in the group who it's possible to beat 8-0.

Anyway, long post which means you probably won't read it but that's cool    :cool:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:04 am

Don't think you thought this one through Mick.

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:12 am

:D Feck me, it's a fair cop Woof (Mick walks out with his hands held out in front, waiting for the cuffs). :D
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion